PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tully Banta-Cain has surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Banta-Cain has surgery

Wait - there are football players with injuries?
How does this guy keep getting these scoops?
Yeah, I know he doesn't exactly have names, but that's amazing.

Not even sure how to respond to this post. His point was there are key players that have hurt themselves during the offseason, that have not come out in the media.

No reason to be an ass about it.

We already have Murrell and Moore as our JAG's. I suppose that we might a couple of more for camp reps and competition, and in case of injuries. The cost is small and the there are plenty of spots for now.

What we need is someone to compete for significant reps with Ninkovich, Cunningham, Moore, Fletcher and Murrell.

I would think the PUP list is very likely.

I'm sure we'll be saying hello to mr. JAG in the next couple of weeks.

Not at all... ,but our Cap takes a big hit when we find a better replacement as we drop TBS most likely.

What does TBC make if cut? What is cap hit on the guy?

If TBC is cut, that's $2M in dead money against the cap, and a little under $2M saved against the cap (his current cap hit is about $4M)

He counts as $4 million against the cap. $2.5 million in salary.

I see no reason why the Patriots would keep him around at that figure.

This abdominal injury is a rather serious injury that keeps players from other sports out for many months.

I also don't think it's incumbent on the Patriots to keep a player who injured himself working out prior to team activities.

Does there being a lockout and no CBA in effect when the injury occurred mean that the Pats don't even need to do an injury settlement with TBC should they part ways?

Tully Banta-Cain has surgery
By: Derek Havens

Multiple reports broke out early Sunday morning that patriots Outside Linebacker, Tully Banta - Cain, had surgery on Friday, July 22nd. With an estimated 4 - 6 weeks recovery time, and the Patriots already lacking depth at the outside linebacker position...

We already have Murrell and Moore as our JAG's. I suppose that we might a couple of more for camp reps and competition, and in case of injuries. The cost is small and the there are plenty of spots for now.

What we need is someone to compete for significant reps with Ninkovich, Cunningham, Moore, Fletcher and Murrell.

I would think the PUP list is very likely.

We definitely need need someone to compete with our apparent starters, but that would be too logical. Too often do we come up short on positions of real need (i.e. Reche Caldwell).

Does anyone know if Chad Brown or Monty Beisel have younger brothers? :D

Jason Taylor, anyone?

Hope he's OK. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that this wasn't something he would have had done in the Spring if they weren't on strike.

Nice way to get out of TC Tully.....

Sheesh...

I really wish reporters would understand what they are reporting.

A muscle strain IS a tear of the muscles, Shalise. It's just not a complete tear. Saying a straing isn't a tear is like saying that a square isn't a rectangle.

TBC could, very well, be put on the Reserve- Non-Football Injury List to start the season. I don't remember how that works in regards to the cap.

This is not good. He may be ok at some point, but maybe not for the beginning of the season. It's another reason we NEED to get a pass rusher in FA. Even if TBC was fully healthy. He was second last year in sacks for the Pats, with 5......SECOND with 5!! we need to get better at pass rushing and we just now, before the season even started, got worse. WTF

Will the next OLB please come forward......Is Willie still playing?

They HAVE to get a OLB now from FA.

What are the big names?

I hope he has a fast recovery! We need him on the field as soon as the season starts! :rocker:

Good, now Bill has 1 less excuse not to get a real OLB in FA.

Does there being a lockout and no CBA in effect when the injury occurred mean that the Pats don't even need to do an injury settlement with TBC should they part ways?

non football injury .... see ya

non football injury .... see ya

Though I don't know exactly what the contract looks like, I'm guessing his legal argument goes something like:

1) You locked us out.

2) Yet we were still under contract.

3) Ergo I am still obligated to work out/be in shape for football.

4) Ergo you are still on the hook if I get hurt while training away from the complex which you aren't letting me in to.

I guarantee an injury settlement of some kind if they release him, if only because there is no way they want to have to litigate over it.

How bad is that injury? Not season ending?

How bad is that injury? Not season ending?

Nah, 4-5 weeks, meaning he'll be healthy for the regular season, but we have no idea how physically prepared he'll be.

Though I don't know exactly what the contract looks like, I'm guessing his legal argument goes something like:

1) You locked us out.

2) Yet we were still under contract.

3) Ergo I am still obligated to work out/be in shape for football.

4) Ergo you are still on the hook if I get hurt while training away from the complex which you aren't letting me in to.

I guarantee an injury settlement of some kind if they release him, if only because there is no way they want to have to litigate over it.

Players get injured in the off-season away from the game and they get put on Reserve- NFI. The lockout has nothing to do with it. It's not football related. Just like Tate was originally put on the Reserve-NFI list in his rookie year even though he tore his ACL playing college ball.

The "legal" argument you made carries about as much water as a spaghetti colander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call