PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toucher to Brady: 'Screw you'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue I brought up never dealt with the salary cap. There are teams out there (bengals/bucs/chiefs) that are not spending towards the top of the salary cap.

Here is the amount of money not spent at the start of last season (9/8/2012).
Eagles: $21.4 million.

Jaguars: $20.7 million.

Chiefs: $14.5 million.

Titans: $14.1 million.

Bills: $13.6 million.

Browns: $13.4 million.

Buccaneers: $13.2 million.

I was attempting to make an argument for a player by player case. Teams work the cap really well that is a given. But for players that are seeing all that cap space they are wondering why they had to take pay cuts or sign smaller deals. From a players point of view if top-tier players are signing for below pay grade, then players in the same position and different talent level will be looking at less money. The NFLPA wants to keep players salary sky high, that's more money in the pockets. Who wouldn't want to make as much money as possible.

An example of that would be Josh Freeman. Now before you jump all over me, I know he is not a top level QB. I would say he is in the third level with Bradford/Palmer. By the way both of those guys need to take a pay cut based on their level of play.
But he will want a decent contract that will pay him good cash($8.00/year?). If Brady and other top level QB start to take lower amounts of $$, his salary will be lowered as well.

As a Patriots fan I love this deal. Helps us out right and hopefully we can spend money on other players.

Roethlisberger restructured. I'm all for Flacco trying to kick Big Ben's ass. The beatdown would be worthy of pay-per-view.

You've obviously proven that there are people who either won't or can't understand how Tom Brady's below market contract impacts everyone else. Sure, there are plenty of others out there just like you.

But does that mean that people who can figure these things out should settle for the lowest common denominator so that others won't look stupid for their unwarranted criticisms? :rolleyes:

I have no idea what point you are even trying to make. Take a step back and figure out what point of mine you are trying to argue.

Like I said earlier, the only ones resenting this are players who punch like Richard Simmons.

Brady couldn't care an amoeba's fart about it.

What YOU don't understand is what Brady did will make a whole lot of DEFENSIVE players richer (bigger PROPORTIONS of the cap will go to them).

The players who can legally hit Brady are right now THANKING him (if they listen to their agents).

You can waste your own time worrying about what the other QB's think.

How does this make any sense at all? Who says that QBs are the only ones that might need to restructured or that any cap savings would only go to D linemen? I don't even understand how this is even relevant or a counter to anything I have said. Can you maybe quote the statement I made that you are trying to refute? Let's start there.

Another poster who is using OTHER QB'S as the players who will be pissed at Brady.

To that, I repeat: Do these QB's line up against the Patriots OL and try to harm Brady?

Why should he give a rat's ass about any player that can't touch him on the field of play?

Is there anyone in this thread that said Brady should worry about them?

Its like a strawman parade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes