Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanvamp

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Very tough question
don't cliffhanger thread titles suck?

Which would you prefer to happen:

1. Important players on other teams get wrongly suspended/screwed by Goodell, as a way of shoving it up their ass because they wanted Brady to be suspended for nothing.

Or

2. These players to "win" so that Kommissar Goodell gets a much-deserved kick in the teeth.

I honestly am torn.

Note: this was posted on a phone and have no idea how to put in a poll. Can a mod do that for me?

These players to "win" so that Kommissar Goodell gets a much-deserved kick in the teeth.

This.

Easy question for me. It's much better to have the wrong corrected than it is to continually see people getting shafted by the wrong.

I want scorched earth and every other team to feel the BS we went through. Then the players will be more likely to stand up to the owners next round of negotiations.

as we saw from the last 4 that were about to be suspended for nothing, they bent over backwards for GODell to make sure they play and stay out of the reign of the evil NFL.

as we saw from the last 4 that were about to be suspended for nothing, they bent over backwards for GODell to make sure they play and stay out of the reign of the evil NFL.

They bent over backwards? Umm. No, they didn't. In fact, Harrison got HIS way by demanding that the interview take place at the time and place of his choosing.. The time is AFTER Goodell's date for them to have the interview and it's at the Steelers' facilities, not in NY like Goodell wanted.

They bent over backwards? Umm. No, they didn't. In fact, Harrison got HIS way by demanding that the interview take place at the time and place of his choosing.. The time is AFTER Goodell's date for them to have the interview and it's at the Steelers' facilities, not in NY like Goodell wanted.

And the others?

I heard he asked for that. Didn't know he got it.

Last edited:
1. Important players on other teams get wrongly suspended/screwed by Goodell, as a way of shoving it up their ass because they wanted Brady to be suspended for nothing.

This.

It's the only way these owners, fans and players will learn. The more wrongly suspended/screwjobs by Goodell, the more it lessens the general public/fan's perception of credibility behind big ordeals like deflategate.

If he gets "beat" by these players in your scenarion #2, they'll just be viewed as innocent, while Brady/Patriots are still viewed as guilty for losing their battle.

I want scorched earth and every other team to feel the BS we went through. Then the players will be more likely to stand up to the owners next round of negotiations.
Me too. I want to watch the world burn everywhere outside of New England and Goody to get reemed by a freight train in the process

Roger "I bleed green and white and not just because I have the clap" goddell has been, is and will always be a jerk and a joke.

Our job is to learn to deal with it,

And the others?

I heard he asked for that. Didn't know he got it.

Details on the others haven't been released, so how can one damn them one way or the other??

Do we know that Goodell accepted these terms?

jacknicholson2.gif

What needs to happen is that at the next meeting the players need to fight to be sure the commissioner does not have the control he does but at the same time not cave in to make him give up what he should not have.

If they need to go on strike so be it but this is a line in the sand and you need to say "before negotiations 46 is immediately off the table. from that point on we start negotiating".

If the NFL is unwilling then at that point the players walk away and refuse to play a game ever again until it is off the table as a prerequisite.

Um, okay, so Harrison now gets an automatic four-game suspension for failure to cooperate and damaging the integrity of the game, right?

What needs to happen is that at the next meeting the players need to fight to be sure the commissioner does not have the control he does but at the same time not cave in to make him give up what he should not have.

If they need to go on strike so be it but this is a line in the sand and you need to say "before negotiations 46 is immediately off the table. from that point on we start negotiating".

If the NFL is unwilling then at that point the players walk away and refuse to play a game ever again until it is off the table as a prerequisite.
They've always disliked Roger, but they a) don't have the spine to stand up to him & the league, and b) loudly chimed in on the anti-Patriots jihad bandwagon, approving of his actions against Brady and condoning and agreeing that Brady is "guilty." Basically, they hate Brady and the Pats more than Goodell. They'll keep things the same and follow Chris Carter's advice: Don't get caught...but if you do, you don't have to worry that much because you're not on the Patriots.

Roger "I bleed green and white and not just because I have the clap" goddell has been, is and will always be a jerk and a joke.

Our job is to learn to deal with it,
Are he and Art Skov related?

Very tough question
don't cliffhanger thread titles suck?

Which would you prefer to happen:

Or

2. These players to "win" so that Kommissar Goodell gets a much-deserved kick in the teeth.

I honestly am torn.

Note: this was posted on a phone and have no idea how to put in a poll. Can a mod do that for me?

Goodell to head to his office to wrongly prosecute them, then falling down an open manhole cover to the sewage system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft