PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Do Not Need Any More Receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take is: if Brady can still do well with mediocre receivers, imagine what he could do with a true #1? Sure we can get by without them, but a low quality receiver corps is certainly not something we should maintain as a matter of pride.

Last edited:
With Welker signed and now the word that Stallworth is in town tonight, I think it's now clear that BB isn't wasn't sold on Maverick's logic about not needing any more recievers than Caldwell and Gaffney. ;)

Well, the original context of this thread needs to be taken into account. I was offering a counter-argument to the MANY fans at the time who advocated throwing big money at a receiver, or a HIGH (packaged) draft pick, or for a speed burner.

Wes Walker, a quick but not fast smurf receiver, for 5 years/18Mill, is exactly the kind of guy I can take. Stallworth, if we sign him, will be for cheap money for one year. I still think the Pats excel with multiple #2 competent receivers so the defense can't key on anyone, and that our troubles with defenses 'stacking the box' are related to our OC and our multiple bunched up offensive formations.

Receiver is not an area of need for this team...

Your first sentence of this (maverick) post would be greatly disputed by Coach Belichick no matter the "context."

Last edited:
You Patsy ****es are funny. So arrogant and full of ****. Let's take away your football team for one second and let's see what you've got left to be thankful for living in New England. Well, the rest of your sports teams suck, and last time I checked your towns are made of **** and bricks and full of ugly people with ugly accents. The reason y'all are so arrogant as Patriots fans is because it's all you got. Take Miami fans ... we may have a pourous football team right now, but let me tell you, life is the **** down here, so we'll be okay during the wait for a better team. We've got better weather, better girls, better environment. Even before the Pats were good you fans were annoying. Now, you are just a bunch of loud-mouthed *****es who ride Belichick's coat tails. And I'll even go on and accuse every Pats fan of wanting to suck off Tom Brady, no matter if you're straight or not. You're just living a pathetic life of being a Patriots fan first, lowly New Englander second. Enjoy living in the armpit of America, jackasses.

You Patsy ****es are funny. So arrogant and full of ****. Let's take away your football team for one second and let's see what you've got left to be thankful for living in New England. Well, the rest of your sports teams suck, and last time I checked your towns are made of **** and bricks and full of ugly people with ugly accents. The reason y'all are so arrogant as Patriots fans is because it's all you got. Take Miami fans ... we may have a pourous football team right now, but let me tell you, life is the **** down here, so we'll be okay during the wait for a better team. We've got better weather, better girls, better environment. Even before the Pats were good you fans were annoying. Now, you are just a bunch of loud-mouthed *****es who ride Belichick's coat tails. And I'll even go on and accuse every Pats fan of wanting to suck off Tom Brady, no matter if you're straight or not. You're just living a pathetic life of being a Patriots fan first, lowly New Englander second. Enjoy living in the armpit of America, jackasses.

Certainly we do not have your enlightened way with words - and quite frankly DON'T take our sports seriously enough to embarrass ourselves by actually going to another board to express our frustration and homophobia, but I think we're OK with that.

Now take a deep breath, let the meds kick in, and return to your Dolphins board to be chastized by any fans with any intelligence for embarrassing your team like you just did.

Last edited:
Receiver is not an area of need for this team.

Well as the other poster said, you seemed pretty clear with the opening line of the opening post of this thread.

I'm just trying to figure out, if WR is not an area of need for this team, why BB has brought in one WR and is contemplating bringing in another, specifically a deep threat?

Could it be that the coach felt WR actually WAS an area of need for this team, and that perhaps he shared the concerns expressed by me and a handful of others that the lack of an additional WR and/or deep threat was exposing Brady to unnecssary pressure and limiting the production of the rest of the offense?

Receiver is not an area of need for this team. We almost reached the Superbowl with what we had, and came up short in that game mostly due to a tanked/injured defense, a missed Caldwell catch, and two bad penalties (Troy Brown PI and Ellis Hobbs PI). We can win with our receivers, and they are not as big a liability as people here seem to think.

OK.... NOW we can probably all agree that receiver is not an area of need anymore! :p

You generally had the right thread title... just about three months too early!

OK.... NOW we can probably all agree that receiver is not an area of need anymore! :p

You generally had the right thread title... just about three months too early!

I thought they would draft a WR in the 4th-6th round, but I didn't think it would be Randy Moss, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back