PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ** Updated: Walsh now meeting with Goodell

"did they use it during the game? it may never be answered." -schlereth

it was literally answered 15 minutes ago

hahahahaha. Wingo was just talking about how Walsh could only think of one other team that was doing this, which he then inferred meant that we were probably the only team to do it, which he then connected to our unprecedented run of success. He ignored the obvious fact that Walsh only worked for us, so it would stand to reason he'd know more about us than about other teams. Interview all of their video guys and we'd get a different story. Guaranteed.

good stuff from clayton right now. i like that he brought up the 49ers and salary cap issues

Still a little negated by Schefter coming on and maintaining that there is still a question of just how much of a competitive advantage was gained, despite the fact that Goodell has said numerous times now that there wasn't any and that teams take all the necessary precautions to guard against stealing signals because it is legal to do so.

Just a little funny that Trey Wingo (of ESPN fame) is defending the right of anyone to interpret this situation when they were lampooning Belichick for his interpretation of the rule against taping because they felt there was little room to do so. Seems to me "There was no competitive advantage" is more concrete than the memo that was released in '06.

From Fox sports for what its worth.

"The most scandalous part of the tapes shown had nothing to do with stealing signals - it was several minutes of close-ups of San Diego Chargers cheerleaders performing during a 2002 game."

This is false. The rule didn't change in 2006. A memo was sent out to emphasize to teams to stop taping from the sidelines and reminding them that there were only specific places that teams could tape from.

According to an email reply I got from Mike Reiss during the SB, the RULE has been in there for ages. Its not new.

What Mike's reply told me, indirectly, was that it was similar to the chuck rule. That the rule about taping from the sidelines has been there for a long time, but its just not been enforced. Just like with the chuck rule where the Officials were lax in calling it.

News to me. TY.

1. Did you not see me call ESPN embarassing? When objectivity comes off to you as trolling, you might wanna look in the mirror.

Please don't give me the "objectivity" crap. By no means was that your position

2. Of course not. And if you believe the things Walsh says that help the Patriots, and don't believe the things that hurt them, I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Try not to be more ridiculous than necessary. If my opponent concedes a point in my favor, I'm free to use that while still arguing against his other positions. There's nothing inconsistent about that. If you accuse me of stealing your wallet and keys, and later admit that you found your wallet in your room, I don't have to admit that I stole your keys just because I note that you admitted I didn't steal your wallet.

3. I don't know why this is in response to me, I don't disagree with any of that.

And, yet, you felt the need to make your smart-ass posts insulting the people who post here anyway.

So your comment about buying a certain bridge wasn't a dig....whatever.

Your argument is flawed. The Patriots did defend themselves. The coach stated he believed he was working within his interpreatation of a rule. He was ruled in violation of that rule and he and the team have paid. He also stated that the tapes were only for use after a game and that he's never had a practice taped. This is the heart of what all the media people are claiming gave the Patriots such a huge advantage. The team has denied it. What do you think they should do....deny it twice a day....five times a day....100 times a day? Take ads out in the New York Times? Hold a live televised debate with Arlen Specter? Any further attention the team gives this huge dung pile of a story will just make it that much bigger of a pile.

the bridge story was trying to find as nice a way as i could to call someone naive, but maybe i just should have said so and i'll concede your point.

as for the rest, we just disagree. i believe that this story wouldn't have spun out of control if the pats had taken a more aggressive stance with the media starting in september. my view is that we have won the final round in the offices of the nfl, but we've lost in the eyes of the public outside of New England and this board. others might disagree or not think that's important, and that's ok. we can see the same thing differently. but, that's how i see it.

O.k., I am trying to keep up with this thread but it is moving faster than I can read......:rolleyes:

Can someone give the me the jist of what came out of the meeting this morning?

Richard

Oh God, Walsh saw something at the practice and told the receivers coach. Here we go. I'm sure the gameplan revolved around "Marshall Faulk was lined up in a kick formation."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24584682/

"The most scandalous part of the tapes shown had nothing to do with stealing signals — it was several minutes of close-ups of San Diego Chargers cheerleaders performing during a 2002 game."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

O.k., I am trying to keep up with this thread but it is moving faster than I can read......:rolleyes:

Richard

Get on the Globe web site.

Try not to be more ridiculous than necessary. If my opponent concedes a point in my favor, I'm free to use that while still arguing against his other positions.

These aren't "positions" though. We're talking about information Matt Walsh provided based on his personal experience within the Patriots organization. Unless you have a specific reason to doubt some things and believe others, then you're just believing what you want.

Oh God, Walsh saw something at the practice and told the receivers coach. Here we go. I'm sure the gameplan revolved around "Marshall Faulk was lined up in a kick formation."

Yeah, the coach was Brian Daboll. That doesn't reflect well on him, or his employer, the New York Jets.

I believe the technical term is jack-s#!t. :)

Wingo basically stated you either think this is a Federal crime or you're a fanboy. Brilliant. Felger is a tool, too.

Get on the Globe web site.

I'm at work trying to keep up but the thread is progressing faster than I can keep up. Do you have a link for the Globe website?

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents