PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Ghost's kick good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Was Ghosts kick good?

Yes it was good. It's his fault for making it close enough to call bad but it was good. If a FG goes over the goalpost, all that is needed is for any part of the ball to go over the post.

We've got the technology. Stick two laser lights vertically extending up to the heavens and there will be no doubt if it's good or not.

m and m finally did say the obvious..what we were all wishing them to say for 5 min ! that he got both feet in ! before knee hit!

When they showed the replay with that yellow thing on each side of the posts to signify the goal posts extending into the air, the circle for where the ball was showed it as being good as far as I can tell as it was no where in the yellow.

Anyone else notice that?

According to NBC, it was good. Looked good to me as well, even before replay. I thought it was BS when they said no good.

I'm not sure why this is even a question. MNF had the technology to show it WAS good, and they showed it. How is this even up for debate? (That said, I agree that Gost's kick was inexcusably close to actually being no good. It's a 32-yarder, kid. Nail it down the center.)

Wow, that's clever. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that you didn't look at the very first thing you should be looking at when analyzing a catch/non-catch.*

[SIZE="1
Appaarently, we didn't see the same thing. Perhaps you are trying to give crdit to a foot that was down before the catch?? Point is, it was certainly worth a look, and the NFL didn't even give them that courtesy. BTW, did you see Barien's catch in Chicago? That was sweet. And justifiably, reviewed.

It looked close to me, what I want to know is where was this "technology" a few Sundays ago?? This kick, IMO, was a bit closer, but AV's wasn't that far off either.

What did you guys think of Gaffney's catch?? Looked like his shin (not knee) was down in bounds. Regardless, I was surprised they did not review that play. Must be some conspiracy or something.
Come on Ban Me. I just though of something. Your real name is Bill Polian isn't it! Madden recanted and agreed that he had his feet touch. Nice try, but wrongo. It wasn't even close enough to review. The ref was standing right there.....but then again, that hasn't made any difference lately.
Pats=Goodells' wrath
DW toys

The FG was good.

No replay needed on Gaffney. He got both FEET in. Doesn't matter that the knee/shin landed out of bounds since both feet touched down first.

excellent post....read it again doubters...the kick WAS goood, and so was Gaffney's td...

apparently madden forgot that if both feet are in, the knee doesnt matter

It was good. They showed it on the replay as good. Next question?

Appaarently, we didn't see the same thing. Perhaps you are trying to give crdit to a foot that was down before the catch??

Quit being an ass. Seriously. If you didn't see control + two feet down before his knee landed out of bounds, you shouldn't be talking football, period. Stop embarrassing yourself.

P.S. Go to NFL.com, click on "Week 12 Tom Brady Highlights" and go to about the 1:30 mark of the clip. Then come back and tell me why it should have been reviewed.

Come on Ban Me. I just though of something. Your real name is Bill Polian isn't it! Madden recanted and agreed that he had his feet touch. Nice try, but wrongo. It wasn't even close enough to review. The ref was standing right there.....but then again, that hasn't made any difference lately.
Pats=Goodells' wrath
DW toys
Not sure what Madden said, but I assume that he is credible in your eyes, in this instance, becasue he sided with the pats? SOP, right? The thing that I thought was funnier was when TB drew the defense off with his shoulder/arm/head move in the shot gun. I don't remember his exact words, but just the way he explained it, sounded like he could see where it was intentional (or a violation) but for some reason, it was ok. I liken that move to Utecht's of a few weeks back. In my eyes, he simulated a snap, should have been called. It was a different motion than we had seen on any other shot gun snap.

Not sure what Madden said, but I assume that he is credible in your eyes, in this instance, becasue he sided with the pats? SOP, right? The thing that I thought was funnier was when TB drew the defense off with his shoulder/arm/head move in the shot gun. I don't remember his exact words, but just the way he explained it, sounded like he could see where it was intentional (or a violation) but for some reason, it was ok. I liken that move to Utecht's of a few weeks back. In my eyes, he simulated a snap, should have been called. It was a different motion than we had seen on any other shot gun snap.

One is the QB, the other is set on the LOS. QB's get a lot more latitude, Peyton does that all the time. Seriously, you see no difference between a TE and QB on this? Please.

One is the QB, the other is set on the LOS. QB's get a lot more latitude, Peyton does that all the time. Seriously, you see no difference between a TE and QB on this? Please.

I understand there is a difference, but there is also a baseline for QB's as well. Unless that rule has been changed, I know PM has been flagged before (not often, maybe only once or twice), but if you get too much head movement (or other seemingly unnatural movements, flinches, etc.. it can be called. The parallel is drawn there, with the movement of the player versus what might be considered normal. I agree, Utecht's jerk was not a very good acting job, it was as if he was pulling up as a result of an actual snap. TB, last evening, didn't appraoch that movement on any other play except that one, it was obvious jerk/simulation of snap, whatever you want to call it.

On the FG, I thought it was funny as Michaels demonstrated the "new technology" that supposed to show whether a kick was good or not, it made it look as though it was good, which I guess it was. There was kind of an awkward silence at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft