PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Still Need A Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year I would be looking hard at Carlos Dunlap from Flordia. He had 3-4 end size with OLB speed.

I really think that Ndamukong Suh is the best DT in the draft and with another 10 pounds either way I think would be an impact player as a RE or NT in our system. I just though this guy was a beast this season at DT (76 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 16 tackles for loss, two interceptions, both for touchdowns, and a two-yard touchdown catch) is unreal....two TD's. Now I know he only really is a one year wonder in many people eye's but I really think this guy is a good D-Line.

We also have Gerald McCoy who is a better DT then Cody but he does not have the size. Cody is a monster of a man and I think could slip to 15-20 range for next year in the first round. Maybe BB will be thinking this when he might trade picks for 2010.

Next year I would be looking hard at Carlos Dunlap from Flordia. He had 3-4 end size with OLB speed.

I really think that Ndamukong Suh is the best DT in the draft and with another 10 pounds either way I think would be an impact player as a RE or NT in our system. I just though this guy was a beast this season at DT (76 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 16 tackles for loss, two interceptions, both for touchdowns, and a two-yard touchdown catch) is unreal....two TD's. Now I know he only really is a one year wonder in many people eye's but I really think this guy is a good D-Line.

We also have Gerald McCoy who is a better DT then Cody but he does not have the size. Cody is a monster of a man and I think could slip to 15-20 range for next year in the first round. Maybe BB will be thinking this when he might trade picks for 2010.

File away this one for next years' DE file: Tyson Alualu

Family man Alualu will be a force on Bears defense - Pac-10 - ESPN

Next year's draft is loaded at 3-4 DE candidates. Gerald McCoy and Carlos Dunlap will likely come out. Both are potential top 10 picks, but that may push someone like Ndamukong Suh down a bit, or Marvin Austin from North Carolina if he comes out as well. Arthur Davis and Vince Oghobasse are other strong prospects who could easily slip to the end of round 1 or even round 2 based on the number of options at the position. It's the strongest 3-4 end class in years.

Next year's draft is loaded at 3-4 DE candidates. Gerald McCoy and Carlos Dunlap will likely come out. Both are potential top 10 picks, but that may push someone like Ndamukong Suh down a bit, or Marvin Austin from North Carolina if he comes out as well. Arthur Davis and Vince Oghobasse are other strong prospects who could easily slip to the end of round 1 or even round 2 based on the number of options at the position. It's the strongest 3-4 end class in years.

I would tend to agree with you. I'm thinking the Pats may be best served by trading #23 into a 1st next year (Carolina and Dallas both would be itching to get back into the 1st round) plus some other compensation. May not need more picks in 2009, so maybe some additional picks in 2010.

I'm hating the value at #23 this year, but loving the middle rounds where the Pats are already loaded up with picks. Next year may be the time to have top end picks to get a specific elite player...or players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back