PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Drafting a QB

U can't be serious about what has he shown that is better than what we have are you?....?? Please tell me your pulling my leg.

I'm completely serious. He was better this year, a little. 86 passer rating to 78. But neither one of them is close to league average.

Typically, yes, but NE is also the only team that can offer them a slot that still lets them get the best non-QB in the draft. That’s also very high value. Draft charts are just guide rails, the actual value of each pick is highly dependent on the players available.

If NE trades up then Chicago can get MHJ. If NE stays put then Chicago might just take MHJ at 1 and NE might get who they want anyway at 3. If Chicago trades their pick then the best pick they’ll probably get is the Giants at 6th, at which point they will have no chance at MHJ and possibly not Nabors either. So it depends on how much they value getting their specific guy too.
Absolutely, that #3 pick is way more valuable due to MHJ.

I'm completely serious. He was better this year, a little. 86 passer rating to 78. But neither one of them is close to league average.
Ok. Thanks for that stat line on him. However his team offensively LOOKED better, he was the reason his team won, he overcame terrible coaching. His upside is faaaaar more than Bailey jones.

Ok. Thanks for that stat line on him. However his team offensively LOOKED better, he was the reason his team won, he overcame terrible coaching. His upside is faaaaar more than Bailey jones.
Are you sure?

And it's *all* coaching? That seems like some high-grade copium to me. Kinda like, 'Everything was Matt Patricia's Fault' in 2022.

Are you sure?

And it's *all* coaching? That seems like some high-grade copium to me. Kinda like, 'Everything was Matt Patricia's Fault' in 2022.
Fact is Mac sucks, Bailey sucks.. Fields is an upgrade. Don't have to like him but I'd like my chances with Fields.

Fact is Mac sucks, Bailey sucks.. Fields is an upgrade. Don't have to like him but I'd like my chances with Fields.
Bailey Zappe sucks. Mac Jones sucks. Justin Fields is 10-28 as a starter. I'd rather take my chances with a QB we don't know is a perennial loser, yet.

Bailey Zappe sucks. Mac Jones sucks. Justin Fields is 10-28 as a starter. I'd rather take my chances with a QB we don't know is a perennial loser, yet.
Oh of course, I still want the QB in the draft I'm just saying "if" fields was available "..

I think you spelled 66 wrong.
I'm absolutely on the fence about 34 in this scenario. I actually like Fields a lot but there's no way I'm giving up a 1st for him and 34 is quite rich as well.
I'd just take MHJ at #3 believe me, I just don't want Daniels there
Yea I get that. Hes a late bloomer with real limitations. I was a big AR15 & Lamar fan coming out and don't think Daniels is in that same category.

Fwiw I don't buy into Mayo's comments. I'll wait until after the SB to see a clearer landscape.

Give it a rest ffs.
That was day #1 Mayo and this is the direction the head coach decided to take things. We got a whole lot more racial discussion coming I'm sure. If we don't see race we can't see racism.

Thanks for your 68th post in 15 years btw.

I'm absolutely on the fence about 34 in this scenario. I actually like Fields a lot but there's no way I'm giving up a 1st for him and 34 is quite rich as well.

Yea I get that. Hes a late bloomer with real limitations. I was a big AR15 & Lamar fan coming out and don't think Daniels is in that same category.

Fwiw I don't buy into Mayo's comments. I'll wait until after the SB to see a clearer landscape.
I'd do like...a 4th and a 5th, even though that seems like an awful lot for someone who might not even beat out Mac Jones. I know you like him way more than I do, especially from back in college.

I don’t get the Daniels hate on this board at all. He’s the most accurate passer and by far the most explosive athlete at the position in the draft. Those numbers in the SEC are not an accident. He’s a better prospect than Lamar was coming out.

Lol, hell no. That would be the dumbest thing to do when you're at 3.

If anything, trade up to #1 if they really really believe they can get their "guy."

"Hell no"? Why not, "Oh, for heaven's sake" ... Or maybe, "Heck no, man living rent-free in my tiny little cranium!"

FYI, trading down from No. 3 could reap a bonanza. That might seem quite far from "the dumbest thing to do."

Last edited:
That was day #1 Mayo and this is the direction the head coach decided to take things. We got a whole lot more racial discussion coming I'm sure. If we don't see race we can't see racism.

Thanks for your 68th post in 15 years btw.
We get it. Talking about racial issues causes you discomfort because your views align with political causes that think that a push for more diversity is terrible.

That’s all we need to know, please move on. We already have the race discussion happening the press conference thread anyhow.

I don’t get the Daniels hate on this board at all. He’s the most accurate passer and by far the most explosive athlete at the position in the draft. Those numbers in the SEC are not an accident. He’s a better prospect than Lamar was coming out.
Drafting MJ H at 3 and coming back for Nix or Daniel’s has to be The plan .

Drafting MJ H at 3 and coming back for Nix or Daniel’s has to be The plan .
Do you mean Jayden Daniels or someone else? That would suggest giving up a massive haul to get both guys. Like mortgaging all your draft picks.

Do you mean Jayden Daniels or someone else? That would suggest giving up a massive haul to get both guys. Like mortgaging all your draft picks.
I don’t think Daniel’s is worth 3 but won’t last to end of the 1st early 2nd.

We get it. Talking about racial issues causes you discomfort because your views align with political causes that think that a push for more diversity is terrible.

That’s all we need to know, please move on. We already have the race discussion happening the press conference thread anyhow.
Now he’ll just get mad because you don’t understand his “humor.”

With the Bears interviewing Kliff Kingsbury for their OC job, it seems like a lock that they’ll draft Caleb Williams. That means that #3 is the MHJ pick. Maybe they can squeeze Arizona for a 1 slot trade down to #4 so they can get MHJ in exchange for #91 then take Daniels there.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back