PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: "There is a surprise cut"

Status
Not open for further replies.
TJ Houshmanzadeh.

that would be quite the surprise considering he doesn't even play for our team.

First we would have had to trade for him, and then cut him for this to be true.
That would be quite the surprise indeed.

maybe that's what's taking so long.

One thing that scares me about Moss is that he's a media magnet. All the analysts declared us as likely SB champions after we picked up Moss. This must irritate BB to no end.

I think it's Stallworth.

This is really F-ing annoying and I don't really see, at this point, what possible competitive advantage this would give us - 'though I promise to quickly change my tune as soon as we know.

Last edited:
Brady................. {Tom I mean}?

That would be a surprise......

Trying to look on the bright side here, if it were Moss, wouldn't the league source have said "shocker" rather than "surprise" cut? "Surprise cut" seems too mild to mean Moss. Perhaps its Caldwell or Washington . . .

QB12

id be f*$^in pist if its moss thsts bs if it is, I think its rodney tho, Bb likes what he has in sanders so I could see him cuttin rodney, Im hoping its not moss that would suck big time

Brady................. {Tom I mean}?

That would be a surprise......

brilliant. how about KYLE brady

-missed a lot of time
-Rivers did well
-Thomas almost back

hmm hmm?

Rivers did well as a blocker imo

Surprise cut is probably Stallworth.

I have been talking to my friend who works in the sports department at the herald all day and he's said that quite a few reports have come in saying that moss was going to be cut. Later in the day the rumor shifted that he was going to be traded. Who knows. This is so annoying.

To me if there is a surprise or not it will be the right cut. BB has not had too many bad personal decision in his time here. I trust completely what ever the that cut might be.

I'm going to f'n lose it if they cut Moss or Stallworth.

Didn't someone in another thread sal that they e-mailed Reiss about the Moss rumor ad he said "no way". Just sayiing

We ARE going to get this news tonight, aren't we? I'm beginning to wonder.

It's not going to be Stallworth. He looked good in the pre season, and he's our number one receiver. My money is on Reche or Bruschi, if there is actually a "surprise" cut.

If Tomase knows of a cut he should say so, the ''there will be a surprise cut'' stuff is lame. It could be CJ Jones and he'd say ''what a surprise...''

I'm on the OTHER side of this argument, but one possibility could be Cassel.

That's actually a pretty good guess as he wasn't consistent in practice or preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft