PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy: "The Patriots are doing a little bit better than we are"

Status
Not open for further replies.
1195536251_peyton.jpg

LMFAOOOOOOOO!!!

At the end of their careers, people will always argue "Who was better, Brady or Manning?" but ultimately, this is what everyone will always remember.

Brady winning. Manning losing.

Brady being the cool, sly, poised under dog who bangs super models. Manning being a hot headed douche bag who throws his OLine under the bus after choking in the big game.

Last edited:
Sheesh you guys always try to slam Polian and Dungy. They have complimted the hell out of the Pats this week.

I think the Colts may have beaten the Rams last week but I don't think the Pats would have beaten the Titans.

Your schedule is soft as toilet paper.

how does it feel to know that you are two games worse than a rival who is missing an mvp qb? also do not be so sure the colts would have won against the rams when they pulled off two lucky wins against the texans and the vikings. indy fans should feel lucky that they are still in the playoff hunt and not 1-6

Yep, this season comes down to "Juggernaut slowed by total absence of Greatest QB Still Playing..." vs. "Washed up rival showing they're out of gas."

The Pats' question is still whether Brady comes back, full strength, after 1 year... and if not, the level of dominance this team will still exert in his absence (and if so, what slight edge will be missing due to the "rust.") Sad as it is to rely on a backup for a year, the question is what's the upside limit for a Matt Cassel, this year.

You bozos have everybody healthy by and large. Cry me a river that a safety isn't 100%. Only in Indy do they consider "the OTHER most important position in football whatever position Bob Sanders plays."

You guys are, by Pats' standards, the picture of health... and you're pretty much flirting with missing the playoffs.

Puh-lease. I certainly hope you're able to sit at the big table with the grownups again next year. The chargers and Steelers are just so RUDE, and the Titans are still sitting on that folding table they dragged over from the kiddy table... I dunno that they last.

This is what we are dealing with, with a star QB out for the year??? A league that barely keeps up with our backup?

PFnV

I found this to be a dumb quote, for two reasons.

1) Having a two game lead on you halfway into the season isn't "a little bit better". You've been outscored by 13 points while we've outscored our opponents by 21 points. We are in first place in our divison, you are one game behind the final Wild Card spot.

2) Our expectations went from Super Bowl to bubble playoff team about 20 minutes into the season, we're 5-2 with a high school QB.

Disco, I am usually on board with many of your postings but not on this one. Not that I have any love for St. Dungy. I equate it to a typical BB response where BB, after a loss, mentions that the opponent was a better team and played better.

I have never given much importance to St. Dungy's quotes but wouldn't classify this one as dumb just because he didn't go into detailed comparison between the Pats and Colts and didn't praise us for our current record under the circumstances. So what if he doesn't want to give any credit to us??

Last edited:
Disco, I am usually on board with many of your postings but not on this one. Not that I have any love for St. Dungy. I equate it to a typical BB response where BB, after a loss, mentions that the opponent was a better team and played better.

I have never given much importance to St. Dungy's quotes but wouldn't classify this one as dumb just because he didn't go into detailed comparison between the Pats and Colts and didn't praise us for our current record under the circumstances. So what if he doesn't want to give any credit to us??

Follow-up: for what it's worth, just read this on svn's yahoo's link (A kinder, gentler Belichick - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

----------
“The [Patriots] are doing a great job playing to people’s strengths,” Colts coach Tony Dungy said this week. “I think they have found what [Cassel] does well. He is making less and less mistakes every week. They are keeping the ball and controlling it with a short passing game. He is getting them into the right plays.

“It has been impressive.”
---------

Having posted this, I want to mention again that I don't give much importance to whether St. Dungy and others are praising us or burying us. Every coach has a role to play in front of the podium that serves specific interests and 'it is what it is'. :cool:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye