PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uh oh, here we go: CBS claims Pats win coin flip at "impossible clip"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't you be barred from writing for a while when you don't know the meaning of the word impossible?

This happened. It is unlikely. Is it possible? See first proposition

This happened. That proves it is possible.

the probability of winning it at least 19 times in 25 tries is 0.0073. That's less than three-quarters of one percent.

That is 1 in 7,300 if my math is correct, which is ****ed up.

Goddammit, it was the coin flip all along! That's the only thing that separates us from the rest of the league.:rolleyes:
I saw the "its worked" comment and thought that I guess I was wrong that it was Brady doing it and not the coin flip win.

The pats make their own luck

dk02-1316380429.jpg

This is the same "logic" that makes people lose their car in Vegas because, "I've lost the last 7 hands... I'm due!"

Interesting my husband and I were at the Miami game. He thought that the coin flip had been done earlier because the teams were already lined up correctly. Is the coin flip live or "is it Memorex" ? (for those of you old enough to remember that xommercial)

Belichick has scouted this.

In Foxboro where the air is more humid, the fatter side of the coin (heads) causes the coin to weigh toward the ground. It adds 12% velocity (remember, speed + mass = velocity). An aeronautical engineer like Matt Patricia would be quite aware of this, especially because, of all the coins, the heads side of the quarter has both the highest protrusion (George Washington's rather pronounced cheek bones) but also the smoothest surface which is best for wind sheer.

This is why the Patriots choose tails.

Belichick has scouted this.

In Foxboro where the air is more humid, the fatter side of the coin (heads) causes the coin to weigh toward the ground. It adds 12% velocity (remember, speed + mass = velocity). An aeronautical engineer like Matt Patricia would be quite aware of this, especially because, of all the coins, the heads side of the quarter has both the highest protrusion (George Washington's rather pronounced cheek bones) but also the smoothest surface which is best for wind sheer.

This is why the Patriots choose tails.
Well played...

Coin flips, fumble rates, warm visitor gatorade, visiting players lose their playbooks, visiting teams afraid to use locker room trash cans, bug sweeps, illegal microphone battery guy, headsetgate, deflategate, spygate -- is that all of them?

Coin flips, fumble rates, warm visitor gatorade, visiting players lose their playbooks, visiting teams afraid to use locker room trash cans, bug sweeps, illegal microphone battery guy, headsetgate, deflategate, spygate -- is that all of them?
Tricky formations that fool stupid coaches
snowplow
tuck rule

I suspect that BB dug up Jimmy Hoffa from under the turf at the Meadowlands, before they tore it down and re-buried him under the turf at the middle of the field at Gilette with a huge magnet.

BB then has one of his Captians ( more probably than not Brady) give him a secret hand signal to signify heads or tails and then BB uses his mind meld with Ernie to tell Ernie which way to switch the magnet on.

Road team calls, and Carolina was on some ridiculous streak in recent history too except I think they lost every coin toss for a while.

Just put it on the complaint form in the other thread for the folks who lose to us.

Reason 20: Win coin toss at "impossible" rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft