PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady vs. The NFL by Sean Glennon

Reaction score
Anyone read this book? I finished it a few days ago and would recommend it as a good read for any Pats/Brady fan or just a fan of quarterbacks in general. He goes through most of the great quarterbacks of all time and their careers and compares them to Brady. The other chapters are about Brady's college years and years with the Pats up until 2012.

One of my only complaints is that I was expecting a more stat oriented book. But as an overview of most of the great quarterbacks and the Brady years, it's an interesting read. He even has a chapter on Rodgers/Brees/Big Ben and Eli and the rest of the current NFL QBs. He basically comes to the conclusion that while Brees and Big Ben are future HOFers, they aren't in the top 10 of all-time talk, that Rodgers is only getting better and already has historical numbers, and the Eli "elite" talk is just a result of his own self-confidence, having Manning as a last name and being a media darling.

That's a book I have been meaning to read but never have.

Thanks for the suggestion, it will help pass some of the time between now and when rookies report to Foxboro.

The only disappointing things are:

1.)Like I said I was expecting a more stats oriented book. He does go through basic stats like TD percentage/INT percentage etc. but a lot of the rest are just his opinions.

2.)The chapter on Brady vs. Peyton - there are plenty of reasons Brady is better than Peyton, but he uses arguments from like 2003 "Manning has had better offensive weapons" etc.. And he doesn't really give Peyton any props (which he does for every other QB he talks about.) So it kind of comes off as fanboyish.

The best part of the book is just reading about QBs like Baugh, Graham, Starr, and a few unexpected ones like Jim Kelly.

I liked the book and its comparison chapters to all of the other great QB's. Good read.

I haven't fully made it through "War Room" yet, but have been chipping away at it here and there.

"Education of a coach" was also another decent book that I enjoyed, although I did find it somewhat dry at times.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back