PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Drafting a QB

I don’t think this is typical “Jimmy Johnson trade value chart” stuff here.

Bears are well aware the value of being in a spot to take Williams is. It will take multiple firsts. Book it.
Typically, yes, but NE is also the only team that can offer them a slot that still lets them get the best non-QB in the draft. That’s also very high value. Draft charts are just guide rails, the actual value of each pick is highly dependent on the players available.

If NE trades up then Chicago can get MHJ. If NE stays put then Chicago might just take MHJ at 1 and NE might get who they want anyway at 3. If Chicago trades their pick then the best pick they’ll probably get is the Giants at 6th, at which point they will have no chance at MHJ and possibly not Nabors either. So it depends on how much they value getting their specific guy too.

Typically, yes, but NE is also the only team that can offer them a slot that still lets them get the best non-QB in the draft. That’s also very high value. Draft charges are just guide rails, the actual value of each pick is highly dependent on the players available.

If NE trades up then Chicago can get MHJ. If NE stays put then Chicago might just take MHJ at 1 and NE might get who they want anyway at 3. If Chicago trades their pick then the best pick they’ll probably get is the Giants at 6th, at which point they will have no chance at MHJ and possibly not Nabors either. So it depends on how much they value getting their specific guy too.
Great point.
So what you think the Pats can move to 1 for say a second next year?

Really hope his intention was to say qb or wr or ot since all are important. If we are locked on taking a qb thats fine but not something you want others to know. Im guessing az wants mhj pretty bad, we could probably squeeze a pick out of them to swap positions if they think we might take mhj. Or they trade above us to get him and we have another qb to pick from.

I saw a rumor the Dolphins could trade to 1 for Caleb.

Kraft said today in response to that question that it is undecided. Why would he lie? What if they have Daniels as a second round pick? Just a lot of unknowns it seems.
I don’t think Daniels is there in 2nd…should go top 10

They will draft a qb but he didn’t say when. If the top 2 are gone, I could see someone making an offer we can’t refuse. What do the charts say #3 is worth?

They say that the Patriots are guaranteed to keep sucking if they don’t fix QB, and this is their best opportunity to do that.

My guess is either their 2nd this year or their 2025 1st.
Both of those are too vital to the build this year to trade away IMO. Our options look good to me at 3. Either we get one of the top two QBs or trade out with someone desperate for Junior and get the best OT we can plus another first round pick.

I'm worried there's no worthwhile OTs on the market to spend it on, which isn't true for WR (right now).

There is going to be very good tackles available in the second half of the first round. So take the QB at #3, then trade up for the OT there.

Both of those are too vital to the build this year to trade away IMO. Our options look good to me at 3. Either we get one of the top two QBs or trade out with someone desperate for Junior and get the best OT we can plus another first round pick.

And the 2nd first rounder will be after the top QB’s are gone.

I don’t think Daniels is there in 2nd…should go top 10

By the time the Draft arrives he will go top 3. This happens every year. Burrows was predicted to go to the Patriots in the 2nd round in early mocks, and was at #1 when the draft arrived. The Patriots were looking at Richardson at his pro day last year, and mocks had him in the middle of the 1st, and he went #4 on Draft night. They shouldn’t screw around, take the QB at 3, then go after an OT.

I think it was a dumb idea to tip your hand on the draft especially this far out, but the Pats are pick #3 in a QB rich draft. There are only two teams picking in front of them and both those picks are likely to be QBs even if the Bears decide to trade back. Every single mock draft is going to have the Pats taking Daniels or Maye depending on whether they have Harrison going one or two. So there is little damage done by saying this.

Think I prefer Daniels over Maye

I saw a rumor the Dolphins could trade to 1 for Caleb.

It would take a lot more for them to get to #1 than they got from the 49ers to get to #3 to draft Lance. And the 49ers gave up three first rounders. You are probably talking three firsts and two or three seconds for them to get to #1.

Think I prefer Daniels over Maye

Not a draftnik or a huge college football watcher, but from what I can see is the biggest and possibly only reason Maye is ranked higher than Daniels is that Daniels is really thin and people wonder if he can stay healthy. I just wonder that with the way the league protects QBs if this as big of an issue as people make it.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back