PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: "There is a surprise cut"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right....I was thinking the same.

Bruschi, Stallworth, or Harrison
I think it could be Harrison. That would be a shock.
Who would replace Bruschi? Were already thin in that area.

I also don't think it stallworth why would it be ,and i don't no if that would qualifie as a shock. But maybe were putting to much emphasis on the word "shock"

Last edited:
This is driving me nuts!

Look at us all dance like puppets.. I'm going to be honest. I think that Tomase threw in that tidbit for just this reason... This thread is already over 70 posts long with the speculation.. So were all running around like chickens with our heads cut off, clicking on Reiss' page and the Herald page...

If there is a surprise cut, I have to go with Watson or O'Callaghan.

my sources tell me it's Jimmy Waffles

Look at us all dance like puppets.. I'm going to be honest. I think that Tomase threw in that tidbit for just this reason...

No he didn't. Don't be so cynical. He put in there b/c that's what his sources have told him. You start to look like crazy vendetta boy with this stuff. I've been e-mailing with him about this and I have no reason to doubt its veracity. He is so NOT the "let's just rile 'em up!" type.

Seymour to PUP Thomas off PUP cuts coming per Reiss. Finally!

I think the surprise cut is going to be Rodney... The team will be making a statement... :( I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned more... He's the heart of the defense, as Tedy said, "the tone setter"... He would be my surprise cut...

Look at us all dance like puppets.. I'm going to be honest. I think that Tomase threw in that tidbit for just this reason... This thread is already over 70 posts long with the speculation.. So were all running around like chickens with our heads cut off, clicking on Reiss' page and the Herald page...

If there is a surprise cut, I have to go with Watson or O'Callaghan.

I think Watson would be a HUUUUGGGEEE shocker if nothing else because of the depth and injury issues at the position. Kyle Brady hasn't practiced for most of the summer (he could be the surprise cut) and Thomas are on the PUP and may end up on the active PUP. That would leave Rivers and Mills as the only 100% healthy TEs going into the season.

O'Callaghan could be right though. Going from potentially starting at the beginning of camp to off the 53 man roster tonight.

I like the fact that the verification of the rumor is that it appeared on the rumormill we've already seen.

Oh and Asante walked away with no concessions, according to Tomase.:rolleyes:

Sounds like he's going back to being a rumor mongering ambulance chaser.:mad:

how about Heath Evans?? he was the only "regular" back to play on Thursday

Also Moss stays per Thomase. Duh.

I am going out on a limb here and say "there wouldn't be any surprise cut" today. For people in this board, we have followed every Pats move since training camp all the way to the Giants game.

To me a surprise cut have to be any of these three:
T Brady
Bruschi
Rodney

No he didn't. Don't be so cynical. He put in there b/c that's what his sources have told him. You start to look like crazy vendetta boy with this stuff. I've been e-mailing with him about this and I have no reason to doubt its veracity. He is so NOT the "let's just rile 'em up!" type.

Hmm.. are you sure you are talking about Tomase? Because this is the same guy who over-reacted to the Cimini Article and didn't do his own homework on it... The same guy who was WRONG about the Samuel contract, saying it was a done deal on 2 separate occasions this summer, including this past Monday.

Sorry, but I do and have doubted Tomase' veractiy because he's been wrong a lot.

"Surprise cut" = Rivers or Vinny T.

Is it possible to break your refresh button....this is killing me

Considering Thomas is close to returning, Rivers being cut isn't a huge surprise. Testaverde being cut isn't a surprise really, it was discussed on here plenty of times.

Thanks a lot Tomase.

useless tomase! just mentioning moss...he knew it would rile things up...

In addition to placing Richard Seymour on the reserve/PUP list; activating David Thomas off the PUP list; and placing Oscar Lua on injured reserve, the Patriots announced the following cuts tonight.

DB Larry Anam
OLB Chad Brown
WR Bam Childress
WR Chris Dunlap
C/G Mike Elgin
OT Corey Hilliard
TE Brian Jones
WR C.J. Jones
WR Kelvin Kight
ILB Corey Mays
TE Garrett Mills
NT Rashad Moore
C/G Gene Mruczkowski
OT Clint Oldenburg
TE Marcellus Rivers
OLB Justin Rogers
RB Quinton Smith
QB Vinny Testaverde
DL Santonio Thomas
CB Dante Wesley
DL Zach West

Re: Herald: "There is a surprise cut"

Do you think Vinnie Testaverde qualifies as a surprise cut?

Yep.

Cha-ching :rocker: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes