PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uncharacteristic Belichick response at News Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think in all the times I have listened to BB in the past 6 years I have never heard him say the thing he said in yesterdays News Conference when asked about the teams play lately - He Said "We Are 9-4,Alot of teams wish they had this record at this point"
That was strange IMO - Bill usually never says anything about records of his team or that we have a decent record at this stage or somewhat downgrading teams with worse records than us right now.

Is it a cry out to try to fire the guys up in his 'subtle words' saying even though they stunk the past several weeks they still have a decent record and a chance at the playoffs that other teams who are playing good ball that were not earlier, don't have now and its too late for them? (such as Tenn,Ariz ect) - Or is it a statement of 'I can't beleive this team is at 9-4' and some other teams (E.G. Cincy,Tennessee,Arizona,New Orleans,Dallas)with records worse than us are playing better than us right now?

I don't know what exactly that statement meant,but even in the years where we were 12-2 or 11-3 ect: around this time of the season,you never heard him talk about what our record was or how better it was than other teams:confused: - This was weird and unbelichick like,almost as if he is relieved that we are still In contention with the offensive squad he has -STRANGE!!:eek:

Last edited:
I think you are reading way to much into this. BB made a very factual statement as usual, nothing more.

I think you are reading way to much into this. BB made a very factual statement as usual, nothing more.
It was a true statement yes...But unlike him- other coaches do it all the time,he rarily says things like that

If he comes out in the next news conference and reveals the Whole truth about our injury report this week or how the Texans really stink and we should stomp them instead of his usual 'they are a very good team response',I am really going to get concerned:) .

Again, you are reading to much into it. He is pointing out a fact to a blood thirsty media. No big deal. It was meant to shut them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News