PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Heat and Jimmy Butler.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think we win in 5 ... but do not want to curse them.
I am a big admirer of Jimmy Butler ... he can ball ... but for now the enemy.
The playoffs have weakened them but do they have depth to overcome???
No Herro ... no Oladipo ...

I think we win in 5 ... but do not want to curse them.
I am a big admirer of Jimmy Butler ... he can ball ... but for now the enemy.
The playoffs have weakened them but do they have depth to overcome???
No Herro ... no Oladipo ...

With Olapido and Herro out, I do not know where the Heat's points will come from. Butler can only score so many a night. Love and Lowry should not be able to carry the Heat.

Funny, if this was the opening round series it wouldn't seem too daunting but here we are. Miami's got the best coach in the league, a great playoff star, and just execute so well.

But this is obviously the Celtics to take. I'm going to say in 6, because the Heat will get one and the Celtics will lose one where we say "this team drives me crazy why do they do this I hate them sometimes"

Hoping for 5 though, rest would be great

I think this is still going 6 or 7. Heat play hard and smart. Mazz is overmatched by Spoestra but C's have too much talent.

I think this is still going 6 or 7. Heat play hard and smart. Mazz is overmatched by Spoestra but C's have too much talent.

I am scared of Kevin Love and Kyle Lowry. :p

How the Bucks lost to the Heat is a mystery to me. Hopefully we will stick with the RWIII starting lineup, and Butler will get some hoops, but there is not enough firepower, especially with Oladipo out, to beat the Celts.

I am scared of Kevin Love and Kyle Lowry. :p

How the Bucks lost to the Heat is a mystery to me.
I think they got old quick. Can always blame coaching and Budenholzer didn't do the team any favors but in the handful of quarters I watched just seemed like they lacked energy and played confused. Like Celtics vs Philly G5
Hopefully we will stick with the RWIII starting lineup, and Butler will get some hoops, but there is not enough firepower, especially with Oladipo out, to beat the Celts.
Mazz said RWIII is staying in the starting lineup so that is good. Bam and Butler both take it to the hole so that is smart.

Might make sense to put White, Brog and Smart out there together sometimes which gives them elite-level on the ball stickiness. We'll see.

If you listen to the local media, Jimmy Butler is a combination of Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan with the toughness of Willis Reed and Larry Bird

Celts in 7. As usual they won’t make it easy on themselves.

If you listen to the local media, Jimmy Butler is a combination of Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan with the toughness of Willis Reed and Larry Bird
I was watching Michael Holly last night and he was berating the media for their Butler takes. He's hot and cold.

Playoff Jimmy Butler is scary. His intensity is off the charts, and he brings his team with him. That said, the Heat are not as talented or deep as the C's. I knew Herro was out, but did not know about Oladipo. Very short handed compared to last years matchup. This is gonna be a fun matchup, but I'm not sure I can withstand another series where we go down 3 games to 2.

Here's to hoping the Celtics finish off the feel good story Heat and face my Lakers in the finals.

Marcus Smart's job today is a true PG ...
and he has 10 assists. ... I like this ... too many weapons for the Heat so far.

Marcus Smart's job today is a true PG ...
and he has 10 assists. ... I like this ... too many weapons for the Heat so far.
Can or should I delete that post .... Ugh ... I am a curse for them.

Celtics tonight = Brainfarts R Us. :mad:

Celtics tonight = Brainfarts R Us. :mad:
Out played ...out balled ... terrible effort ...
Miami with great defense .. we play for the 3 way too much IMO.

Out played ...out balled ... terrible effort ... Miami with great defense.

You forgot the mindless Celtics turnovers. Plus, Miami shot the hell out of the ball.

Team Stats​

Miami Heat
Boston Celtics
FG46-8542-81
Field Goal %54.151.9
3PT16-3110-29
Three Point %51.634.5
FT15-1922-29
Free Throw %78.975.9
Rebounds3534
Offensive Rebounds79
Defensive Rebounds2825
Assists2022
Steals126
Blocks33
Total Turnovers1515
Points Off Turnovers2622
Fast Break Points1215
Points in Paint4062
Fouls2218
Technical Fouls00
Flagrant Fouls00
Largest Lead1213

I am off to bed ... disgusted.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back