PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UPDATE: Dion Lewis has been IR'd with torn ACL, and will be out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how I feel about Ray Rice...Dion Lewis 2.0.

Wait BB talked about rice today?

Anyone have a link

I doubt Rice is in any kind of football shape anyway.

It wouldn't take him long to get up to speed plus he would have fresh legs. None of our current RB's could carry his jock strap!

If we were choosing dri archer or Ray Rice?

If we were to sign Rice then we are no better than Jerry Jones. Is that acceptable to you?

Doing what's best for the team is very acceptable to me.

Although as I previously stated, I'm not sure if signing Rice would be best for the team. I will trust Belichick to make that decision.

If we were to sign Rice then we are no better than Jerry Jones. Is that acceptable to you?

You think Kraft and Jerry Jones care about the fans feelings? Then you are delusional its all about the $$$ and hoisting a Lombardi.

If there is one place on this planet that can re-establish Ray Rice's career in the NFL and earn a sliver of professional (not personal) respect.....

With that said I am not supporting his signing. It's too big of an issue for me to compromise over. Staying on my high horse for now.

If BB was indeed throwing praise on him.

Yikes, if this is true, I trust BB.

Didn't Corey Dillon have domestic violence issues, or am I remembering something wrong? I kind of thought he did.

Yikes, if this is true, I trust BB.

Didn't Corey Dillon have domestic violence issues, or am I remembering something wrong? I kind of thought he did.
He sure did. He assaulted his wife twice before coming to New England.

He sure did. He assaulted his wife twice before coming to New England.

See, that's what I thought. This would not be OOC with BB and as I recall, Dillon was a choirboy while here and we all loved him to pieces.

Winning will do that. And Rice doesn't seem to be nearly as unrepentant and frankly psychotic as Hardy.

I dunno. This could happen.

I am all for forgiveness and his wife seems to have forgiven rice so I have no problems signing him. The difference, if we do, between the Cowboys and their owner and us is they encourage the bad behavior while we would support his domestic rehabilitation. If he still has game and still on the path of improvement then.. Do what is best for the team. That said I like bolden, white and Blount and don't think we need to bring in a replacement.

The Patriots traded for Corey Dilllon way back in 2004. If this is where you draw the line, then unfortunately that ship sailed a long time ago. Not to mention we signed Donte Stallworth after he drove (technically) drunk and killed someone.

And FWIW, there's a pretty big difference between Rice and Hardy. Rice has demonstrated contrition, both in what he's said and what he's done. Sure, it may be a PR gimmick, but we don't really know. I prefer to assume the best in people, and think it's at least plausible that his life falling apart over the past year-plus has led to some actual perspective. Hardy has shown no remorse at all.

By the way: Terrell Suggs, Adrian Peterson, Aldon Smith, Justin Hunter, Sheldon Richardson, D'Qwell Jackson, Junior Galette, Marcell Dareus, Henry Melton, Daryl Washington, and many more are all currently employed by NFL teams. The selective outrage that people have for Rice and Hardy while ignoring the many, many other criminally violent NFL players seems very weird to me. If they're still allowed to play in the NFL, then Rice should be too. And if the thought of a bad, violent person wearing your team's jersey offends you to the point that you can't come to terms with it, then football may not be the sport for you (and I say that with no judgment - that's a perfectly valid reason to be turned away from the sport).

Last edited:
I mean, he probably was just pointing out how highly he thought of Dion Lewis, right? But now somehow BB, notoriously tight-lipped and conservative with what he shares with the media, was actually priming the region psychologically to be ready for a Ray Rice signing. Got it.

EDIT: To the point that the moral hand-wringing has already begun on this board.

At this point, I'd be fine with the Pats signing Rice if they see enough in workouts to think he's not washed up. It's been almost 2 years, he seems genuinely remorseful, and even if he's not I got over the fairy tale notion that I'm rooting for 53 good people years ago. We unwittingly rooted for a serial killer for a few years, if anything's going to knock that notion right out of you, that's it.

If we made a list of the players who are still in the NFL after committing equally as bad or worse acts than Rice, it would be very, very, very long. Only difference is Rice was caught on video. The biggest downside to signing Rice at this point is the PC hysteria machine kicking into overdrive and smearing the hell out of the Pats, which is what they've been doing for the past 9 months anyway so even that would be nothing new.
Well said. Rice has gone above and beyond in regards to trying to make up for his mistake. He's done a ton to help raise awareness for domestic violence... Further, although what he did was very wrong, it was at least an isolated incident that he's doing everything in his power to get past. I don't think that's lost on BB.

As far as the "circus" element is concerned, it's been a circus here since last January anyway, so what difference is it really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes