PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two Year Window to win 1 more Superbowl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be inclined towards trading Garrapolo as well, but only if the deal is right for them.

For me it would have to be a spectacular deal because I prefer to go with Brady and JG for a couple of years making a push for one more SB win.

With the right parts, Brady CAN do what Manning did in 2013, as well as winning another Super Bowl or two, right? Isn't what all this is about? Also, it doesn't have to consist of "name" players, too!

Think to the beginning of this past season. With the roster it had, who would have thought the Carolina Panthers would be sitting on a 17 - 1 record going into the Super Bowl? It is about having the right parts, they ALL play well throughout the season and have few injuries. This past season, the Pats had the right parts, o-line aside, as evidenced by their 10 - 0 start then the injury bug hit many key players. For the first time in a while many here felt the Pats HAD a SB winning defense to compliment the offense. Well, guess where all the injuries occurred this year? The defense kept the offense in the game Sunday, but, it was playing against the #1 NFL defense and still came one play short to tie the game at the end.

Let's not put our "window" on the team. It will do the best it can to win every single season with whatever players are on the roster. When Brady is gone, are some of you thinking the team will tank it?

IMO the window is closin I think 2 or 3 is all we got left.

IMO the window is closin I think 2 or 3 is all we got left.

Closing on what? Competing for a championship?

The Patriots sound approach to the business side of things makes this franchise one that will be in the mix as long as Belichick and the Krafts are running the show. I have confidence beyond Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick due to Jonathan Kraft's deep understanding of how this franchise experienced so much success.

The long view is that this team has been in the discussion all the back to the hiring of Bill Parcells in 1993 and the selection of Drew Bledsoe in the 1st round. Since then, it's been a run of three SB champion head coaches, and perennial competitiveness.

There's no reason to believe that 23 years of sustained competitiveness won't continue beyond Brady, Belichick and Robert Kraft. This will continue to be a franchise that attracts quality executives and coaches, many of whom are finding success in other situations, college and pro. The Krafts have built a culture of success and are one of a few franchises - Pittsburgh, NY Giants, Green Bay - that have what it takes to continue their success through leadership transitions.

I think the defense COULD BE elite by next year, and as we saw in the AFCCG, defense wins championships. I think a few more shrewd additions, like Sheard for instance, could put this defense in the elite category. I'd love to see some solid DBs added, and maybe a decent LB, I think Mayo is history.

Also the Oline MUST be a major focus in the offseason. It's the main reason why the AFCCG was lost. Can't afford to have Brady beaten up 10-20 times a game. I don't care how long he wants to play, he can't keep taking that beating. Sign some GOOD Olinemen, draft some good olinemen. Get a GOOD Oline coach who is a good teacher. Do whatever is necessary, but this has to change dramatically before this so called window closes.

I know everyone wants to live in fantasy land that Brady will play until he's 45.

Straw Man, much??
jester.gif

When you feel the need to preface your point by painting a Fantasy World where you imagine that it's others who are fantasizing...that should be a Clue that your point might be a touch on the weak side. ;)

How can you predict that the window is closing? Brady can play like this easily for the next 4 years IMO, even if he retire in 2017, you dont know the next guy in line, maybe Jimmy, maybe the 1st pick next year or 2018 we dont know. The fact we have: NE is in great shape when we talk about cap, yes we dont have much cap space to go after FA but all of our guys a locked, next year the most important UFA is Vollmer. They have on of the youngest core in the NFL.

It's the Ron Borges thread. Predict their impending demise each and every year for 20 or so years and when they actually have a bad season declare you were right all along.

Yep.

I remember him a couple of years he'd continually be on csnne talking about how after the season there was going to be a contract problem between Brady and the Pats. One of his reasons was because Gisele would be all over Tom about getting more money. Yep the woman who brings in about $30-40m a year is gonna get on Tom to get a a few more million dollars a year.

I'm crossing my fingers that Brady will want to win a super bowl so bad that he takes the league minimum to add an Oline and some weapons. I can dream right?

They really don't need that, they are in very good cap shape with plenty of room for movement and the roster is in great shape, especially defensively. If the re-sign Hicks then most would agree they are 8 deep in the DL, even, If Mayo doesn't return they have 2 excellent starting LB's and decent depth, and they are 4 deep at safety and the Same at CB although bringing in a really good CB to start across from Butler would be ideal and their secondary would be outstanding. So all they really need defensively is a starting caliber LB and the Same at CB and they would be all set. That really isn't a lot to accomplish in terms of personnel on that side of the ball for the offseason.

This thread. Welcome to the offseason. :rolleyes:

Yep, and while it may not always be the same people chiming in that the window is closing it is always those with the same doomsday mindset. Brady is going to be 34 in two years and most QBs don't last beyond that.....

Brady is going to be 35 in two years.....

Brady is going to be 36....

Brady is going to be 37....

Brady is going to be 38....

Brady is going to be 39....

Yet what I have seen the last 3 years is a QB who is getting better in the pocket, who can take being twisted five different ways asset once without breaking, who is as accurate as ever, and whose arm is as strong of not stronger than ever. Brady is defying normal aging and shows no sign of deterioration and while someday he will start to go downhill he isn't showing signs of it now and it would make more sense to move Garrapolo and bring in a veteran BU than it would to plan on Brady's departure.

• Agree
Reactions: glm
Closing on what? Competing for a championship?

The Patriots sound approach to the business side of things makes this franchise one that will be in the mix as long as Belichick and the Krafts are running the show. I have confidence beyond Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick due to Jonathan Kraft's deep understanding of how this franchise experienced so much success.

The long view is that this team has been in the discussion all the back to the hiring of Bill Parcells in 1993 and the selection of Drew Bledsoe in the 1st round. Since then, it's been a run of three SB champion head coaches, and perennial competitiveness.

There's no reason to believe that 23 years of sustained competitiveness won't continue beyond Brady, Belichick and Robert Kraft. This will continue to be a franchise that attracts quality executives and coaches, many of whom are finding success in other situations, college and pro. The Krafts have built a culture of success and are one of a few franchises - Pittsburgh, NY Giants, Green Bay - that have what it takes to continue their success through leadership transitions.
Not if we keep on giving up First round draft picks on bogus violations to please the POS commissioner and the other owners. Unlike you, I think there is only one GOAT coach and GOAT QB and they cannot be replaced regardless of how smart Jonathan is.

Not if we keep on giving up First round draft picks on bogus violations to please the POS commissioner and the other owners. Unlike you, I think there is only one GOAT coach and GOAT QB and they cannot be replaced regardless of how smart Jonathan is.

Jesus f.cking Christ flasox literally every topic you post on includes the exact same cry. It has gotten way beyond old. Everyone here knows you hate Kraft, everyone here wishes they had fought harder to keep the pick, it doesn't have to be brought up in every thread any time you post. Can you at least try to limit it to threads where it is being discussed and not drag the agenda into every thread you post in?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case