PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Elliot suspension back on

According to idiot cowgirls fans. The Brady case is different. Brady destroyed his phone... lol ****ing idiots should read the wells report.
And I blame that scumbag Goodell for putting that ******** out there. He did a great job in masterminding his smear campaign. I can’t even blame the opposing fanbases for some of it, because Goodell was so good at accomplishing his goal.

He cut a guy who was a victim of identity theft/ mistaken identity when someone used the players name when arrested and didn't relent when the mistake was discovered!!!!!
Again, not really meaning to defend the douche that is Jerry Jones because the thought disgusts me, but it seems as though Lucky Whitehead was already on borrowed time and that he had some character issues that the coaching staff didn’t care for.

I think guys like WR Brice Butler and the little punt returner/Cole Beasley clone they drafted helped to make him expendable, too.

No, the prosecutor felt he would have a difficult time getting a conviction. That's hardly the same thing.
No, it’s pretty much how the criminal justice system has worked for years in our country. Actually, it’s exactly how it works. There was a lack of evidence, conflicting stories, witnesses who had claimed that Elliot was with them at the time, and a high probability that the offending woman was lying about various issues, which is why there weren’t charges brought forth in the first place.

And what about the NFL’s year long investigation that suggested no punishment? That’s a two-layer process where both suggested a lack of evidence. What else do you want? Seriously? Goodell shouldn’t be able to override all of that and do what he wants, anyway. Plus, all he’s doing is bringing negative attention to the process, which will certainly force it to change in the future. For someone on a power trip, he’s a moron for abusing it in front of the world on various occasions, as blatantly as he has.

Last edited:
you mean I'm INNOCENT? way to go Supa!!!

And I blame that scumbag Goodell for putting that ******** out there. He did a great job in masterminding his smear campaign. I can’t even blame the opposing fanbases for some of it, because Goodell was so good at accomplishing his goal.

The fuhrer's propaganda machine is good, yes. But it takes a compliant fan base to do that. And there's all too many jealous haters to just believe whatever the NYJFL* put out there.

The fuhrer's propaganda machine is good, yes. But it takes a compliant fan base to do that. And there's all too many jealous haters to just believe whatever the NYJFL* put out there.
Sure, no doubt. Opposing fanbases salivate at the thought of any wrongdoing coming out of Foxborough for obvious reasons, but Goodell planted the seed for the majority of even the most casual followers of football as it pertains to Brady and the broken phone situation. He was able to get out in front of that right before announcing his decision to uphold the suspension, IIRC.

I know I’m in the minority for not caring as much about Jerry Jones etc, but what Goodell is doing here is on par to suspending Julian Edelman for his “alleged” sexual abuse in the bar that night—after Edelman was cleared of the charges. I mean, it’s not the exact same of course, but it’s certainly in the ballpark.

Obviously, I hate the thought of another man hurting a woman. I used to watch my parents go at it when I was a kid and it was disturbing to say the least, but if police and prosecutors didn’t feel there was enough to bring forth charges then that should be the end of it. Also, the NFL even had a second layer of protection and their own (very thorough) investigations didn’t recommend punishment. What the hell?

What Goodell should’ve done was suspend him for a couple of games for conduct detrimental to the game, as there was clear proof of his douchebaggery during the St.Patty’s day parade. I’m on team Elliot, here. The Goodell power trip has to stop. This is ridiculous.
The rules have changed drastically since the Edelman "incident" happened, regarding domestic violence, behavior unbecoming...etc...

Zeke has already shown (after the fact), on film, such things.

But the biggest thing here is the hypocrisy of Jerruh,... and the whole media, for that matter.

I mean, how often did you hear, in the media, about "Defamation, suing goodell..." during BS gate.

Kraft rolled over.
Jerruh isn't.

Goodell is wrong, but the current CBA must be consistent.
And Jerruh has to take it, just like he recommended during "BS gate".

I want Jerruh to eat his words, and "Take his medicine" from the "Fair commissioner"

The rules have changed drastically since the Edelman "incident" happened, regarding domestic violence, behavior unbecoming...etc...

Zeke has already shown (after the fact), on film, such things.

But the biggest thing here is the hypocrisy of Jerruh,... and the whole media, for that matter.

I mean, how often did you hear, in the media, about "Defamation, suing goodell..." during BS gate.

Kraft rolled over.
Jerruh isn't.

Goodell is wrong, but the current CBA must be consistent.
And Jerruh has to take it, just like he recommended during "BS gate".

I want Jerruh to eat his words, and "Take his medicine" from the "Fair commissioner"
I realize that the initial, popular reaction will be to want to see another team punished unfairly, just as our team was. I totally get that, especially with Jones choosing to side with the other 31 owners instead of placing himself on the island with Bob Kraft.

I just think it’s just as wrong for the game (and for our own specific controversy regarding deflategate) to see Goodell and his “make it up as you go” process prevail yet again. The more this drags out and the messier it gets, the more the average moron should realize that N.England may have been railroaded and that Goodell and his “process” are very flawed. Maybe I’m just fantasizing, though.

No, it’s pretty much how the criminal justice system has worked for years in our country. Actually, it’s exactly how it works. There was a lack of evidence, conflicting stories, witnesses who had claimed that Elliot was with them at the time, and a high probability that the offending woman was lying about various issues, which is why there weren’t charges brought forth in the first place.

And what about the NFL’s year long investigation that suggested no punishment? That’s a two-layer process where both suggested a lack of evidence. What else do you want? Seriously? Goodell shouldn’t be able to override all of that and do what he wants, anyway. Plus, all he’s doing is bringing negative attention to the process, which will certainly force it to change in the future. For someone on a power trip, he’s a moron for abusing it in front of the world on various occasions, as blatantly as he has.
The point is, the prosecutor did not feel that the incident didn't take place, he felt that he would have difficulty getting a conviction in court.

The prosecutor examined the case thoroughly and didn’t feel as though it was worth pursuing, and even the NFL’s own investigations dept recommended that there shouldn’t be a punishment.

The point is, the prosecutor did not feel that the incident didn't take place, he felt that he would have difficulty getting a conviction in court.
I never claimed that the incident did/didn’t take place. I pretty much said exactly what you did. The prosecutor examined the evidence and did not feel as though there was a case. A lot of that was due to lack of proof, conflicting stories and timelines, and the belief that the accused may have been lying/embellishing her story.

Also, you keep ignoring the fact that the NFL has its own investigations team who came to the conclusion that a punishment was not warranted. To me, that’s even more important. It’s why the system is in place to begin with. For Goodell to completely ignore that is even more proof that he makes it up as he sees fit.

Also, you keep ignoring the fact that the NFL has its own investigations team who came to the conclusion that a punishment was not warranted. To me, that’s even more important. It’s why the system is in place. For Goodell to completely ignore that is even more proof that he makes it up as he sees fit.

hmmmm... a system, eh? oh...right...I forgot...

kangaroo-court-1.jpg

hmmmm... a system, eh? oh...right...I forgot...

kangaroo-court-1.jpg
Yes, part of their system is to make up new rules as they go, which I think is one of the biggest issues. Even in the Wells report which they basically fudged, he still sounds very unsure of what happened using terms like:

“May have been”
“Generally aware”
“Possible deflation scheme”
“More probable than not”

And of course, there’s also the paragraph in his summary that seems like it’s written to exonerate them, but Goodell simply twists it as proof.

Like I said before, no one’s sticking up for a woman beater, but this process has been insanely flawed from the beginning and it seems as though it’s only getting worse. Even the legal experts are having some difficulty keeping up. What he should’ve done was given Elliot a harsh penalty for pulling the woman’s top down, since there was plenty of evidence. He reasonably could’ve gotten away with 4 games without much controversy, but the moron chose to (once again) drag the NFL, its followers and its sponsors through this ridiculousness.

