PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two DoGs in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiZa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me on the drive where there were 2 delay of games in a row... the first occurred at 4:17, the second at 3:52. That's 25 seconds. Isn't the play clock 45 seconds? Even the announcers said Brady looked like something was right.

Yea I'm glad someone brought this up. That was definitely a "WTF" moment for me and I don't understand how they got screwed like that. It's tough to say whether it would have made a difference, but 5 yards is 5 yards. Seemed sloppy that ONE of those refs didn't notice.

Can someone enlighten me on the drive where there were 2 delay of games in a row... the first occurred at 4:17, the second at 3:52. That's 25 seconds. Isn't the play clock 45 seconds? Even the announcers said Brady looked like something was right.

The play clock is 40 seconds normally, or 25 seconds after a stoppage in play.

The play clock is 40 seconds normally, or 25 seconds after a stoppage in play.

Queer rule, but thanks for the explanation!

Brady was trying to hard to pick up blitzes. They should of had a game plan were the receivers would run a slant into where the LBs were. If they blitz Brady would have a wide open space to throw the ball. The long ball just wasn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back