PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Haven't Won The Division Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never try to predict what other teams will do. Last night we took control of the division and BB & Company have their fate in their own hands/play...

I like our odds that being the case...... Awesome win/public flogging/demolition last night!

Buffalo always plays us like its their superbowl.Its gonna be tough.No doubt.They need to take it one game at a time.

The steelers have a cupcake schedule.We dont.I might have to root for the jets against the steelers.:mad:

I don't care what the stakes are, I will always reply thus: :nono:

Buffalo always plays us like its their superbowl.Its gonna be tough.No doubt.They need to take it one game at a time.

Yeah...they do always play us like its the Superbowl.

They are 0-4 in superbowls and hold the record for most consecutive superbowl losses. The are 0-14 against us and hold the longest active losing record against another team.

I hope they keep play us like its a Bills superbowl. If they start playing us like it is an AFCCG...well then that would be a problem.

the buffalo game on the road could be a tough one
Agree. We're going up for it as usual. I love the whole scene around Wilson - bonfires in the dirt parking lot, good-natured crap from Bills fans. It'll be interesting to see how the Bills play between now and then because they look like they're on the brink of getting better or sucking as usual. Just looking forward to it and I bet the game means something for the standings...

I think the Pats go into buffalo at 13-2...and leave 14-2

Right, I want us to win the division but with this league and the way some of these games have played out, we need to keep up the momentum ant gas ourselves with a awesome win.

I'm confident we'll win atleast 3 games though. Maybe 1 game slip but i can't see missing more than that. I've said for the last couple weeks that Buffalo doesnt look that bad. Shoot, they played the hell out of us at home.

Last edited:
The Bill are falling like flies. They keep losing guys each week.

The only thing to worry about against the Bills is ridiculous weather that makes it a 3-2 game.

I'd be surprised if the Jets lose to the Dolphins or the Bills, however this is one wacky year in the NFL.

I think we'd all be more surprised if the Patriots lost to the Dolphins or Bills.

I guarantee Fitzpatrick throws a couple of pick 6's in the Bill's game

Last edited:
If we split the next 2 games, then take care of Buffalo and Miami the #1 seed is ours regardless of what other teams do.

I'm not a player so it doesn't really matter if I think like this, but if we were to lose another game, this Sunday's is the most losable one. Any one of the next 2 are actually, but I want TB to get the consecutive home game streak. Obviously from a player perspective you don't think any games are losable, but as a fan if we lose this Sunday it's not the end of the world. 2 losses and you worry, but with the way this team is playing it's hard to see 2-2 against that remaining schedule.

I'm really looking forward to a Jets loss in the next two weeks to pretty much ice it.

Tie-breaker is strength of victory. We have that right now. Because we beat SD and Indy both 6-6 whom they haven't. They beat Houston 5-7 and Denver 3-9. Nice edge there. We beat Balt 8-4, they beat Cleve. They can pick up some points if they beat Chicago and we don't. But, don't think it will be enough if we beat GB at home. I think they're only chance is if we lose to Miami or Buffalo. That gives them a better division record if we end up tied and they beat both down the stretch.

I agree with this analysis.

If the jets win out, we will need to beat Buffalo and Miami to win the division. We've been in that situation many, many times before. And some times we have won the division, other times not.

In any case, the Chicago game seems the most losable for lots of reasons.

Tie-breaker is strength of victory. We have that right now. Because we beat SD and Indy both 6-6 whom they haven't. They beat Houston 5-7 and Denver 3-9. Nice edge there. We beat Balt 8-4, they beat Cleve. They can pick up some points if they beat Chicago and we don't. But, don't think it will be enough if we beat GB at home. I think they're only chance is if we lose to Miami or Buffalo. That gives them a better division record if we end up tied and they beat both down the stretch.

Just win the chicago game.I am worried about the steelers getting that top overral seed.

Agreed. There's a lot of football left to be played. Both the Bears and Packers are going to very difficult games.

And, our visit to Buffalo, in God knows what kind of weather, will be the Bills' Super Bowl after a frustrating season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News