I realize that the initial, popular reaction will be to want to see another team punished unfairly, just as our team was. I totally get that, especially with Jones choosing to side with the other 31 owners instead of placing himself on the island with Bob Kraft.

I just think it’s just as wrong for the game (and for our own specific controversy regarding deflategate) to see Goodell and his “make it up as you go” process prevail yet again. The more this drags out and the messier it gets, the more the average moron should realize that N.England may have been railroaded and that Goodell and his “process” are very flawed. Maybe I’m just fantasizing, though.

That's a great point and one that I hadn't thought of. It would be better to expose Fraudger and the process than Jerruh. We already know he's a ****. It would also help show the unfairness of the treatment of Brady. I'm all in.

That's a great point and one that I hadn't thought of. It would be better to expose Fraudger and the process than Jerruh. We already know he's a ****. It would also help show the unfairness of the treatment of Brady. I'm all in.
Yeah, I get that the first reaction is “screw Jerry,” but that’s small potatoes when compared to the big picture that is Roger Goodell digging himself an even deeper ditch, especially with some actual chatter about legal action being taken (a popular thought that never came close to happening, here), as well as some grumbling about opposition to a contract renewal (again, something that was nothing more than a fantasy during our unfortunate saga). Ratings are down, sponsors are pulling out, and you need a law degree to follow one of the highest profile teams in the NFL—again...

In other words, there’s reason to believe that we may actually be seeing some cracks in the Goodell foundation, and all anyone can think of are some petty yet terribly predictable comments that another owner said?

Yeah, I get that the first reaction is “screw Jerry,” but that’s small potatoes when compared to the big picture that is Roger Goodell digging himself an even deeper ditch, especially with some actual chatter about legal action being taken (a popular thought that never came close to happening, here), as well as some grumbling about opposition to a contract renewal (again, something that was nothing more than a fantasy during our unfortunate saga). Ratings are down, sponsors are pulling out, and you need a law degree to follow one of the highest profile teams in the NFL—again...

In other words, there’s reason to believe that we may actually be seeing some cracks in the Goodell foundation, and all anyone can think of are some petty yet terribly predictable comments that another owner said?

I remember a large part of the argument during the Brady witch hunt was the idea that Kraft couldn't sue the league. Apparently, Jerruh doesn't agree.

Don’t know how anyone can keep up with this situation. On again, off again. On, off, on, off, back on. This is making the NFL look ridiculous.

I don’t like how other owners commented on deflate gate either, but this is total ********. The prosecutor examined the case thoroughly and didn’t feel as though it was worth pursuing, and even the NFL’s own investigations dept recommended that there shouldn’t be a punishment.

All Goodell is doing is showing his abuse of power, which will almost certainly result in major problems and even a potential strike during the upcoming CBA negotiations.

d8583d39b2a628c5f79f593665c0a271--old-cartoons-this-man.jpg

I remember a large part of the argument during the Brady witch hunt was the idea that Kraft couldn't sue the league. Apparently, Jerruh doesn't agree.

That was always a joke wasn't it? I think it was all about winning the lawsuit (or even getting it to ultimate adjudication) being the dicey part.
Kraft didn't go nuclear, Jones might. IDFC how it proceeds as long as it ends in Goodell being sent packing. His contract is up in a year. To re-up Goodell will be a travesty. If it takes entitled nitwit Jones to be the catalyst tonot re-up it? I can live with that...

I agree, they should have given him 1 game for the St Patrick's incident and put him on warning. I remember the Edelman thing and if it were not for the video, he would have been permanently smeared.

And that would include a whole lot of smearing from this very board. For some here all they need was the story from the highly trustworthy media. Jules was tried, convicted and jail time being suggested all before sundown. The whole thing was an exercise for people to learn why people(others) get boned by the "justice system" (especially those with extremely limited means for defense: those in the ghetto, barrio, trailer park would be the un-PC terms used for those that are likeliest to get boned by the public's extremely swift and completely righteous pursuit of "justice" and how that ends up morphing the "justice system" into a "PR-knee jerk-get convictions-I don't like this person-system" ).

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back