PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unfair pressure being placed on Chad Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I still think its a psychological game to motivate the kid, not simply because they want to, but because they NEED to have him more productive going into the playoffs.

Probably just a friendly public reminder from his teammate that when he's finally healthy enough to compete, not to screw up in his responsibilities (w/ and w/o the ball), because yes, the offense will be better with his presence. Screw up, and he won't be on the field regardless of his physical skills. Take advantage of the opportunities...

True, but the playoffs are in 3 weeks and I don't think the Pats are playing possum, nor do I expect the Pats to suddenly turn on the switch and have everything click.

If he's not active tomorrow, it's a bad sign. I don't think Kelvin Kight cuts the mustard.

One question I do have. I'm assuming that if CJ is inactive they'll go with 4 wr's otherwise Bam would have been signed to the 53 man roster today and someone would have been demoted.

So it's CJ or they have just 4 wr's(Reche,Troy, Jabar, and Kelvin)?

Plus you have to wonder if the Pats had been considering cutting Gabriel for a couple weeks since they signed Mickens to put Troy on the field as a wr full time.

I think they're looking for Gaffney to make an impact. Their passing system relies on everyone being on the same page.

Gaffney is more likely to make some real progress to getting that frustrated look off Brady's face.

I don't see a rookie that's missed tons of training camp/practice helping to get our passing game into rhythm.

He'll be an occasional contributor on limited plays IMO.

On the other hand, Reche is working the system well IMO.

With Troy and Gaffney, (hopefully), running that offense like it's designed, they could take the occasional shot downtown with Jackson.

If they could do it with bean head Bethel, why not?

My expectations for Jackson were low, rookie WRs generally don't do anything the first year. But he has not even met my low expectations, I thought he would get limited looks but still put up 30 catches and show some promise. So far mostly because his body is not NFL ready he has shown nothing.

The Patriots WR evaluation history can only be considered average at best. Branch was a second rounder, performed very well. Givens was a 7th rounder who worked his butt off and became very effective. On the other side there is Bethel, Hayes, Terrel, Gabriel, Andre Davis, etc.

They got caught unprepared for Branch's hard line stance and the team is paying for it. The WRs are a joke, when you line up Trow Brown and Caldwell as your two starters you are immediately behind 31 other NFL teams. The lack of quality WRs has impacted all the other areas of the offense, hard to run when there is always 8 or 9 men in the box.

Next year we have a lot of picks and may be able to reload but this season is close to slipping away largely because of the crappy WRs. Hopefully Jackson comes on strong and makes me eat my words nothing would make me happier.

You stole my thunder.

Remember, these are the same men who:

Didn't draft a WR in 2000 or 2001;

Signed Donald Hayes, instead of Joe Jurevicius, in 2002;

Traded a 4th-round pick to draft Bethel Johnson in 2003;

Drafted PK Sam in 2004;

Traded a 5th-round pick for Andre Davis in 2005;

Didn't draft a WR in 2005;

Traded a 5th-round pick for Doug (Wonderlic of 13) Gabriel;

Didn't re-sign Tim Dwight;

Traded Meion Branch, instead of having him for the last 6 weeks, plus playoffs, of this season.

Sorry, but as of now I cannot trust BB/SP's judgment on either WR talent, or the (lack of) value they place on continuity at that position.

I tend to disagree with all the posts that think Chad Jackson is even PLAYING this week!

You stole my thunder.

Remember, these are the same men who:

Didn't draft a WR in 2000 or 2001; Who are you, Ron Borges? Would you have preferred David Terrell?

Signed Donald Hayes, instead of Joe Jurevicius, in 2002; The long term impact of that mistake still haunts us to this day.

Traded a 4th-round pick to draft Bethel Johnson in 2003; Bethel contributed significantly to the Pats winning SB 38. If you're unhappy about that, then life must be truly miserable for you.

Drafted PK Sam in 2004; What did you expect from a 5th rdr, Steve Smith?

Traded a 5th-round pick for Andre Davis in 2005; Ditto.

Didn't draft a WR in 2005; Who do you suggest?

Traded a 5th-round pick for Doug (Wonderlic of 13) Gabriel; They took a flier with a throw away 2nd day pick, who cares.

Didn't re-sign Tim Dwight; currently on IR.

Traded Meion Branch, instead of having him for the last 6 weeks, plus playoffs, of this season. Maybe you should be a fan of the Redskins. They would have signed Deion back in a heart beat.

Sorry, but as of now I cannot trust BB/SP's judgment on either WR talent, or the (lack of) value they place on continuity at that position.

Sorry, I can't trust your judgment on anything related to the Pats after this post. Maybe you should cry in your beer with Felger and Co.

ten characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft