PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady body shamed on social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Tom Brady Being Called Out Of Shape After Photo Appears Online

New England Patriots QB Tom Brady remains at the top of the football world despite entering his 40s. He’s coming off a season in which he made his seventh Super Bowl appearance and threw for over 4,500 yards with the third-highest completion percentage (66.3) of his career. Yet, when a photo surfaced of him shirtless online late last week, his accomplishments didn’t shield him from Internet users calling him out of shape.

My opinion, bodybuilding does not equal 5 time Super Bowl winning Hall of Fame quarterback. And haters gonna hate.

Given his diet and band/training style, he'll develop muscles differently than people would expect. Plus, he's 40 years old. The guy has the willpower to do pretty much what he wants in training/life style regimen.

Just file this under haters are gonna hate.

Given his diet and band/training style, he'll develop muscles differently than people would expect. Plus, he's 40 years old. The guy has the willpower to do pretty much what he wants in training/life style regimen.

Just file this under haters are gonna hate.
From that other thread, Brady trains for elasticity and pliability. He says it keeps him healthy. I believe it does. Could he benefit from having more muscle mass? Yeah, I think so, but there is a cost, because that takes time. And it takes more recovery. And more muscle mass also requires more time to get warmed up and work to maintain mobility. What Brady does, works for him. You always want to improve, but remember also, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:
Screen_Shot_2016-08-17_at_10.48.11_AM.png

Whenever I see him under center, I always think to myself that this is the perfect, lab-created build of an NFL quarterback. Sports has shown over and over again that the league's greatest player is often just fundamentally perfect, not necessarily flashy or having a Calvin Klein underwear model body. Think Babe Ruth, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Montana. It's the mental edge, - the fundamentals, and the vision.

I don’t think he's fazed by it..:rolleyes: Gisele seems pretty fond of him. The outlets making it seem like a recent occurrence of him “letting himself go” are absurd, he’s always looked like this - it’s nothing new.

Brady has never looked like a body builder. I've never seen him with a 6 pack before either....and he's done just fine over the years.

He doesn't need to look like Leonidas in order to play QB. It's just not necessary.

Last edited:
In contast look at Cristiano Ronaldo’s body, and he has zero world cups.

I don't know it is a little surprising to see he lacks abs. I hit the weights 3-4 times a week and run about 20 miles a week, I am 42 and I have abs. He definitely must eat much healthier than me, as I enjoy my craft brews and pasta/bread.

I don't know it is a little surprising to see he lacks abs. I hit the weights 3-4 times a week and run about 20 miles a week, I am 42 and I have abs. He definitely must eat much healthier than me, as I enjoy my craft brews and pasta/bread.

It's the TB method, IMO. Remember Alex G. was telling Gronk to "not do squats" and during the Tom vs. Time documentary...Edelman was saying he would never stop lifting weights when talking to Brady/Amedola.

I don't care if Brady has a pot belly as long as he throws for 466+ yards in the Superbowl like he did the last 2 years......amazing...

I see nothing wrong with Brady’s body. He’s an athlete, not a bodybuilder or fitness junkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes