PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trotter released by Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obligatory complaint post: as soon as some washed up player is cut, we have a thread about him coming to the Patriots. <<rant, rant, rant>>

And as soon as anyone wants to talk about a player coming to the Patriots, somebody complaints about it.

And thus does the cycle of life continue.

He was great player I liked him a lot, he energized their entire defense and brought a much needed toughness to the Eagles.

I was pointing out how cruel the game is and the price these guys pay, one day you are the king, the next day you are nothing.

I would not say nothing..at least in regards to life after football,I think he will always be something to fans of the Eagles,maybe not to others.

I think the NFLPA is beginning to fight harder to take care of players that retire due to injury with Mike Ditka the most vocal lately.

I would not say nothing..at least in regards to life after football,I think he will always be something to fans of the Eagles,maybe not to others.

I think the NFLPA is beginning to fight harder to take care of players that retire due to injury with Mike Ditka the most vocal lately.

I am sure he is well liked and respected in Philly, but will these fans help him walk up stairs or tie his shoes?

I love football, and know the players make good money but they also can have long-term health issues.

Yes-Trotter was all on his last legs. He's looked a step slower recently b/c of his recurring sore knees. In that playoff game against the Saints, Deuce McCalister all but owned him.

However-he brings ALOT of intangibles to the tables-leadership (vocally and otherwise), holding everyone accountable on every play, a coach on the sidelines, a big presence in the locker room (and FWIW too, when TO was there, they were best friends, oddly).

With that being said, I am RELIEVED he's out of our division (at least for now).

And as soon as anyone wants to talk about a player coming to the Patriots, somebody complaints about it.

Not to mention we're talking about a guy who rejuvinated his career the last 2 years. Not some re-tread jag who couldn't make the Raiders...

Last edited:
Listen guys, Trotter was a proven experienced LB on a team that is thin at LB. He was a popular player and a leader in the Eagle lockerroom. Don't think for a second that if he had ANYTHING left, the Eagles would have kept him! He's done. Next stop some radio booth for him. He's no use for the Pats.

Last edited:
How about a little compassion for a guy who had been a good player in his prime and show maybe a little class even if he was not a Patriots player.

Yes his time has come to leave the NFL with recurring injuries,but he will probably come soon to realize this and retire.

'Washed up stiff' sounds ignorant,especially since he was not one of those non-factor guys on that eagles defense and did pose a threat on the field when he was healthy.

Man, I don't know if it's jealousy, or the perceived rights of ticket buyers or not...The fact is that fans talk tough about players and their fates. Hell, they have the right as often as not. I agree its unfair to lambast a guy who blows out a knee (for life) and blow it off as "injury prone", but million$ are involved as much as dedication. A guy who digs ditches for the state gets great bennies but wishes he could beg off for a week when his back acts up. We expect the RB to ignore it. They aren't all winning the lotto.

Listen guys, Trotter was a proven experienced LB on a team that is thin at LB. He was a popular player and a leader in the Eagle lockerroom. Don't think for a second that if he had ANYTHING left, the Eagles would have kept him! He's done. Next stop some radio booth for him. He's no use for the Pats.

This release doesn't make you a little suprised? In the least?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back