PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waiver claims thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DE Marcus Dixon @MarcusDixon92 has been claimed by the New York Jets

Marcus Dixon - DE - Claimed by the Jets.

Marcus Dixon, DE previously of the Cowboys, is off to the Jets.

Spencer Havner off to the Lions.

Vikings have Practice Squaded:
S Colt Anderson
G Thomas Austin
WR Freddie Brown
FB Ryan D’Imperio
DT Tremaine Johnson
WR Logan Payne
CB Marcus Sherels

One more spot to fill so I hear.

Steve Maneri who was claimed by the #Patriots... former Houston Texan .... apparently a T who is a former TE.

Last edited:
He's a former TE out of Temple for those wondering, we looked at him pre-Draft.

Steve Maneri OT claimed by Patriots.

Last edited:
To those who seem to think I'm making excuses, I honestly don't know what you're referring to. I'm simply pointing out that there may be more picking up of discarded rookies bc this draft had more viable, talented players in it.

Team captain as well as offseason conditioning award winner.

Steve Maneri OT claimed by Patriots.

A UDFA tackle, freshly converted from TE, is an interesting choice to say the least! It could be that they just want a 1-week look while they have Ojinnaka's spot open. But Maneri's certainly a good athlete with a good frame, and Texans messageboards think Houston hoped to keep him on their PS.

To those who seem to think I'm making excuses, I honestly don't know what you're referring to. I'm simply pointing out that there may be more picking up of discarded rookies bc this draft had more viable, talented players in it.
No I am saying that I didnt mention it in my post because my post was admitting I am wrong now about this topic, so I wasnt making excuses.

Interesting numbers from Maneri - before the draft, the most excellent Box of Rocks pointed out that our Linemen tend to have excellent agility numbers in the 3-cone and 20 yard short shuttle. For example, Vollmer posted 7.51 and 4.50 at his pro-day last year, Mankins posted 7.54 and 4.45 at the Combine in 2005, and Matt Light a fantastic looking 7.30 and 4.49 at the 2001 Combine.

Maneri posted 7.55 and 4.50.....

A UDFA tackle, freshly converted from TE, is an interesting choice to say the least! It could be that they just want a 1-week look while they have Ojinnaka's spot open. But Maneri's certainly a good athlete with a good frame, and Texans messageboards think Houston hoped to keep him on their PS.

If he was claimed, I believe he's got 3 weeks minimum. To the best of my knowledge, that didn't change for the uncapped season.

Odd. Did we get him off waivers to the 53, or for the practice squad?

Listed as a waiver claim. Not as a practice squad signing. Maneri would not be the 1st TE to OT conversion that the Pats have had. Tom Ashworth was one that I can remember off the top of my head.

Not sure, either way, I hope we look at him. Typical Pats QB in my eyes, very impressed by his body of work at Western Michigan.

He was my QB3 binky this year, too. Never saw Robinson as a remote fit.

Maneri's mantra is "Leadership is a skill".

Listed as a waiver claim. Not as a practice squad signing. Maneri would not be the 1st TE to OT conversion that the Pats have had. Tom Ashworth was one that I can remember off the top of my head.
Yeah, but he seems really far away. The linked report has him at 265lbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back