PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Heat and Jimmy Butler.

I didn't see us beating DEN.
They are team with HEART and PRIDE.. let see how much space the heat have to shoot now.. Bruce brown KCP, Gordon those guys don't take games off defensively.

They are team with HEART and PRIDE.. let see how much space the heat have to shoot now.. Bruce brown KCP, Gordon those guys don't take games off defensively.
DEN should win in 5.

Agree 100% on a real pg. As presently constructed, with that coach (who I'm afraid is coming back), they don't actually have an offense. They take shots, and they're talented so a decent amount usually go in. But they don't have an offense.

Agreed too with all that they weren't beating Denver, and you couple that with not feeling a huge amount of affection for this team, this has been a pretty easy loss to shake off.
Yes, it became so apparent later in the season .. we have some good players but lack the ball movement from a true PG.. I don't want tatum or brown handling the ball.. it's got to be an nba record for turnovers from elite players for them. On Muzzulla yes, 14 million is left on his extension. I would have thought Stoudemire would have been the guy instead. We are stuck with 2nd row Joe so we can hope he learns and becomes a better coach or we'll be in the hunt again. Denver is a team that is easy to root for.

I didn't see us beating DEN.
Another thought the sharp shooting of gallianari was sorely missing.. the guys been a deadly shooter since he came in the league. We sorely missed it this series especially. Hope Denver gets thier first championship

Another thought the sharp shooting of gallianari was sorely missing.. the guys been a deadly shooter since he came in the league. We sorely missed it this series especially. Hope Denver gets thier first championship
Sans Butler, Denver's better and deeper than Miami at every position (including role players coming off the bench), isn't at a coaching disadvantage, has home court and has the league's best player playing an unstoppable brand of basketball. I respect what Miami has done (their grit and determination) but they look significantly outmatched. For mine, unless Martin etc. continue the run of their lives, Denver will shoot them off the court.

The key match up is Denver can rotate Porter Jr. and Gordon on Butler who traditionally, has shown he's susceptible to larger wing defenders. Stop Jimmy and there's not enough scoring to compete with Jokic and Murray alone.

Sans Butler, Denver's better and deeper than Miami at every position (including role players coming off the bench), isn't at a coaching disadvantage, has home court and has the league's best player playing an unstoppable brand of basketball. I respect what Miami has done (their grit and determination) but they look significantly outmatched. For mine, unless Martin etc. continue the run of their lives, Denver will shoot them off the court.

The key match up is Denver can rotate Porter Jr. and Gordon on Butler who traditionally, has shown he's susceptible to larger wing defenders. Stop Jimmy and there's not enough scoring to compete with Jokic and Murray alone.
Excellent post!! I'll add that while our team is good and just needs a few tweaks tatum dissappear for to much to me the greats raised thier games in the playoffs.. he doesn't do it enough.. these are the prime years of his career the regular season is just a marathon.. the post season is what matters. Until something changes tatum and brown will be great regular season stars. On Denver your exactly right.. Murray is playing at another level.. the joker is such a tactician with the ball.. can pass it, shoot it. Dribble it full court.. make every shot around the rim. Porter jr.. is a solid 6-10 can hit the 3 attack the rim Excellent defender with his wing span.. then Gordon a touch physical defender who is always up for the challenge.. KCP and brown will not let Miami's shooter have any space. I know they just have far superior role players then we did. Malone is a hell of coach I'd even say he better than spolstra just my opinion

Excellent post!! I'll add that while our team is good and just needs a few tweaks tatum dissappear for to much to me the greats raised thier games in the playoffs.. he doesn't do it enough.. these are the prime years of his career the regular season is just a marathon.. the post season is what matters. Until something changes tatum and brown will be great regular season stars. On Denver your exactly right.. Murray is playing at another level.. the joker is such a tactician with the ball.. can pass it, shoot it. Dribble it full court.. make every shot around the rim. Porter jr.. is a solid 6-10 can hit the 3 attack the rim Excellent defender with his wing span.. then Gordon a touch physical defender who is always up for the challenge.. KCP and brown will not let Miami's shooter have any space. I know they just have far superior role players then we did. Malone is a hell of coach I'd even say he better than spolstra just my opinion
More than anything, Boston needs a floor general, someone who isn't necessarily interested in being a score first option but running good sets and putting Tatum in an advantageous match-up or good spot to score. Boston cannot start Smart at PG, he's simply not a good enough playmaker.

As for the finals, a Denver sweep, possibly 4-1 wouldn't surprise me.

More than anything, Boston needs a floor general, someone who isn't necessarily interested in being a score first option but running good sets and putting Tatum in an advantageous match-up or good spot to score. Boston cannot start Smart at PG, he's simply not a good enough playmaker.

As for the finals, a Denver sweep, possibly 4-1 wouldn't surprise me.
Exactly right, stevens is a very smart and cerebral guy. I'm sure he knows better than anyone what the team needs.

I believe smart is likely to be moved in order to aquire the PG needed. Brogdon was great all year.. until injuries started to compile.. wich is why a sharp shooter like gallinari was sorely missed.

I would like to explore the ayton trade.. he's the defender and scorer need down low.. I really, really like ball in Charlotte he would be phenomenal here. Can distribute the rock, get his own short whenever he wants. The ball needs not to be handled by the Js.

Denver does not **** around because they don't want to find out.

Embiid is a really good player, but how did he win MVP? Jokic is in another class.

Denver does not **** around because they don't want to find out.
Denver's simply better than Miami and they're showing it. Looking at the teams, there's nothing Miami can do to counter Denver's obvious size advantage. If they want a look, they're getting it.

Denver's simply better than Miami and they're showing it. Looking at the teams, there's nothing Miami can do to counter Denver's obvious size advantage. If they want a look, they're getting it.
And imagine the dast breaks Denver would have off of the multiple turnovers if we played them! We didn't deserve to be in the finals!

Joker takes a triple double dump on the hapless Heat...
Just shows just how bad we were.. none of shooters on Miami had any spacing

Denver just takes every advantage they have and steps on their opponents throat with it and refuses to let up. The Celtics had the opposite problem where they'd let off the gas and start screwing around away from the gameplan that worked and let the opponent get back into it. I like Denver so I'm kinda glad I didn't have to watch the Celtics be the team that they cemented themselves against. Jokic is also the current best player. He always had the tool kit, we were just waiting to see if he could string it altogether and elevate, now he has. He is special. Like he could be the top guy in the league for many years and this could be the start of him putting together a big run. Wouldn't be surprised if 7-10 years from now we were discussing if he's a top 10 of all time.

Denver just takes every advantage they have and steps on their opponents throat with it and refuses to let up. The Celtics had the opposite problem where they'd let off the gas and start screwing around away from the gameplan that worked and let the opponent get back into it. I like Denver so I'm kinda glad I didn't have to watch the Celtics be the team that they cemented themselves against. Jokic is also the current best player. He always had the tool kit, we were just waiting to see if he could string it altogether and elevate, now he has. He is special. Like he could be the top guy in the league for many years and this could be the start of him putting together a big run. Wouldn't be surprised if 7-10 years from now we were discussing if he's a top 10 of all time.
Agree!! Brad Steven's interview was kind of frustrating. Yeah we had great regular season stats.. however the play offs are a brand new season. Everyone starts 0-0.

We were a terrible home playoff team, we quit at times, confusing offensive sets, throwing up brick after brick in mulptile games. The identity is defense.. that will get you good ,efficient offensive play. San Antonio did it for years!

I'll keep saying this until the team does it. Explore trading for Lamelo ball. A true play maker at PG, can get his own offense, and makes everyone else better.

Robert Williams is awesome around the rim, but not a scoring threat.. they are either going to have to part with brown or smart to make this team better and more efficient. The one caviat I'll say is missing gallinari all season hurt them in the playoffs. Watching a well old machine like Denver who took full advantage of thier matchups is how team basketball should be played.

I've never seen a "superstar" like JT dissappear so often as he does. It's starting to feel like he is a great regular season player.

Denver is really good and they shouldn't have a letdown vs the Heat.

Jamal Murray is another guy people continue to underestimate and he's been possessed in the playoffs this year. He single handedly took my Lakers out.

Denver is really good and they shouldn't have a letdown vs the Heat.

Jamal Murray is another guy people continue to underestimate and he's been possessed in the playoffs this year. He single handedly took my Lakers out.
Everything is controlled by Murray and his ability to allow Joker to get in his spot to pass it, score it, allow other players to rotate into advantages to score..

Murry is a 90s PG that can get his own offense but can make his team better just the Joker does.

We are sorely lacking this.. JT & JB are not ball handlers don't think I've ever seen players of thier magnitude turn the ball over like they do.
Trade:
Smart, Pritchard for lamello ball please!!

He always had the tool kit, we were just waiting to see if he could string it altogether and elevate, now he has. He is special. Like he could be the top guy in the league for many years and this could be the start of him putting together a big run.
I mean, this should have been his third straight MVP. Not sure this is the start of anything. Guy’s been a monster for years

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back