PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady to be a DADDY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, what kind of a messageboard is this? It's kind of hard to hear the football talk what with all the giggling and shrieking.

what exactly in this thread's subject line made you think there was football talk going on? jeez, there are plenty of man threads. Go read one, spoil sport.

This was my first thought too. He and his family are actively Catholic so having a kid out of wedlock might be somewhat of an issue.

yeah, cause no 'active' catholics every break any of the catholic tenants, do they?
I believe Tom's sister is a single mom. I don't think it will be an issue with his family.

im Jewish, and have only been to temple a few times since my bar-mitzvah (which was in 1997)
not anything im proud of or anything
but, do u non-Jews have any idea how much it costs to belong to a temple?
try at least 5grand for a family
and if you dont belong, u hafta pay like 100 bux to get in for the high holidays
its nuts

Here's some more news. Christians pay too!

In many ways, that's what "organized" religion is about.

And before someone jumps on me, note that I'm placing the emphasis on the word "organized."

Incredibly irresponsible on both their parts, to be so careless knowing full well that they were having "relationship problems". They're too focused on their careers to stay together but it's okay to have a child outside of the relationship. They've just condemned that child, before birth, to a home without both its biological parents. Irresponsible and selfish and I'm surprised by this because they both seemed to be sensible people. Also demonstrates the hypocrisy of "christians". All the baloney about being Catholic and meeting the pope while not adhering to the important principles of the religion. At least we can now end this silly talk about Brady entering politics after he's done with football. This also makes him much more tradable should his skills continue to decline this season.

Irresponsible on her part, but she's entitled to the choice. Guys who don't want to be fathers should always put on a raincoat, just in case. I realize nothing is 100% failproof, but...that's why both the guy and the girl should protect themselves.
As for catholics and christians...they're all entitled to the same hyprocisy as any other human beings. And just as well Tom and/or his fans give up that dream of politics...it's not his calling at ALL.

As for his tradeability...HAHAHAHAHAHA...yeah, right. The Krafts won't disown him over this.

First off, there are many different types of Christians. Some Christian denominations don't have these prohibitions against sex. Secondly, in the Catholic church, sex issues and birth control are not "the important principles of Christianity." Most of these have really little to do with Christ. They're not articles of faith. They're simply dogmatic dictates created by human beings.

Mormons aren't Christians? I know a ton of Jews who don't go to temple. Hindus? Did you say Hindus? Man, the Hindu faith is one of the most rollicking good-time party faiths out there. Go to India and then tell me about people not having pre-marital sex.

I never said anything about prohibitions against sex - only about having a kid outside of a committed relationship. That's incredibly irresponsible. It's also classless to ditch a pregnant girlfriend and then immediately take up with another woman. Quite disgusting behaviour for a non-Christian, and even more disgusting for someone who pretends (directly and indirectly) to be a devout Catholic. Thank goodness the Pats still have Cassel as a role model.

When did I say that all Jews go to the temple? I said that other the followers of other religions adhere, in far greater numbers than to Christians, to the principles of their relgion. You haven't denied it so I guess you also know it's true

I guess Peyton must not have sex with his wife because he hasn't had any "accidents". The pill, used properly, has a failure rate of less than one percent. A combination of the pill with a condom or other birth control methods would lower the risk even more.

Anyway, after getting over the shock, I'm somewhat happy by this news. Now that Brady has been exposed, people will be honest about his on field performance and if need be, the Pats can upgrade the position without getting a lot of public grief.

I never said anything about prohibitions against sex - only about having a kid outside of a committed relationship. That's incredibly irresponsible. It's also classless to ditch a pregnant girlfriend and then immediately take up with another woman. Quite disgusting behaviour for a non-Christian, and even more disgusting for someone who pretends (directly and indirectly) to be a devout Catholic. Thank goodness the Pats still have Cassel as a role model.

When did I say that all Jews go to the temple? I said that other the followers of other religions adhere, in far greater numbers than to Christians, to the principles of their relgion. You haven't denied it so I guess you also know it's true

I guess Peyton must not have sex with his wife because he hasn't had any "accidents". The pill, used properly, has a failure rate of less than one percent. A combination of the pill with a condom or other birth control methods would lower the risk even more.

Anyway, after getting over the shock, I'm somewhat happy by this news. Now that Brady has been exposed, people will be honest about his on field performance and if need be, the Pats can upgrade the position without getting a lot of public grief.

Upgrade the position? Hilarious.

12 more out of wedlock and he catches up to Shawn Kemp. "Kemp has reportedly fathered 12 or 13 children out of wedlock."

Upgrade the position? Hilarious.

What I'm curious about is how do you upgrade from a 2 time SB MVP, with 3 SB rings? The man made a mistake, or maybe he didn't, I don't know anyone who lives the perfect life. It makes me think that maybe this is all about the breakup. She knew he didn't want children right away and told him she was pregnant, and that was it. What I don't like about this, is that the baby's due near the beginning of the pre-season, and it could be a possible distraction.

At least he didn't marry her and then have an affair, and then brought home a baby from the woman he had the affair with. Don't talk to me about classless, buddy. I'm living it. My husband is not famous, but he is lower than classless for what he did to me. I don't care about what's going on in Brady's life, and neither you or I have any right to judge.

"He who is without sin cast the first stone", since you want to bring religion into this. Jesus once said that. Are you so pure and self rightous that you have the right to judge the world?
What this shows me is that the guy is human just like the rest of us. He has flaws just like the rest of us. He and Bridget had problems in their relationship just like most couples. And none of us have any right to pass judgement.

Last edited:
Or she "forgot" to take her pill. It's been known to happen.

If a guy espcecially a celebrity, wants to make sure a woman does not get pregnant, it is his responsibility to practice birth control...Condoms and abstinence are your two choices here.

It is actually none of my business that Bridget is pregnant and Tom is the father. I just hate when people blame woman for "trapping" men. If a guy doesn't want some woman to get pregnant he can use a condom or keep it in his pants. The guy bears equal responsible for the pregnancy.

Last edited:
Blessings, not congratulations, are in order. And Tom Brady fathering a child by a girl he broken up with three months ago is definitely food for this forum, anyone who thinks otherwise is silly. Let's see, that means he probably knew about this around the mid-end of December 2006. He must have been beside himself.

Last edited:
Let's see, that means he probably knew about this around the mid-end of December 2006. He must have been beside himself.

If rumors are true that she flew down to Miami in a last-ditch attempt to win him back before the Fins game, I'm sure he probably knew of this while getting punished by Miami.

Or she "forgot" to take her pill. It's been known to happen.

That's what I'm thinking. As I said on pats planet when this site was down, timeline wise, it doesn't make sense that Tom knew she was preg when he left.

Allow me to demonstrate one scenario with a poorly written hypothetical skit:

November:
Bridget: Tom, I want a family.
Tom: I don't right now.
Bridget: OK, that might be a problem down the road.... *shifty eyes
Bridget "forgets birth control pills" & Tom gets her preggers.

Mid-November:
Bridget: Tom, I really want a family
Tom: I'm trying to win a Super Bowl here, honey.
Bridget: Fine, let's break up. (to self: maniacal laugh).

Last edited:
First off, there are many different types of Christians. Some Christian denominations don't have these prohibitions against sex. Secondly, in the Catholic church, sex issues and birth control are not "the important principles of Christianity." Most of these have really little to do with Christ. They're not articles of faith. They're simply dogmatic dictates created by human beings.

Mormons aren't Christians? I know a ton of Jews who don't go to temple. Hindus? Did you say Hindus? Man, the Hindu faith is one of the most rollicking good-time party faiths out there. Go to India and then tell me about people not having pre-marital sex.
Upstater, this is the second post in which you've claimed some Christian faiths do not prohibit extramarital sex. I certainly don't claim to be a theologist but if this is true it is news to me. Please educate us: exactly which Christian faiths condone extramarital sex?

There's a lot of speculation in this thread, based on very little information.

Assuming the story is true, I congratulate mother and father and add a prayer for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

In general, I think that TB is entitled to some privacy in this regard, but, since he lives a fairly public life with some highly visible women, he can't expect complete privacy. He's entitled to a respectful discussion of what this might mean for his team but he can't expect there to be silence on the subject.

As for whether this will be a distraction for him, of course it will be a distraction. We just don't know how much of a distraction. Ultimately, his teammates and coaches will be the only ones to decide whether it interferes with what he delivers on the field, and I suspect they will let him know in no uncertain terms if they think he isn't practicing or performing up to their expectations based on their knowledge of his ability.

Tom Brady has already delivered three championshiops for the Patriots and their fans--more than all but a very small handful of the thousands of Quarterbacks who have ever played his position have ever delivered for their teams. He is entitled to chart the future course of his life on his own terms.

There's a lot of speculation in this thread, based on very little information.

Assuming the story is true, I congratulate mother and father and add a prayer for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

In general, I think that TB is entitled to some privacy in this regard, but, since he lives a fairly public life with some highly visible women, he can't expect complete privacy. He's entitled to a respectful discussion of what this might mean for his team but he can't expect there to be silence on the subject.

As for whether this will be a distraction for him, of course it will be a distraction. We just don't know how much of a distraction. Ultimately, his teammates and coaches will be the only ones to decide whether it interferes with what he delivers on the field, and I suspect they will let him know in no uncertain terms if they think he isn't practicing or performing up to their expectations based on their knowledge of his ability.

Tom Brady has already delivered three championshiops for the Patriots and their fans--more than all but a very small handful of the thousands of Quarterbacks who have ever played his position have ever delivered for their teams. He is entitled to chart the future course of his life on his own terms.

Take a bow. This was the best post in this thread. Good job. :rocker:

If rumors are true that she flew down to Miami in a last-ditch attempt to win him back before the Fins game, I'm sure he probably knew of this while getting punished by Miami.

Yeah, that timing is awkward isn't it? I'm personally inclined to second guess a lot of things based on what we now know, but I think ultimately we have to leave that up to his teammates and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes