PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waiver claims thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely in contrast to previous years where late round picks almost never were claimed on waivers, the infamous, keep him because he wont make it to the practic squad.
Beginning to look like personell decision making has changed to the point where my claim that almost everyone makes it to the practice squad may no longer hold true.

It's worth remembering that this year's NFL draft class was miles better than any in recent memory. BB mentioned more than once that guys we took in the 6th and 7th rounds would've been taken as early as the 4th in previous years.

Robert Calloway joins the Lions' PS, Joique Bell returns to the Bills.

Titans have claimed Tim Shaw of da Bears.

DE/OLB Cyril Obiozor claimed by the #Cardinals

DE/OLB Cyril Obiozor claimed by the Cards apparently.

Never heard of the kid but knowing the Cards he's probably in the 6'3" 240lb region

Last edited:
It's worth remembering that this year's NFL draft class was miles better than any in recent memory. BB mentioned more than once that guys we took in the 6th and 7th rounds would've been taken as early as the 4th in previous years.
Sure, but its bad form to make excuse when admitting you are wrong.

Andre Brown claimed by the Broncos.

Never heard of the kid but knowing the Cards he's probably in the 6'3" 240lb region
6'4, 265, apparently.

Tampa Bay has claimed Packers RB Kregg Lumpkin

Hmm. That's odd because I keep reading about how badly the Pats have done by trading down in or out of recent drafts and stockpiling for this 09-10-11. It's almost as if we should now think he knew what he was doing ...

Not a bad guess ;)

Tampa Bay has claimed Packers RB Kregg Lumpkin

Any relation?

01.jpg

Andre? I'm drawing a blank, refresh my memory please.

Good lucking RB out of NC State, drafted in round 4 by the Giants the other year.

Graham Harrell back to the Packers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye