PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I find this to be very odd…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. He does the bidding of the owners who are, by and large, scumlords themselves. They don't care about the fact that he's completely saturating the game as long as that cash money keeps on a rollin' in, baby. That's why it shocks me to a degree. Many of the owners are pretty astute businessmen and yet they aren't forecasting the future of the league. Saturation is never a good thing and no institution or corporation is infallible. Eventually people will get tired of the crap and will bail out and the owners will lose money hand over fist. Maybe they see this and just don't care. Not sure. But it is bewildering.
I do not necessarily disagree with you but what is totally baffling to me is, all of the other owners in professional sports are out for the money first and foremost too. Yet they have commissioners who are not absolute lying D-bags who screw everything up to a fare-there-well.

Why the hell should he get a "hefty departure check" when he's amazingly overpaid to begin with? I think they should kick his ass out the door with a steel-toed boot. But that's just me ...
Face it. Like Art Skov in the NHL, Goodell is headed for the HOF. The owners adore him. They 100% openly endorse, approve and love what he has led his minions to perpetrate against the Patriots. Could be a large dose of anti-Semitism there, but MOSTLY, they love to kick the Patriots around, and the recent on-field success dictated the discrediting campaign. Racism is alive and well in the 1%, and there are lots of Marge Schotts out there.

th

Racism? Last time I checked the Krafts were Caucasian...

Racism? Last time I checked the Krafts were Caucasian...
Believe it or not, "white people" have quite a few separate and distinct races within their ranks, many of whom have been victims of one form or another of hate over the span of history.

Believe it or not, "white people" have quite a few separate and distinct races within their ranks, many of whom have been victims of one form or another of hate over the span of history.
Agreed. My point was that the poster's suggestion that the Krafts have been discriminated against because of their Jewish nationality constitutes racism. It doesn't. Since people of Jewish extraction are members of the white (Caucasian) race, discrimination against them by other Caucasians isn't racism. Rather, it's bigotry.

I do not necessarily disagree with you but what is totally baffling to me is, all of the other owners in professional sports are out for the money first and foremost too. Yet they have commissioners who are not absolute lying D-bags who screw everything up to a fare-there-well.
Why can't the NFL Players' Union get somebody with balls and a brain to lead them?

They tried striking twice, and it's led to nothing.

The owners have and will continue to be bloated, greedy, selfish morons with zero interest in the good of the sport, the players, the fans, or people in general. Like Mr. Potter in IAWL, the last thing they care about is what people think of them.

Agreed. My point was that the poster's suggestion that the Krafts have been discriminated against because of their Jewish nationality constitutes racism. It doesn't. Since people of Jewish extraction are members of the white (Caucasian) race, discrimination against them by other Caucasians isn't racism. Rather, it's bigotry.
Thanks...

He's not a murderer; he's an assassin

Thanks...

He's not a murderer; he's an assassin
By definition, an assassin is a person who slays someone who is famous, whereas a murderer is a someone who slays another human regardless of her/his fame. Just sayin'... Nah, forget it, I'm coming off as a douche...

By definition, an assassin is a person who slays someone who is famous, whereas a murderer is a someone who slays another human regardless of her/his fame. Just sayin'...
Of course you're right.

What I said was grammatically and technically incorrect.

In both examples, I personally make no distinction between the two in terms of malevolence.

It's all good. I was just messing around. I suppose you were technically correct, lol.

It's all good. I was just messing around. I suppose you were technically correct, lol.
Nah, no problem. Sometimes on Saturday nights I morph into my dink mode...

Hell, I'd take Homer Simpson.

edf3653f14a3c862723663facc98227f.jpg
Seriously, he'd make some incompetent decisions to start but certainly not malevolent or malicious; and eventually Marge would help set him straight, so yes he would be a good one...

This whole thing about Goodell making them money is nonsense. The NFL is growing in popularity DESPITE Goodell. They could have an empty bottle of soda pop or can of motor oil as the commissioner and they'd be making the same amount of money, and probably MORE.

As for him "taking the heat"??? There doesn't need to BE heat. Why is there so much drama surrounding football when there doesn't need to be ANY??? This isn't Real Housewives of Beverly Hills or Orange County.

I am absolutely POSITIVE the empty can of motor oil would have higher favorability ratings across the board with none of the nonsense and none of the heat, yet the same or better in money/growth.

No way I'm watching this league if Quaker State or Pennzoil cans become Commissioner, they are total Steelers honks

Why the hell should he get a "hefty departure check" when he's amazingly overpaid to begin with? I think they should kick his ass out the door with a steel-toed boot. But that's just me ...
Because that is the way it is in "big business". When big time execs are literally forced out, they all seem to get to go with a golden handshake. That will be the price to get him to go. Otherwise, I doubt there will be a football season in 2021

Because that is the way it is in "big business". When big time execs are literally forced out, they all seem to get to go with a golden handshake. That will be the price to get him to go. Otherwise, I doubt there will be a football season in 2021

The players don't care who the commissioner is as long as they get paid. Remember all those players that came out in support of Brady and against the unfair Commissioner? Because I don't.

Yes, I know "that is the way it is in Big Business." I just don't buy the idea of it being justified in Goodell's case. Last I saw his contract expires after 2018, they can replace him then. The jagoff has made $30-plus million a year for about 10 years now, I don't see any need for sending him off with a freaking "golden handshake" unless they break his contract. Why do you consider his presence so vital to a new CBA? Can't someone else do it? I'd almost rather not have a season than see that f*ckup walk away with more tens of millions.

Last edited:
If they force him out now, they have to honor the balance of his contract which no doubt contains a guaranteed portion plus a portion which relies on league revenues.

However, IIRC, his contract expires in 2018 and if they let him go then, they likely won't owe him a thing (or will only owe a very small predetermined amount of deferred salary.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes