PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are definitely picking DeAngelo Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

p8ryts

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Why? Because he is one of the few eligible at our pick that hasn't been brought in to Foxboro for an up close and personal. Its another Belichick obfuscation.

No we are not. By that logic we are picking Reggie Bush.

Or a ton of others.

I am going on record as saying, there is no way we are drafting a WR or RB in the first round. If I am wrong I will meekly accept ridicule and naming calling for the next year.

I don't think so. Dillon and Faulk can give us a perfectly good season, maybe even a really good one. We can likely draft a RB next year and slip him right in or draft a RB in the mid rounds this year to evaluate heading into next year. I don't see a first round RB.

Word is leaking out that the FO and Belichick are fully confident in Corey's ability to return to form for the 2006 season.

That said, I believe that we'll wait until the 2007 draft to get our RB for the future. That draft will be much more offense heave than this years.

Ugh....No..If anything the team will pick a RB lower in the draft...4th lower. First pick?? I would be very surprised...

Williams is not a Patriot type player. After Bush, there is not RB or WR, IMO, who are Patriots type players in the first round.

We should grab Mike Hass. If we have to do it in the 2nd round, so be it. I don't believe in "reach" picks. Only, football players that we want.

PATSNUTme said:
We should grab Mike Hass. If we have to do it in the 2nd round, so be it. I don't believe in "reach" picks. Only, football players that we want.
Greg Jennings > Mike Hass :)

NFL.com had Mike Hass as a FA level pick. I don't really understand that.

They said he's just not quick enough. I thought he was, but I've never seen him. They were high on Jason Avant though. And Chad Jackson. And Greg Jennings. But not Brandon Marshall.

I don't think anyone takes Hass before the 4th, just my opinion.

As for Williams, no way. Too small, too stuck on himself. Lot of mileage.

BB will take a bigger back in the late rounds. D'Arruis Howard or someone like that. Williams would be alot like Kevin Faulk. Why have 2 on the same team?

It's funny that they would list Hass that low. They posted that he ran the 3 cone drill in 6.52. That shows decent quickness and change of direction. That being said however, I would take Avant before Hass also.
My sleeper WR pickis Bouknight of Wyomig. I know BB does not like to take small school guys, but he does gamble on them occasionally later in the draft.

Even if Williams returned kicks and punts, it's hard to imagine BB taking him in the first round. BB likes the bigger backs.

Deangelo Williams at #21.... NO WAY, NO HOW! That being the case we'll make a trade with a team that NEEDS a RB badly. I.E. Indy and improve our 2rd round position. Williams at 21? That's a joke. Never happen...... I'll take abuse for a year if that happens

PATSNUTme said:
Williams is not a Patriot type player. After Bush, there is not RB or WR, IMO, who are Patriots type players in the first round.

I wouldn't categorize Hass as a Patriot type player either. He's not considered to have a burst off the snap and going back to 2002, most of the Patriot draft picks, from all positions, were considered to at least get off the ball quickly. The receivers may not all have had great long speed but in the short to intermediate areas, they were said to be explosive.

As far as first day picks go, the Patriots have picked high grade athletes. Hass isn't one of those, despite his impeccable production.

Carny said:
I wouldn't categorize Hass as a Patriot type player either. As far as first day picks go, the Patriots have picked high grade athletes. Hass isn't one of those, despite his impeccable production.
Huh???? Why would Hass NOT be a Patriot pick??? Wrong page. wrong time...way off base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST