PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady talk around the media

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have absolutely no idea what goes on in the Brady household on any given day to make assumptions on who wears the pants. None.
Gee, we're not allowed to have opinions on this board? Is that it? I said what I think goes on. I am presenting my opinion and making sure it is clear that it is only an opinion, not anything based on fact. If you don't like that, then you really shouldn't participate in a forum such as this one where people give opinions left and right.

Ya know, when I make important career decisions that will affect me, my wife, our entire lives together, and any potential children we may have, I actually listen to and respect her opinion and realize it is a decision we will make together, not one I will make unilaterally.

To you, that somehow makes me inadequate. To the rest of the world, that's called being a good husband and father. Maybe someday you'll grow up and have a family and stop being so selfish. But I doubt it.

Proof of just what I said. Just like with Brady's family situation you've demonstrated you know NOTHING about mine.

Game. Set. Match.

You lose.

Proof of just what I said. Just like with Brady's family situation you've demonstrated you know NOTHING about mine.
Well I know you think that it demonstrates inadequacy for a husband to consult with, listen to and respect the opinion of his wife when making serious, life altering career decisions.
Game. Set. Match.

You lose.
Actually, I think your wife is the big loser here, being married to a chest thumper who has no respect for her opinions or desires.

Last edited:
Someday you may learn that what grown ups do when they make career decisions is they factor in what is best for themselves and their family. What do you think is going to happen? You think Tom is going to thump his chest and lay down the law for Gisele? No. What is going to happen is they are going to talk about what is best for them, their child and their future. Anyone who doesn't think she is going to have some serious sway on his decision is just clueless.

He has a wife and child based out west AND another child with another woman out there too. You people who refuse to accept this as a possibility are blind. I give it a 67% chance he stays, 33% chance he leaves.

Since when has Gisele been based out west?? The hub of the North American fashion/modeling industry is NY. They met in Miami. Both owned properties in NY. Brady bought his when he was dating an actress working on a sitcom in the Big Apple... They have sold them all in the last year as well as putting their Boston condo on the market in anticipation of splitting their time between a suburban child friendly home in this area (reportedly an estate in Brookline) and another estate they are building on the west coast. Gisele certainly lived in LA for a time when she was dating DiCaprio. Bridget hails from the east coast, her parents still live in East Longmeadow. She found work here when they were dating, and only took to the left coast when the new relationship unfolded on the heels of her pregnancy. As an actress she can work either coast, and it made sense at the time she took the one the new couple wasn't dominating... Brady's parents home remains in Northern California, although they have a home and branch of his dad's business in Boston. At least two if not all of his sisters have all lived here for the last few years. Gisele's family still resides primarily in Brazil, although the off season home was probably built with an eye for accommodating lots of family visitors... and for when it comes time for both to retire from their primary occupations...unless of course Bridget is workiing on Broadway by then... Few players live here year round or remain here post career - partly because of the weather...Gisele said recently in an interview that she can operate her business ventures from anywhere. She referred to herself as a Bostonian because she is married to someone who works in this area several months a year and her first son was born in a bathtub in the Back Bay...

In the big money era of all sports you can probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of athletes who live and work in the same city full time - unless he grew up there or that city is in a warm climate. Rodney Harrison played in SD and NE, but he lives in Alabama and did in the off season when he played here, too. Ditto Troy Brown whose wife always continued to work as a chemist in SC. Big Vince has plans for a dream home in Florida. About the only one of the dynasty era Patriots who truly made this area his home base is Tedy...and he's the epitome of the throwback.

Brady has more reasons to finish his career here than he has to play for some mythical contender in California... And as for the theorists who say he could play somewhere out west and commute home postgame - this is football, they don't commute in season because they work a 6 day week including film review and treatment on Monday's...and they travel as a team.

Since when has Gisele been based out west?? The hub of the North American fashion/modeling industry is NY. They met in Miami. Both owned properties in NY. Brady bought his when he was dating an actress working on a sitcom in the Big Apple...
And when they chose to build a $20 million mansion, they went to Brentwood, California. So yeah, I guess I am going to consider that their "base".

And when they chose to build a $20 million mansion, they went to Brentwood, California. So yeah, I guess I am going to consider that their "base".

And you don't think Brady, the California kid, had any say in that? Brady also owns a home in New York. Do you think he'll now consider offers from the Jets and Giants? Pretty much blows a hole in your "Giselle wears the pants" theory.

Actually, I think your wife is the big loser here, being married to a chest thumper who has no respect for her opinions or desires.

PWP is one of the best posters in this forum. I think it might be time you quit football conversation and just stick to politics.

And you don't think Brady, the California kid, had any say in that? Brady also owns a home in New York. Do you think he'll now consider offers from the Jets and Giants? Pretty much blows a hole in your "Giselle wears the pants" theory.
Guys, don't get so hung up on a stupid figure of speech that I threw out there. I never intended my "Gisele wear the pants" comment to be taken as the gospel truth. People are like "HOW DO YOU KNOW?!?!? HOW DO YOU KNOW?!?!?"

I think some people need to relax, look past the stupid "wears the pants" comment that was never meant to be taken this seriously, stop drinking the kool aid and ask themselves: Do you think Brady will consult with and listen to the opinion of his wife when making his career decision? Do y'all think that maybe... just maybe... the two of them will make this decision together based on what is best for them and for their child? I know that makes him an inadequate male to "PatsWickedPissah" but I think that makes him a good husband and father.

Or do you think that Tom Brady is just going to say "shut up, Gisele, we're doing this my way and if you don't like it you can get the heck out!"

PWP is one of the best posters in this forum. I think it might be time you quit football conversation and just stick to politics.
I have suggested that Tom Brady could possibly leave the team. I know my opinion is in the minority, but I had been presenting it in a manner that was respectful to the other members of this forum. PWP came back with the comment "It's dangerous to project your own inadequacies and phobias onto another person, especially when devoid of factual underpinnings."

It is a sad comment on the state of this board if that sort of completely uncalled for ad hominem comes from one of the "best posters in this forum."

Last edited:
Guys, don't get so hung up on a stupid figure of speech that I threw out there. I never intended my "Gisele wear the pants" comment to be taken as the gospel truth. People are like "HOW DO YOU KNOW?!?!? HOW DO YOU KNOW?!?!?"

There's a sharp difference between discussing things with your wife and having your wife make all of the decisions. You keep implying the latter.

I think some people need to relax, look past the stupid "wears the pants" comment that was never meant to be taken this seriously, stop drinking the kool aid and ask themselves: Do you think Brady will consult with and listen to the opinion of his wife when making his career decision? Do y'all think that maybe... just maybe... the two of them will make this decision together based on what is best for them and for their child? I know that makes him an inadequate male to "PatsWickedPissah" but I think that makes him a good husband and father.

Now I can definitely tell that you don't spend too much time in the football forums. I think that more than a few people around here can tell you that I'm not exactly a "Kool Aid drinker". That's the first huge hole in your post. The second is that I haven't said that he won't listen to the opinion of his wife. I think both of them will talk it out. However, Kraft has openly expressed his admiration of Brady and how lucky the team is to have him. Belichick has done the same, albeit to a lesser "Belichickian" extent than Kraft has. Now, when discussing it, do you think Brady is more likely to go out and play for the crazy codger Al Davis or do you think he's more likely to finish what he started with the excellent coaching staff, ownership, and better overall TEAM that we have here in New England?

Or do you think that Tom Brady is just going to say "shut up, Gisele, we're doing this my way and if you don't like it you can get the heck out!"

Do you have any proof whatsoever that Gisele would rather Brady play in San Francisco or Oakland? If so, please provide it for the forum.

Well I know you think that it demonstrates inadequacy for a husband to consult with, listen to and respect the opinion of his wife when making serious, life altering career decisions.

You are really making an ass of yourself here. Who says Brady and Gisele didn't consult each other and work this all out before they committed to marriage??? That is what most normal, committed couples do. You're the one who seems to need to believe they didn't and Tom is now relegated to doing his wife's bidding in order to keep her happy...LOL Gisele signed on knowing full well what his career and family demands would entail. And he signed on knowing she had a career to maintain as well. She has shown she is able to manage being a wife, mother, step mother and career woman and he is willing to support her career as well in his off season. That works for her too. Sounds like an ideal match to me. Good for them. Career wise Tom's ideal match remains with Belichick and Kraft.

As for real estate investments, Brady's condo in Boston cost $14M alone. His Trump Tower condo in NY cost that as well, and Gisele's two apartments together likely cost $30M+, but they were never their home base. Just places you live because it's convenient. Wealthy people invest in high end real estate whether they live in it for long or not. The existing estate in Brookline is apparently a relative bargain at $10M. Wasn't even on the market but they persued it. They probably didn't want to build here because they need to live in it ASAP...and wanted to stay close to the city rather than build in the boondocks in Dover... They will live in it 7 months a year until his career is over, and likely flip it and downsize their residence here once he retires. But he will likely always retain a presence here or close by on the east coast for post career marketing purposes. I think you just don't grasp how the truly wealthy live. And when you're also celebrity icons like this couple you basically have to live that way.

See, this is the idea that scares the living crap out of me. I think Gisele does indeed "wear the pants" in that marriage. And what would you think she thinks about her husband's career? You think she wants him to stay in New England? Or move out west?

What "scares the living crap out of me" is that there are people who would think that she, indeed, "wear(s) the pants in that marriage."

If you seriously beleive he would jsut say "well the wife is making me leave the team that took the risk and help make me what i am today so i am just going to go" I'll sell you some nice ocen front proptery in kansas

He'd buy it.

There's a sharp difference between discussing things with your wife and having your wife make all of the decisions. You keep implying the latter.
No, in one statement that was not even remotely meant to be taken seriously, I implied the latter. In every other statement I have directly stated that it will be a jointly made decision.
Now I can definitely tell that you don't spend too much time in the football forums. I think that more than a few people around here can tell you that I'm not exactly a "Kool Aid drinker". That's the first huge hole in your post. The second is that I haven't said that he won't listen to the opinion of his wife. I think both of them will talk it out. However, Kraft has openly expressed his admiration of Brady and how lucky the team is to have him. Belichick has done the same, albeit to a lesser "Belichickian" extent than Kraft has. Now, when discussing it, do you think Brady is more likely to go out and play for the crazy codger Al Davis or do you think he's more likely to finish what he started with the excellent coaching staff, ownership, and better overall TEAM that we have here in New England?
Last I checked, there were other teams in California than Oakland. And just about every team in the NFL is closer to LA than Boston.
Do you have any proof whatsoever that Gisele would rather Brady play in San Francisco or Oakland? If so, please provide it for the forum.
I am disappointed in you to resort to such an absurd question. I guess people aren't allowed to express unpopular opinions in the football forum without "proof". :rolleyes:

You have absolutely no idea what goes on in the Brady household on any given day to make assumptions on who wears the pants. None.

You are wasting your breath...or bandwidth.

You are really making an ass of yourself here.
More completely unsolicited ad hominem.
Who says Brady and Gisele didn't consult each other and work this all out before they committed to marriage??? That is what most normal, committed couples do.
That may very well have happened. And their big plan may have been "ok once the contract is up you can move out west where your family and both your children are so why don't we build a $20 million mansion since we know you're going out there eventually anyway?"

After all, nothing says "I love New England" like building a $20 million mansion in Brentwood, California.

Gee, we're not allowed to have opinions on this board? Is that it? I said what I think goes on. I am presenting my opinion and making sure it is clear that it is only an opinion, not anything based on fact. If you don't like that, then you really shouldn't participate in a forum such as this one where people give opinions left and right.

Yeah, but at least most of us at least pretend that our opinions have some basis in reality. Otherwise, "The moon is made of swiss cheese" and I dare you to say otherwise.

Are you really that obtuse? Sad.

Yeah, but at least most of us at least pretend that our opinions have some basis in reality. Otherwise, "The moon is made of swiss cheese" and I dare you to say otherwise.
What have I said that is not based in reality? Please don't respond with the "Gisele wears the pants" comment which I have already noted several times was not meant to be taken as an absolute gospel statement.

Why do so many people consider it so impossible to suggest that maybe Brady might just want to be closer to his family, his home, his son he had with Bridget, and that he and Gisele might decide it is best for the 3 of them that he move out west? Why is that scenario just not even remotely in the bounds of reality to some people in here?

Multiple people have told me I don't have the first clue what Brady is thinking. And that's true, I don't. But ya know what? Neither do you! Everyone is saying "he wants to stay with Belichick! He wants to stay with Kraft!" when fact is the people who are saying that don't have the first clue whatsoever if those are his priorities.

Last edited:

Why don't you just say, "I misspoke when I used that expression. It was an ignorant, stupid, sexist, dumbass thing to say and what I meant to say was..."

Then, maybe the one or two of us who are still getting a chuckle out of reading your posts would take you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes