PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady buys 1,500 laptops for underpriviledged kids in Uganda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady's sister lives in Uganda

Wait, no, don't tell me...

"...and lives on 12 dollars a day and it would be nice if Brady spread a little of his wealth to her..."

Sorry, wrong messiah, wrong forum :D

"...and lives on 12 dollars a day and it would be nice if Brady spread a little of his wealth to her..."

Are there condominiums in Uganda?

If there are,Brady's sister lives in one :D

3E913208BC.jpg

Stuff like this from Tom you won't see or hear on ESPN,Only his flings with women and other negative stuff

Although the article's writer seems to slight a dig at Brady as if Tom is only doing this to get some retrobution out of this by signing some type of advertizing deal as a pitchman being the reason behind his generosity.

I didn't post the original article as posted from the herald as many of you refuse to click on anything Herald related so I used this article link instead

Tom Brady Teams Up With OLPC - PC World

all those same kids that are wearing 19-0 tshirts

And more useful. What do kids in Uganda need with laptops? I would think that clean water, shelter, food, electricity, roads and safety would be higher on their wish lists. And schools too, but ones with books, pencils, paper, blackboards, chalk, desks & teachers. Laptops? L-L-Laptops? Give me a break.

Hint: A laptop is a LOT cheaper than multiple years of textbooks.

Companies tie in pr moves to advertising programs all the time. It's nice, but this is not Tom taking his own cash and purchasing labtops to be sent to poor kids for nothing. He didn't pay a dime for those pc's. Pc World dontated those labtops, slapped Tom's name on the donation, and got a big time endorsement from a top QB in the NFL. It's that simple.

At least some kids got some pc's though.

PC World takes advertising money; it doesn't spend it.

And like other computer trade press, it's hurting badly anyway. Spending that kind of money would in no way result in greater revenue coming back.

haven't read the whole article, but it might be that cool little laptop made to be ultra-cheap, that you crank up to power it (I sh*t you not.) I believe they were under 200, and aimed for exactly this type project.

Anyway good for Tom whether he spent his own money or lent his name and image to the project (which at that level is a donation in itself.)

The measure of a good or a bad man may not be in charity. But the measure of more or less charity certainly is.

PFnV

Charity is not determined by how much "money" one gives away. Charity comes in many forms....Mr PFiVA;)

Why not give the laptops to poor kids in Boston where he earns his money. Is Uganda internet ready?

Idi Amin pioneered real-time "feeds."

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore