PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady to be a DADDY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, the guy knocked up his girlfriend and it becomes a public morality debate -:) I don't think he's the first or last. I've never been married and am 57 years old. Anyone who thinks I should still be a virgin can kiss my ass.

Guess that Tom had protection problems on and off the field. Can't understand a bright guy being this dumb. Hope that he holds out for a paternity test.

Or she "forgot" to take her pill. It's been known to happen.

Brady could in fact be the father and this could have been kept under wraps if Bridget truly respected Tom. Why is the publicist making official press releases but requesting for "privacy"?

Either way Tom is going to be asked questions and he will have to provide the answers. This won't hurt his performance on the field though or terribly tarnish his reputation - I even forgot that Lienart was in the exact same situation last year.

How is a pregnancy going to be kept "under wraps" if she's already three months along? Can't hide that forever. And I doubt Brady will get asked anything about it. His PR guy will issue a statememt, and that's the end of it. What, he's going to get asked questions in his football press conferences? Does Belichick get asked stuff about his affair? We get on the media a lot, but they do draw the line somewhere, at least to a guy's face.

This may be an issue for him, as having a child out of marriage will in all likelihood be an issue for him and his family.

His older sister has a child out of wedlock. I don't think the family banished them.

Assuming this to be true, I think it is a shame that Mr. Tom Terrific cannot handle his fatherly obligation in the manner we're accustomed from him.

Yes, it seems that being a dad/mom today does not mean much other than big talk.

Maybe she trapped him, maybe not. It is clear that this (if true) had something to do with the breakup (do the dates math yourself). Just own up for your responsibility as a dad and maybe you have to suffer by not globetrotting with other models.

He has lost a lot in the eyes of some. Of course, I'll still be cheering him and the Pats big time next season.

Run along little troll. I doubt Brady is the next Sean Kemp.

This has turned into one of the dumbest, most irrational, knee-jerk, holier-than-thou threads I've ever read on any board anywhere. A lot of people need to get off of their high horse and give the man a chance to be a goddamn father before they crucify him or Bridget M.

How is a pregnancy going to be kept "under wraps" if she's already three months along? Can't hide that forever.

Honestly, it's not like the papparazi are knocking down Bridget's door or anything. I mean, this wasn't even leaked out, her publicist announced it. 6 months from now she could be walking around with a baby and all it would have been is wild speculation.

This has turned into one of the dumbest, most irrational, knee-jerk, holier-than-thou threads I've ever read on any board anywhere. A lot of people need to get off of their high horse and give the man a chance to be a goddamn father before they crucify him or Bridget M.

Well said. I had no idea we had so many moralist moonbats here at patsfans. What, did people think he was dating these women and abstaining from sex? Sean Kemp he's NOT. I'll wager he'll be a better father than some of those who sit in their towers of piety and condemn him.

The good news: At least it's not Tara Reid.

I am trying to see where Tom has abrogated his responsibilities as a father if he is indeed the father. I have not seen any comments on this matter from him at all. Yes, I did make jokes about this when it came out but lets give him time to make a statement before we crucify him.

It's highly unlikely it was an accident - more than likely protection wasn't used by both or one of the parties involved.

was it hard to "judge" people 20 years ago?:rolleyes:

I don't care what they do as Christians. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of Christians, like Brady, who make a big deal about the importance of their faith yet fail to uphold the important principles of that faith. I can at least respect Muslims and Jews who actually adhere to the principles of their faith rather than believing that running to church every Sunday and blabbing when cameras are around, about the importance of their faith in their upbringing makes them devout.

i hate when ppl bring up religion with something like this
religion has to be the most blown up thing in the world
just pointless

anyway, this is def not good news
all it can be is a distraction for tom

Well said. I had no idea we had so many moralist moonbats here at patsfans. What, did people think he was dating these women and abstaining from sex? Sean Kemp he's NOT. I'll wager he'll be a better father than some of those who sit in their towers of piety and condemn him.

The good news: At least it's not Tara Reid.

hahah
thank God its not tara reid
and yes i agree, of course theyre gonna be havin sex and all
and i dont think any less of either of them

but, its def not good news, i mean who knows he might be able to handle it perfectly
but theres def a chance that it could act as a distraction

Don't know if anybody has brought this up yet - does this sound like some classic revenge tactic from Brady's (possibly scorned) ex? It just adds up IMO. This actress isn't making waves in the movie/TV biz, so why not call a little attention to herself while tarnishing Brady's reputation? The guy just ditched her for someone much younger/hotter (i.e. upgraded).

Brady could in fact be the father and this could have been kept under wraps if Bridget truly respected Tom. Why is the publicist making official press releases but requesting for "privacy"?

Either way Tom is going to be asked questions and he will have to provide the answers. This won't hurt his performance on the field though or terribly tarnish his reputation - I even forgot that Lienart was in the exact same situation last year.

When people are pregnant, they usually announce it to friends and family about 3 months in, because miscarriages are rare after that. So, the timing definitely fits with what most people do when a woman gets pregnant.

This thread needs to be closed IMO.

I don't believe a single faction of the Judeo-Christian world, or Muslim for that matter, condones premarital sex. Some of them may look the other way, but that's about it.

I don't want to take this into too much of a political or theological direction, but whether or not you believe that the bible is the inerrent and literal word of God, there is good logic behind many of its taboos, and the case in point is a perfect example.

There are a lot of Christian faiths that aren't hung up on premarital sex.

He had unprotected sex, outside of marriage - that's not a mistake, it's a CHOICE. Obviously, I didn't mean EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN, but the vast majority of Christians are hypocrites. Always ranting and yapping about God and the Bible, yet they adhere to NONE of the important principles of Christianity.

First off, there are many different types of Christians. Some Christian denominations don't have these prohibitions against sex. Secondly, in the Catholic church, sex issues and birth control are not "the important principles of Christianity." Most of these have really little to do with Christ. They're not articles of faith. They're simply dogmatic dictates created by human beings.

I respect people who actually act in a manner consistent with their claims. Hindus, Jews, Mormons and Muslims adhere to their faith in far greater numbers than do Christians and more importantly, do not claim to be devout or that their faith is important when they are NOT adhering to the principles of that faith.

Mormons aren't Christians? I know a ton of Jews who don't go to temple. Hindus? Did you say Hindus? Man, the Hindu faith is one of the most rollicking good-time party faiths out there. Go to India and then tell me about people not having pre-marital sex.

It's highly unlikely it was an accident - more than likely protection wasn't used by both or one of the parties involved.

was it hard to "judge" people 20 years ago?:rolleyes:

I don't care what they do as Christians. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of Christians, like Brady, who make a big deal about the importance of their faith yet fail to uphold the important principles of that faith. I can at least respect Muslims and Jews who actually adhere to the principles of their faith rather than believing that running to church every Sunday and blabbing when cameras are around, about the importance of their faith in their upbringing makes them devout.

I'm assuming that, because you're not too experienced in these matters, you don't know the stats on contraception. 95% effective. I personally know women who ended up pregnant while on the pill. Condoms are even less effective. Who here hasn't had one break on them? Come on. If you mess around enough, it'll happen.

Mormons aren't Christians? I know a ton of Jews who don't go to temple. Hindus? Did you say Hindus? Man, the Hindu faith is one of the most rollicking good-time party faiths out there. Go to India and then tell me about people not having pre-marital sex.

im Jewish, and have only been to temple a few times since my bar-mitzvah (which was in 1997)
not anything im proud of or anything
but, do u non-Jews have any idea how much it costs to belong to a temple?
try at least 5grand for a family
and if you dont belong, u hafta pay like 100 bux to get in for the high holidays
its nuts

I second the motion to close or move this thread.. tired of thinking :( about it..

Wow, never saw this coming. Congrats to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes