PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waddle re-signed, two years: answer at swing tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waddle was a very solid RT for the Lions in 2013. You're not going to find too many better swing tackles on this market, unless you want to take a flyer on Will Beatty having something left in the tank.

Given the state of the OL in 2015, Cannon isn't going anywhere until cut time.

Waddle was a very solid RT for the Lions in 2013. You're not going to find too many better swing tackles on this market, unless you want to take a flyer on Will Beatty having something left in the tank.

Given the state of the OL in 2015, Cannon isn't going anywhere until cut time.

I suppose the cut could happen earlier if someone else is signed, Fleming steps up in pre-season, or if the draftee to push Cannon out.

There is no reason to rush, other than to please fans.

There's another reason: to clear cap space in order to sign somebody who's actually good.

Not if Cannon has damaging pictures of Brady and BB kinda like Jake Beckett.o_O;)

I really don't want to see Cannon wearing a pats uniform next season.

Same here. Especially considering what cutting him before June 2 would save the Pats against the cap.

@captain stone, what in my post do you disagree with? This being a younger improvement over Cannon (which it is) or do you think they need to draft an OT still?

The pragmatist in me likes this signing as a good depth move.

The dyslexic in me hates this signing because I keep reading the thread title as "Weddle" and getting excited.

Every. Damn. Time.

Young OTs with staying experience are hard to find so this move is a big deal to me. Scar will do his thing on him. Obviously a younger improvement on Cannon, and minimizes the need to draft an OT too.

@captain stone, what in my post do you disagree with? This being a younger improvement over Cannon (which it is) or do you think they need to draft an OT still?

Re-signing TheAdrian Waddle does nothing whatsoever to minimize the urgent need t0 draft an OT,
especially a LT.
Is he a younger (and cheaper) improvement on Cannonfodder? Probably, but that's still not saying much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back