PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toughest Games on Schedule Chicago and Indy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jct

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Seems Like the best teams are now:
Chi
Sea
Indy
Den
Bal
No reason we can't finish between 10-6 and 14-2

jct said:
Chi
Sea
Indy
Den
Bal
i would add buffalo to the list of tough games...their front four gives jitters to matt light and co..

SVN said:
i would add buffalo to the list of tough games...their front four gives jitters to matt light and co..

And if Spikes is healthy......with the way Fletcher is playing.

Dont forget the Jets.

Watching Chicago last night, they scare me.

Buffalo on the road is a tough game as is the MNF game at the dome. Tough place to play.

Those are the 3 that scare me the most.

Indy is winnable at home. Run the ball down their throats. It will resemble yesterday's game.

The rest are gravy.

BradfordPatsFan said:
Watching Chicago last night, they scare me.

Buffalo on the road is a tough game as is the MNF game at the dome. Tough place to play.

Those are the 3 that scare me the most.

Indy is winnable at home. Run the ball down their throats. It will resemble yesterday's game.

The rest are gravy.

Chicago's defense will be real scary, but I'm more than confident in BB and company's ability to make Grossman's head spin with different coverages/blitzes. Grossman has shown a lot of talent so far, but he's also young and pretty inexperienced, so I think we have more than a good shot at taking this one from the bears.

jct said:
Chi
Sea
Indy
Den
Bal

In the great words of Jason Whitlock the Ravens are the biggest fraud at 4-0. Their offense is not any better than they were last year. Denver only looked good against us and Seattle without Alexander won't win anything. Don't discount the Steelers, give Big Ben a few games to come back and SD gave that game away with a missed FG and then a botched snap on another. Add in a dumb penalty after a good punt at the end of the game to give the Ravens better field position and you have a road loss. Dallas is good and Indy better get healthy and figure out a way to plug the middle. Cincy will still be there at the end of the year as well. Don't forget about Philly they are the most underrated team in the league. Carolina will be there in the NFC as well IF Steve Smith can get healthy. I'm not sold on New Orleans, yet. They have a brutal schedule over the next six weeks they play, TB (2), Philly, Baltimore,Pitt, Cincy and Atlanta. Then they finish up the season against the NFC east. I think their schedule keeps them out of the playoffs.

IMO the toughest games left on our schedule are:

Minnesota - They play tough at home. They have a good D but the O is struggling.

Indy - Obvious reasons but if they aren't healthy by then they will get killed by our running game.

Chicago - I am glad this one is in Foxboro. This will be a great game to watch. Tough hard nose football at its finest.

Jacksonville - Their defense is better then they played yesterday. This will be a tough road game, especially considering that the Jags will most likely be fighting for a playoff spot.

Honerable Mention:
Buffalo - Tough D and have played well at home
Jets - Will likely continue to improve over the course of the season.
Miami - Because they are Miami, no other reason except for the annual (last year excluded) brain fart that we seem to have against them.

I still stand by my prediction of 14-2!

Last edited:
I think they are all winnable from here on out as long as they play like they did yesterday. The scary thing is too they had room for improvement too. I looked at yesterday's game from day 1 as a loss. They need to improve but they can compete with anyone if they play their game like they did yesterday.

Jets will easier than it was in the Meadowlands. Their D sucks, Manning absolutely carved them up when Dungy decided to take the leash off and stop running the ball on 1st and 2nd downs which btw the Jets had a hard time stopping too. The Jets O will not run like it did against the Pats D as it did against Indy's. Jets are an up and coming team but there is no way the Pats D gives up those freak plays again and they will not fall for a 2nd qtr onside kick like Indy did yesterday.

Bills will play tough at home that I agree with.

Miami will get better as they go along but their OL sucks which will be their demise this year.

Last edited:
I agree, the bills have been a lot better than people expected so far. However by time we play them again we should be playing a lot better than we were the first time we played them!

Lockdown06 said:
Chicago's defense will be real scary, but I'm more than confident in BB and company's ability to make Grossman's head spin with different coverages/blitzes. Grossman has shown a lot of talent so far, but he's also young and pretty inexperienced, so I think we have more than a good shot at taking this one from the bears.

He maybe young and inexperienced in the form of actually playing. But he has been in the league for 4 years. The guy obviously watched and learned over that time much like a young QB in the old days. He knows how to read defenses and recognize coverages. Don't let the 12 starts fool you.

I forgot about the game at Jacksonville. That should be a war as well.

Lockdown06 said:

No matter how we do in the Bears game, it may turn out to be VERY important that BB is getting a look at them in the regular season. Reminiscent of the Rams in 2001 (I hope). The way the Bears looked Sunday night, I now look at it as "OK the Bears will be there in February. Now I hope we're the ones there with them."

shakadave said:
No matter how we do in the Bears game, it may turn out to be VERY important that BB is getting a look at them in the regular season. Reminiscent of the Rams in 2001 (I hope). The way the Bears looked Sunday night, I now look at it as "OK the Bears will be there in February. Now I hope we're the ones there with them."

I agree that Chicago has to be the favorite in the NFC. I think it will be Philly/Carolina at Chicago for the NFCC game. My money would be on Philly. The only hesitation I have about picking Chicago to make it to Miami, is that horrible game last year against Carolina. They let one guy destroy them. It was as if they didn't realize Steve Smith was good.

I'd bet my mortgage that this is how I'll bet BB is thinking about the schedule:

Our next tough game is against Miami.

Then we have a tough game against the Bills, followed by six more tough games against the Vikings, Colts, Jets, Packers, Bears and Lions and then we have to finish the season with tough games against the Dolphins, Texans, Jaguars and Titans.

PatsFanSince74 said:
I'd bet my mortgage that this is how I'll bet BB is thinking about the schedule:

Our next tough game is against Miami.

Then we have a tough game against the Bills, followed by six more tough games against the Vikings, Colts, Jets, Packers, Bears and Lions and then we have to finish the season with tough games against the Dolphins, Texans, Jaguars and Titans.

You think?

Why is that some of us fans think that we have to focus on the schedule the same way the team does? Just a thought (and I would bet my mortgage on this being a fact, hell I would bet my life) that regardless if I focus all of my attention on the Miami game or not, it will have no effect on the result of next Sunday's game.

What do you think?

mgcolby said:
You think?

Why is that some of us fans think that we have to focus on the schedule the same way the team does? Just a thought (and I would bet my mortgage on this being a fact, hell I would bet my life) that regardless if I focus all of my attention on the Miami game or not, it will have no effect on the result of next Sunday's game.

What do you think?

Agree on both points. But I still think every game in the NFL is tough whatever I think.

PatsFanSince74 said:
Agree on both points. But I still think every game in the NFL is tough whatever I think.

Agreed. Especially Miami! I don't know if you read my comments about Miami earlier in this thread.

At the beginning of the season I predicted the Pats would go 14-2 and I figured one of those losses would be Miami. With the other coming at the hands of either Denver, Cincy, or Indy. I didn't include Chicago at the time because the game was at home and I didn't think Chicago's offense would be this good. So they have to be included in that group now.

Logic tells me we should kill Miami this week because they are truly playing pathetic football right now and we seem to have our offense running on 5 of its 8 cylinders and our D was all over Palmer. Miami's O-line is terrible and I can see Culpepper fumbling 2-3 times along with 1-2 picks. The Pats should be in his face all day, I will predict 6 sacks.

I think Indy might be easier than expected. Apparently, their run defense stinks too and the Jets, who don't have a particularly potent attack was able to run up some mileage on them. I'm not saying Peyton can't carry the offense along but we've seen what happens to teams with inadequate defenses..i.e. Cincy.:bricks:

Pattie said:
I think Indy might be easier than expected. Apparently, their run defense stinks too and the Jets, who don't have a particularly potent attack was able to run up some mileage on them. I'm not saying Peyton can't carry the offense along but we've seen what happens to teams with inadequate defenses..i.e. Cincy.:bricks:

They lost Cedric Houston in that game as well and still Washington and Barlow moved the chains on them. Indy will most likely have Sanders and Simon back for our game which will tighten up their run D some but I don't think it will be enough.

Indy has a tough go of it after next week when they play Tennessee. They have a bye and then they go into the stretch run that will honestly make or break their season and that is not an exagerration. Just about every team they play has a good running game and a solid defense.

Indy's schedule:

Washington
@Denver
@New England
Buffalo
@Dallas
Philly
@Tenn -easy one
@Jax
Cincy

They could easily end up going 5-4 or 4-5 during that stretch or worse if they lose a home game or two.

I predicted they would go 10-6 or 11-5 depending the Jax series if they win both I figured they would end up 11-5 and win the division, if they split they go 10-6 and Jax wins the division. I don't think I will back away from that prediction now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft