PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unsung hero this year. My pick Lawrence Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Defensive game plans were great, but it wasn't long ago that teams were running up the gut at will and Shelton was a healthy scratch multiple times. Shelton showed up yesterday and Brown played, but Brown was often invisible this year, certainly didn't emerge when Shelton was out.

Game after game, Guy was our best tackle.

Your pick?

James Develin for his flexibility. He caught passes,blocked opponents and protected Brady many times and scored TDs. He was so productive all season long doing his "invisible" job.

Guy had a really good year.

Dorsett
dropped what ? One pass when he was thrown to including that circus catch TD against Miami and the one he got PI'd on against the Chiefs in the AFCCG.

Thuney might also fit the bill. Iron man on the OL and held his most of the year.

KVN doesn't fit the thread anymore because at this point people stopped to underrate him. Develin might fall into a similar category by now.

The pickup of McClellan was pretty huge to stabilize ST after a shaky start in the season.

James Develin for his flexibility. He caught passes,blocked opponents and protected Brady many times and scored TDs. He was so productive all season long doing his "invisible" job.

I was just thinking about this during the game, he has been making some great blocks, he has to be the best full back in the game atm. This position has been quickly forgotten.

Dorsett
dropped what ? One pass when he was thrown to including that circus catch TD against Miami and the one he got PI'd on against the Chiefs in the AFCCG.

Thuney might also fit the bill. Iron man on the OL and held his most of the year.

KVN doesn't fit the thread anymore because at this point people stopped to underrate him. Develin might fall into a similar category by now.

The pickup of McClellan was pretty huge to stabilize ST after a shaky start in the season.

Dorsett does not seem to have the confidence of Brady, I wonder why? Is he not making the right decisions?

Dorsett does not seem to have the confidence of Brady, I wonder why? Is he not making the right decisions?

I don't think there is any confidence issue at all. Otherwise Brady would have not heaved up the 50/50 ball in the AFCCG game to him.

We are simply not playing that many 3 WR sets and he is behind Hogan and Edelman. Why he is behind Hogan I guess only people who have access to practices can tell. My hunch is that they see Hogan as more versatile which opens up the available concepts a lot. We use Dorsett usually only on the same 2-3 plays.

I don't think there is any confidence issue at all. Otherwise Brady would have not heaved up the 50/50 ball in the AFCCG game to him.

We are simply not playing that many 3 WR sets and he is behind Hogan and Edelman. Why he is behind Hogan I guess only people who have access to practices can tell. My hunch is that they see Hogan as more versatile which opens up the available concepts a lot. We use Dorsett usually only on the same 2-3 plays.

Well, he is not often thrown to and we are hardly stacked at WR behind Edelman. It's often said the Pats don't have that guy who can stretch the field, yet Dorsett is very fast. If he's hardly used now, what happens when we stock up at WR?

Has to be No 46 for me, a virtual tank all season, Hats off to that Beast of a football player.

Dorsett

McClellan and to a lesser extent Humber completely changed the season. Our ST unit went back to normal (best in the league) almost immediately.

I would add Andrews as well. Sure it helps having two good guards to book end him, but for a guy whose knock has always been size, you’d think he’d get beat more often by good DTs. Also, zero bad snaps all year that I can recall. Another UDFA success story.

I suspect it has to do with blocking.

I totally agree with the Guy selection. PFF and all, but they're doing their top-100 of 2018 and Guy's 83rd (D. McCourty is 93rd).

(As far as DTs:)

Guy for sure. Wise is a solid piece here going forward to, he's shown enough to make me believe he will keep getting better.

I don't really trust Brown or Shelton going forward (especially coming off of a super bowl win & a new contract), but BB knows what he is doing.

Other positions:
-Really the entire OL, but I think they get a lot of praise. Agree on Thuney especially.
-Devlin is a monster
-Dorsett's ability to not play much and then make huge plays when called upon
-Cord, injecting a lot of offense when we needed it most & when RBs were hurt.

JC Jackson. Having the lower echelons of our secondary depth be up to their tasks in coverage allows the team to play far more aggressively, and Jackson has been an impressive depth DB.

Honestly, the entire O-line. They allowed 1 sack against three of the best D-lines in football. Additionally, the Pats ran the ball effectively as well.

I suspect it has to do with blocking.

I totally agree with the Guy selection. PFF and all, but they're doing their top-100 of 2018 and Guy's 83rd (D. McCourty is 93rd).

Now that you mention it relatively speaking DMac might be underrated here. People see his contract and positional designation and are disappointed that he as not as many highlight plays as other safeties. When in reality he has played out of place all over the field through the season enabling them to be very versatile with the same personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back