PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waiver claims thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio Brown is back baby!

Sergio Brown has made it to PS. Beat you, Britpat!

EDIT: Guess I didn't. You must be refreshing your browser every 30 seconds.

Last edited:
A UDFA tackle, freshly converted from TE, is an interesting choice to say the least! It could be that they just want a 1-week look while they have Ojinnaka's spot open. But Maneri's certainly a good athlete with a good frame, and Texans messageboards think Houston hoped to keep him on their PS.

They like those converted TE to OT guys, like Tom Ashworth.

Yeah, but he seems really far away. The linked report has him at 265lbs?

Yep, listed at all of 272 on the Texans site. This sounds like a look-see move, with an eye toward keeping him on the Pats' PS rather than the Texans'.

If he was claimed, I believe he's got 3 weeks minimum.

That's if you sign the player off another team's PS. If you pick him up off waivers, you can cut him the next day at no cost.

Sergio Brown is back baby!

Very good news. Plays with intensity, and has the best dreadlocks on the most dread-ful team in the league. :)

Listed as a waiver claim. Not as a practice squad signing. Maneri would not be the 1st TE to OT conversion that the Pats have had. Tom Ashworth was one that I can remember off the top of my head.

images

Congrats to Sergio, love his hitting.

So someone's gotta go for Maneri to be on the team, I hope Slater or Morris/BJGE is out.

Very good news. Plays with intensity, and has the best dreadlocks on the most dread-ful team in the league. :)

I really like the look of him. Every now and again you see a player who you just know will make it - he's one.

A positive move. Great to see him back. Seems like a great fit

Yep, listed at all of 272 on the Texans site. This sounds like a look-see move, with an eye toward keeping him on the Pats' PS rather than the Texans'.

Which doesn't make any sense, because the Texans could then claim him off waivers again, and there's no exclusive signing period for the PS when you cut a player. . . .

Patriots? TE to LT?

Bruce Armstrong............

Dan LeFevour claimed by the Bengals after they cut J.T O'Sullivan. Wouldn't have minded seeing what he could do here, he ran a similar looking offense in College.

I fully expect us to claim a QB from somewhere.

Last edited:

Report just listed has Maneri at 290 now. So he's put on 25 lbs since his Pro-Day.

Bengals signed to practice squad: Chase Coffman, Otis Hudson, Clinton McDonald, Jeromy Miles, Rico Murray, Vincent Rey and Joe Tronzo

Chiefs practice squad: Garrett Brown, Dion Gales, Bobby Greenwood, Darryl Harris, Tyler Palko, Ricky Price, Verran Tucker, Pierre Walters

Which doesn't make any sense, because the Texans could then claim him off waivers again, and there's no exclusive signing period for the PS when you cut a player. . . .

Maybe they show him the nifty players' buffet and do a good sales job? :confused2:

It's hard to picture keeping a VERY developmental OT (who projects to OT only -- tall with super-long arms) on the 53 all year. But he is interesting. Was considered possibly the top blocking TE in the draft.

Bloody hell, I think we've brought back Crable!

Glad to see Sergio made it back to PS......he could be a nice addition on ST and DB with more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes