PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady doesn't think you should care about football...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I think god has the barby and beer going every sunday. Infact, I think god is a Raiders fan.

The only thing that I read into it was that it was a not-so-subtle dig at Tony Dungy.

My interpretation of the comments, isn't to the fans, but the insane spotlight that is on him off the field...you know, when he is going out in NY city and there are 30 paparazzi following him...he is saying that what he does for a living shouldn't garner that type of attention....I think he is referring more to his celebrity status, not fans of his football game....

He seems like the type of guy who is so down to earth and humble that he can't wrap his mind around, or reconcile, the fact that he plays a game for a living - a game he lives and dies for - but still a game and he gets paid insane amounts of money and cannot understand how people spend so much time paying attention to him off the field..

Last edited:
Read between the lines of the quote...

hes making his stand as a man of strong religious beliefs as God being his ultimate higher power...that's fine. His interpretation of said religion is one where football is of no importance..understandable. He then goes on to say that fans shouldn't care for football as it is really has no value on God's grand scale...fine, understandable....

Guess what Tom, your still making an unbelievable amount of cash every single year completely as a result of the game your playing. Because of who? Us, the fan populace...The ones who are providing you with the life that so many would give up their limbs for...and he still continues to play, with both the savvy that God doesn't care and neither should we..to reap the benefits of playing such a trivial game.

maybe you understand where I'm coming from now?

although its irrelavant to the point..i don't believe in God, but Tommy does, and should act accordingly

I think it is also the case that God doesn't care much about money either. So how it an exploitation then?

Wow, respect for Brady -a lot. For the second time. First being this offseason when he stopped trying for the parking spot.

I can't look at him the same way anymore

I see you totally missed the point of the article which is he wishes the likes of you would stop looking at him altogether. He plays the game to win. He's learned to live with the sad fact that for a lot of overwrought fanboys and armchair coaches and giddy celebrity watchers that isn't good enough and they want/expect/demand more of him if not a word with him or a say in his life... He gets that you're the misguided ones with the warped level of expectations and that enables him to just dismiss all your rubbish and push on as if you don't exist.

Belichick has a similar mindset. That is why they are such a great tandem and so good in unison at keeping this team pretty consistently focused on the important goals.

Wow, respect for Brady -a lot. For the second time. First being this offseason when he stopped trying for the parking spot.

I can't look at him the same way anymore

Goodness. This is crazy.

I hope you look at everyone else that did not try for a spot the same way.

Wow, what a ridiculous direction this thread headed in. I'm speechless about some of the stupidity.

Wow. The only thing he's doing is downplaying the importance that people place on him for being good with a football. He's saying that there are far more important things in life. He's saying that he's no big deal. And it wouldn't matter if he mentioned God, Allah, Buddha, Odin, or no god in particular. Take any religious reference out of the article and the message remains the same.

I'm as non-religious as you can get, but I know that someone just mentioning God doesn't necessarily mean that they're preaching.

I can guarantee that Brady loves the support he gets; he's just one of the few sports icons who will admit that, in the grand scheme, he's really not that important. In other words, it's just football.

Relax, yo.

Yeah, the guy wants to be left alone when he's not "at work".

Oh the horrors.

I think Brady drops jaws all over the NFL and retires at the top of his game ala Jim Brown. He's working toward a normal life. Be nice if some other QB's could get some similar perspective.

I think that the writer lost his mind somewhere in the piece - I mean it reads like he trying WAY to hard to be profound and highlight his writing ability, ya know? I read that and said, "Yea, that's cool - but what the hell is this dude saying?"

:yeahthat:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that the guy was trying way too hard to be witty and erudite. :)

I don't want to be a 'spiritual' person. I have to DISAGREE with TB. If humans didn't exist, how could we possibly have a football game?

'Fate' determines everything. Loosing your leg, arm, job, or life has nothing to do with your fault sometimes.

You go to work every day and work hard. In the end, you loose your job because your company goes down. If some idiots pull the triggers in your office and the bomb explodes, you die or seriously hurt.

Is it your fault that your country owns 5 trillion dollars?

I don't think that there is any 'God'. 'Fate' and 'God' are two different things. If God created people, why would he not accept his responsibility for our failure when he could prevent it from hapening? BTW, it's a f*ck*** up God if you ask me.

I don't want to be a 'spiritual' person. I have to DISAGREE with TB. If humans didn't exist, how could we possibly have a football game?

'Fate' determines everything. Loosing your leg, arm, job, or life has nothing to do with your fault sometimes.

You go to work every day and work hard. In the end, you loose your job because your company goes down. If some idiots pull the triggers in your office and the bomb explodes, you die or seriously hurt.

Is it your fault that your country owns 5 trillion dollars?

I don't think that there is any 'God'. 'Fate' and 'God' are two different things. If God created people, why would he not accept his responsibility for our failure when he could prevent it from hapening? BTW, it's a f*ck*** up God if you ask me.

If I take a job as an accountant for the 8-Track tape company, is it my fault at all when the company goes belly-up?

If I take a job as an accountant for the 8-Track tape company, is it my fault at all when the company goes belly-up?

you sound like you are the ONE who RUNs the company when you are not. If your boss doesn't see what you are up to, he is an idiot. If he lets you do that, you are his scapegoat after the company goes down.

I hope you have a 'free jail' card or 5 millions dollars after doing serious time.

you sound like you are the ONE who RUNs the company when you are not. If your boss doesn't see what you are up to, he is an idiot. If he lets you do that, you are his scapegoat after the company goes down.

I hope you have a 'free jail' card or 5 millions dollars after doing serious time.

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what I meant when I wrote that.

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what I meant when I wrote that.

I know what you meant. You don't know what I meant. How did you screw up your company account without your boss knowledge?

Do you seriously think that nobody looks at your work and wonders what happens?

Yeah, he should just sit up there and march us around on invisible strings and make all the decisions for us and make sure there is NO possible way we could ever get hurt.

Stick an invisible God-finger in that volcano before it errupts. Put a little divine duck tape on that bridge before it collapses. Change our minds for us when we are about to do something foolish that will hurt/kill us or other people.

ANYTHING to make sure we are all safe and happy. That is his job, right? To make sure we are all safe and happy?

If we ever do create sentient computers, I sure hope they aren't as self centered and unappreciative as we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes