PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson and TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd love to see watson return a kick one of these days

Excellent point. He has above average speed and size. As long as he covers it up, he should be able to plow over a bunch of those little cover DB's.

I think BB keeps Watson through the remainder of his contract. I think we have a chance to draft a true passs receiver in the 2nd round in Coffman of Mizzu. Decent hands, decent route running, weak blocker and I am not sure if he can get below 4.7 on the 40. But as a receiver, he would be an instant upgrade over what we have.

The Jests have used their rookie TE, very effectively and Coffman is a much better receiver.

I could see Watson staying on the team playing ST

The way he has run down DBs after an Int on several occasions shows me he might very well be a good ST but only as a 3rd string TE

I have an ongoing thread regarding this same subject.
The TE position is a big weakness on this team.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.
Every time I see Cassell throw Watson's way, I cringe.

My sentiments exactly, Watson is occasionally adequate at best, almost anyone drafted would be better IMO. Watson fumbled away the Jets game remember. That gaff may cost us the division and the playoffs.

To Deus Ira the only thing I will say is that (A) They have no other options at TE now (B) It is not that Watson is a bad player. I think people are frustrated with him because they look at his tremendous physical tools and they think he should be a game changing TE. He has all the tools but he just never seems to put them all together and he also drops a lot of passes. No one should say Watson is a terrible TE because that is foolish. He is an average to above average TE. The problem really is that the expectations were high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft