Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tom Brady vs. Giovanni Carmazzi career stats :)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninerfan

Ninerfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks. I like to respectfully talk about football on other boards. I go in expecting the usual homerism, but this board seems like the best so far. The Niner board drives me crazy and I don't mix it up there that often. 3 out 5 threads become Alex v Kap arguments. It gets old. The only fans I like to mess with are Seahawks fans, cause, well I don't like them. :)

And if the Niners do lose, I will come back, but it won't be until monday cause I will have to sulk a little. But I will be on Sunday night to celebrate a Niners Victory!!:rocker:
  2. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah,I guess some can take the emphasis of Player over organization the wrong way,it was not intended to be disrespectful of Carmazzi,but more to show how close the 49ers could have been to a much better decade of wins,most likely anyway,in reality not one of those other QBs drafted that year other than Brady,mounted into much of anything.
  3. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 3 / -1

In the grand scheme of things...no big deal. Just a hot-button for me.

Go Pats...beat the Brady-passer-uppers!!!
  4. lurker1965

lurker1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 6 / -7

No Jersey Selected

I'm amazed no one has made GOAT vs. Goat farmer joke yet.
  5. PatsFanSince74

Ratings:
    +159 / 3 / -1

"Alex v Kap?" That's nothing! We had people out here who were arguing that we should trade Brady and keep Cassel when Tommy was hurt and Matt won 11 games in 2008.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  6. PatsFanSince74

Ratings:
    +159 / 3 / -1

And you just did...OK...that earns the "humor" exemption from my "Don't Kick a Guy when he's down" rule.
  7. lurker1965

lurker1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 6 / -7

No Jersey Selected

Dear Ninerfan,
    GFY.:) So you freely admit to being a bad winner? Will you be here to take you lumps when the 49ers inevitably lose? I'd hunt you down on a 49er board, but I have a soul and don't kick a man when he's down.

Wait a minute, take away my smiley emoticon.

BTW, still waiting how you figure not drafting Brady was worse than not drafting Plummer.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  8. Ninerfan

Ninerfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tongue in cheek my friend, not a bad winner at all. In consideration for your feelings, I will wait until after Sunday night to formally bask in my glory on Patsfans.com (again tongue in cheek). Tell you what though, if the Niners lose, then I will come on Sunday night to take any lumps. I realize this game is a huge challenge for the Niners.

As for Brady/Plummer thing, I think you have to look at it from the organization's perspective at the time of the draft. Of course now we all know Brady is great and every team misjudged him during the draft process. But in that draft, the Niners were obviously committed to drafting a QB high (as in first 3-4 rounds) and from what I recall, nobody had Brady rated that high. So in reality, there was no way the Niners were going to draft him.

Now conversely, in Plummer's draft, he was rated very high and was available for the Niners to draft at the end of Round 1. People were elated he was available and expected the Niners to take him. Heck, even Bill Walsh, who was advising the Niners at the time said to take him. But, they took Druckenmiller instead, who was absolute trash. That is why it is the worst QB pick for the Niners.
  9. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 11 / -6

OTOH, though, if he were really trying to poke fun at Carmazzi, why bring it up now? :)
  10. Wax Frog

Wax Frog Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I don't care how good or bad this thread is, I'm giving it 5 stars just for this your funny car Muzzy restaurants (which is how my voice-recognition parsed "the Giovanni Carmazzi reference") :p
  11. Wax Frog

Wax Frog Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Universal law - every team must have its own Jets :p
  12. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Including the Patriots. Let's face it - he was picked as an after thought. And let's face it again - it's stupid to gloat over something that unconsciously fortunate. Celebrate yes, gloat no.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.