PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran: Sources made 'clear to me' decision to move on from Belichick made after Germany game

IMO it's also a pretty reasonable assumption to make. There has never been much love between Kraft and BB. Even at the extreme height of their success, during the 2007 regular season winning streak, Kraft referred to BB as "the most miserable ******* I have ever known."

So when things go from bad to worse, it's sort of a predictable outcome.

Did he really say that?!?

Curran backpedaled on his podcast today and said that things “seemed” final at the time but that “until it’s done, nothings final” and that if the Patriots look good to end the season it could change things. So… I’m fairly confident he either made this up entirely, or seriously embellished.
I think his explanation made plenty of sense (certainly more than the snorts and grunts we get from Bill) and that his source or sources are probably real.

I'm also thinking that I should apply some of Bill's philosophies with players to the HC decision.

It's better to get rid of coaches too early than too late.
I only want my team to be coached by coaches I like.
I don't want any coach making more than the highest paid player.

Did I miss any?

Big games for Jack Jones and Jakobi Meyers last night!

Good thing Bill let them go...
The list of players that Bill let go who have contributed or are contributing to other teams is fairly long. Elandon Roberts and Stephon Gilmore are also having good seasons. It looks like the better too early than too late method is working well... for the Pats opponents.

Maybe some day I'll try to look up the stats on players being dropped from one team and having success with another team. I know that Bill's supporters would say that all teams drop players but I have a feeling that no other team has dropped as many top players as Bill or see them have so much success once gone.

Man, I like Curran but he's backpedaling hard. "Well, you know, they could change their mind. You never know. If they finish strong...". That's some weasely **** right there.

I hope he likes the attention and clicks he's getting now because if they keep BB (and I think they will. I won't like it but I think they will) that's the end of him in Boston. (But who knows, Tomase writes for NBC too).

Here's how Wuzzy operates on the forum. His reply to the above post:

I say Licht is better GM than Bill. Wuzzy comes out swinging in defense of Bill, blasts Licht and makes fun of him for picking Jaboo. IOW, Licht is not a good GM.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Later I post this:

Here's his response to the above post:

I post Brady was instrumental in teaching Bucs a winning culture. Wuzzy gets triggered again, this time to minimize Brady's contributions by saying a DOZEN QB's could've won a SB w/ the Bucs (Lol). But, in the process he calls the Bucs - a superteam. Which means, wait for it, that's right, Licht put together a superteam that half the QBs in the league could've won a SB with. Yes, the same Licht he had just made fun of because I said he was better than Bill.

Wuzzy is a Bill ball washer and a Brady hater. He's the "W" in the IBWT team. Like I said, you'll say anything. You'll contradict yourself. You'll lie. You're a clown, a ****ing joke with zero credibility. You are good for a laugh after moping the floor using your spine as the mop handle and your blood soaked hair as the mop.

View attachment 55293
Venecol, after this post you should probably take a break from this place for a while, don't you think?

The list of players that Bill let go who have contributed or are contributing to other teams is fairly long. Elandon Roberts and Stephon Gilmore are also having good seasons. It looks like the better too early than too late method is working well... for the Pats opponents.

Maybe some day I'll try to look up the stats on players being dropped from one team and having success with another team. I know that Bill's supporters would say that all teams drop players but I have a feeling that no other team has dropped as many top players as Bill or see them have so much success once gone.
Pfffft
Elandon Roberts has been dropped from the teams he left the Patriots for.
Gilmore has been dropped 2x as well.
Seems everyone is making the same mistakes Belichick is making.
Is Gilmore with the Panthers? No. Is Gilmore with the Colts? No.
We know what happened to Jack Jones; it's just silly to make a big deal about a player who is 99.9% guaranteed to blow up and get suspended, especially in Vegas.
Now, should Belichick give back all the players who were dropped by their opposing teams and play well for the Patriots? Jabril Peppers? Tavai? Hunter Henry? Ezekiel Elliott? Kendrick Bourne?

Man, I like Curran but he's backpedaling hard. "Well, you know, they could change their mind. You never know. If they finish strong...". That's some weasely **** right there.

I hope he likes the attention and clicks he's getting now because if they keep BB (and I think they will. I won't like it but I think they will) that's the end of him in Boston. (But who knows, Tomase writes for NBC too).
I don’t know if it would be the end of him in Boston but it would certainly put him on a lower tier. He already has lost sources in recent years and this wouldn’t help.

Did he really say that?!?
I don't recall if that was the exact quote, but yeah, that's what was reported. My memory was that he was the biggest a*hole. Regardless, Kraft knew he had a ruthless guy in charge of his team.

Here's how Wuzzy operates on the forum. His reply to the above post:
$35.1M is what the Bucs owe in dead cap on Brady right now, one year's salary. They owe zero going forward.

$79M+ in dead money... that's what you said they were left holding. But you're really smart when it comes to cap space?

Oh yeah, and the 2020 Patriots and the 2023 Buc's had comparable talent and the situations were in anyway similar. The same way the Bucs won a single ring and BB won 3... but Licht is some mastermind.
I say Licht is better GM than Bill. Wuzzy comes out swinging in defense of Bill, blasts Licht and makes fun of him for picking Jaboo. IOW, Licht is not a good GM.
I said Licht had to find a QB, the way BB has to find a QB now... you can't even get the situation right... kind of like your dead cap numbers.
Later I post this:

Here's his response to the above post:
Laughable. I post a statistic about the 2019 Bucs that I heard on the Ringer, along with where that team ranked on offense and defense that year with Jameis, you delete those stats from your response above and only provide the post script to frame it as an attack on your sacred cow.

You're afraid of the facts and want to build some solidarity with the Brady zealots against me for pointing out the 2019 Bucs were great everywhere except at QB. Laughable...

I don't recall if that was the exact quote, but yeah, that's what was reported. My memory was that he was the biggest a*hole. Regardless, Kraft knew he had a ruthless guy in charge of his team.
The quote was about what Kraft said to Belichick directly, and it was not that he's a miserable A.

He asked Belichick whether he had been taping signals. Belichick replied that he had. He then asked how much of a help those signals were during a game. Belichick said that they provided help on a play like 1% of the time. Kraft replied, "Then you're an -----adjective----- schmuck!"

The quote was about what Kraft said to Belichick directly, and it was not that he's a miserable A.

He asked Belichick whether he had been taping signals. Belichick replied that he had. He then asked how much of a help those signals were during a game. Belichick said that they provided help on a play like 1% of the time. Kraft replied, "Then you're an -----adjective----- schmuck!"
Wrong again.

"As for Kraft, in late September, he was in Aspen for a conference and bumped into a few friends in the hotel lobby early one morning. He told them he was leaving later for Detroit, where the Patriots were playing their next game. "'I hate leaving here,' Kraft said. 'You leave here and you leave some of the most brilliant people you've ever met. You pick up so much knowledge from all of these brilliant minds. And I have to go Detroit to be with the biggest f---ing ******* [in] my life — my head coach.'"

Venecol jealous of your youthful look? That ol' bastid looks like BB's Grandma. Where do you surf?

Ocean City, Virginia Beach and Kitty Hawk, mostly. If the ladies don't wear me out, that is.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back