PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Q&A, 8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Thanks to the good people in the Patriots’ PR department, here’s the complete transcript of Tom Brady’s Q&A with the media this afternoon at Gillette Stadium. (When it comes to hazing, I got a few questions a week or two ago as to what might be in store for the rookies. Scroll down to about [...]

More...

thanks pretty good ready, i can't wait for the season to start, baseball has done great job to make me forget about last season, but now i just wanna see the red white and blue kick ass

Is Brady an unfeeling sadist?

: Q: When you see a young quarterback like Kevin O’Connell carrying shoulder pads, do you ever think ‘That was me a long time ago’?
TB: Yeah, when I was his age I was carrying three pads - Drew’s [Bledsoe], [John] Friesz’s and [Michael] Bishop’s. He is getting off easy with one pad.

Q: Did you feel any sympathy for the quarterbacks when you were watching them against the Ravens last Thursday as they kind of struggled?
TB: No, I don’t feel sympathy at all. I think they know what they are doing. They work extremely hard. You just go out there as a quarterback and do the best that you can do. That is what they do and I am proud of them for that. They have to have confidence that things happen and you have to bounce back and do well on the next play. It is not like as a quarterback you have good play after good play. Sometimes things don’t go right and you have to rebound and make the next play a good play. Those guys work extremely hard and I think we have a good quarterback group.

We report. You decide.

Considering the guy carrying the pads may have been drafted to replace him....

I think thats a little far off, whats brady got like 9 years left?

I find his comments on Chad Jackson very interesting.

Brady always compliments his team and its players.

No compliments for Chad Jackson.

What stuff had Jackson done to warrant a compliment from anyone, let alone the starting QB?

Q: Wide receiver Chad Jackson has struggled a little bit so far. Is there anything he can do to help get him on the same page as the quarterback?
TB: I think any young player always has to get on the same page. He works hard and he comes out every day with things he wants to work on. Coaches are coaching him hard. Some days it clicks and some days it doesn’t click and you go back and try something new. We have all been through that. We had Jeff Hostetler out here yesterday telling us that he didn’t play quarterback for his first six and half years. When you hear stories like that I think it inspires a lot of people.

How is that negative at all? If anything, he was most certainly defending Jackson from the media.

5 or 6, but still way off.

If he's like some quarterbacka out there, he's got like 8 or 9 left. I dont care, I hope he stays long enough to get ripped on by fans for staying to long. Alot of players come and go, but we only get one Tom Brady.

How is that negative at all? If anything, he was most certainly defending Jackson from the media.
Read between the lines. Brady gushes over a player when he can. It says a lot when he's compelled to defend a particular player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back