PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two very good articles from the Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/08/07/no_doubting_thomas/

No doubting Thomas
Linebacker more comfortable here

I expect Adalius to have a big year this season. The more I hear him talk the more I think that this guy was born to be a leader.
He certainly does get it.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...8/08/07/moss_keeps_eye_on_pupils_in_wr_corps/

Moss keeps eye on pupils in WR corps
By Christopher L. Gasper
Globe Staff / August 7, 2008

FOXBOROUGH - Randy Moss has been called many things during his career, but teacher is usually not one of them.

However, Patriots reserve C.J. Jones said Moss has taken to educating his fellow wide receivers on some of the finer points of the position and the offense. That means that whether Moss plays or not tonight in the team's exhibition opener at Gillette Stadium against the Ravens, his fingerprints will be on the game.

"He's a good teacher. He's a real good teacher," said Jones, who is fighting an uphill battle for a roster spot. "He shows us a lot - in the meeting room, on the [white] boards. He knows his plays. We have these little games we play with the routes, and if you don't know it, he makes sure you know it."

Jones said Moss pulled him aside one day and advised him to come off the ball faster on his routes and to run them at a faster pace. Since then, Jones said he's been able to gain more separation from defensive backs.

Jones said that when Moss talks, players listen because there are few better receiver role models.

"Man, this dude is ridiculous. I mean, every day it's something different," said Jones. "He's a big playmaker, and I just try to do everything he does so I can be a playmaker, too."

The idea that Moss would take an interest in Jones, who spent time in the Canadian Football League and NFL Europa and has been a fringe NFL player, shows there is more to Moss than meets the eye.

Wait a minute, I thought that Randy Moss was a selfish malcontent. :rolleyes:
I'm really happy that Moss is helping our WRs out. These kids will learn a lot from him.

TO HELL WITH BRETT FAVRE. Today belongs to the Patriots. I can't remember the last time that I was this excited for a preseason game. :singing:

Last edited by a moderator:
So how does Brett Favre and the Jets play into these articles?

So how does Brett Favre and the Jets play into these articles?

That was the point of my post. This forum has become GreenBay Packers 2.0 with the Favre threads. I posted two articles about Patriot Players. They are good reads by the way. You should check them out. I was hoping my post would get us back on topic. I guess I've failed badly.:(

I expect Adalius to have a big year this season. The more I hear him talk the more I think that this guy was born to be a leader.
He certainly does get it.

Wait a minute, I thought that Randy Moss was a selfish malcontent. :rolleyes:
I'm really happy that Moss is helping our WRs out. These kids will learn a lot from him.

TO HELL WITH BRETT FAVRE. Today belongs to the Patriots. I can't remember the last time that I was this excited for a preseason game. :singing:

I won't be able to see the game (WTNH's sister channel is broadcasting it, but, of course, living in Fairfield Co., I don't get it :enranged:).

That said, I love hearing stuff like this, and I continue to think--no matter what some might say about that trade that just took place--that the NE-to-SF trade will go down as the most lopsided trade in NFL Draft history (San Francisco gets Joe Staley, while the Pats get Randy Moss and Jerod Mayo and Shawn Crable :D).

I know this is not exactly on topic. But..

I AM GOING TO THE GAME TONIGHT!!!! Still will be on the waitinglist for the next 25 years or so. So I am happy for every opportunity I can get!

On the topic. I am looking forward to see Mayo tonight but at the same time I wish Seau was back. I think we still can use an outstanding guy like him as a situation player.

That was the point of my post. This forum has become GreenBay Packers 2.0 with the Favre threads. I posted two articles about Patriot Players. They are good reads by the way. You should check them out. I was hoping my post would get us back on topic. I guess I've failed badly.:(

I was messing with you. Let's take back this site with Pats news.

I won't be able to see the game (WTNH's sister channel is broadcasting it, but, of course, living in Fairfield Co., I don't get it :enranged:).

I get Cablevision also (Norwalk) and thought I saw it listed on channel 24. I'll be bummed if that's not the case..

Will Favre be at the game?

I was hoping my post would get us back on topic. I guess I've failed badly.:(
The Lord Favre stories will continue until morale improves! :eek:

Thanks for linking! :singing:

Thanks DefenseRules for some great Pats articles. I'm so hyped for tonight's game... even if its preseason. :D

I was messing with you. Let's take back this site with Pats news.

You obviously don't know these forums well enough, MoFo. It's a hot topic... as such, Favre threads will flood the forum for at least a week.

I was hoping we could move all of the Farve Threads to another forum (or at least most of them) because while it affects our division, I'm way more interested in our players and our camp battles right now.

Back on topic: I'm glad Moss is teaching the other WRs. CJack, please-oh-please-oh-please learn from the master!! I've been a little hard on Jackson sometimes, but I'm so hopeful that he catches on. I really hope he as a good game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents