PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To Patriots Fans ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people should be able to post whatever they want.

Even when they Pats win they've been attacked for not winning the right way.

1. Pats called cheaters against Jets
2. Wilfork called dirty for injuring Losman
3. Vrabel called dirty for trying to get Anderson and getting pushed down.
4. Cowboys whine about penalties and Crayton says we'll see them in Arizona
5. Miami complains about Pats throwing deep.

I guarantee some Redskin mouths off.

In the end it's all smacktalk and patsfans will find humility if the Patriots DO NOT win the Superbowl. Patsfans had to hear it all offseason with the loss to the Colts where calls could have gone either way.

Either the colts or pats will ahve to endure smacktalk until they meet again in the postseason, so until then I think the Pats fans should enjoy the winning because one day we'll be back to the cellar.

Have you ever read other teams Forum's? You get banned if you look at there team wrong on most. You don't talk smack about there team like they do on our board without getting the boot.

This is a Pats board for Pats fan. If you Visit BE NICE!

some people are pretty delusional. the skins don't stand a chance

I'm not quite sure you are correct in stating that we don't let opposing fans in. I think the only fans we tend to bash no matter what they say are Cowboy fans. That's because.. well.. they're Cowboy fans.

At first, I thought all of you Patriot fans were arrogant jerks. I was wrong. Most of you guys are pretty chill.

just wondering, but "To Patiots Fans ONLY"...and when the guy who started it, at the end says he only wants pats fans responding...well...wuts the difficulty in understanding that?

i admire ur opinion, but if the thread says dont post...dont post...

and i say that will all the kindness in the world, b/c i also would like some of our fans here to respond a little more respectfully to other teams fans who come, and we have been a little cruel lately and defensive

I have been reading alot of our threads especially those in which other teams fans come to join in friendly conversation.

I have to say that this season seems to bring out our worst.

our team is 7-0 and perhaps the best team in the NFL this year if not ever.

But the tone of our responses is extremely arrogant, demeaning, and bullying.

The problem is this really reflect bad on our ENTIRE FAN BASE. The Patriot players are responsible for the great season mates not us. Yet we thump our chest like we have some part in their success. I say we should start acting like the Patriot players do and respect our opponents.

We can surely find a way to tell Skin fans that we beleive the patriots will win without say "BECAUSE I SAID SO" or "HAVEN"T YOU WATCHED FOOTBALL".

MAN it is only week 8 - How will we be acting 6 weeks from now....

PS - If you are a fan from another team please refrain from posting - you should know by now your opinions may be discouinted

If you are worried about the reputation of THE ENTIRE FAN BASE or yourself because of sniping on fan websites, you may need to either lighten up or see Dr. Phil. I'd like to think my reputation stands on its own. True, it's rotten, but I alone own it.

It's entertainment, we should treat it as such and try not to take it personal, ever.

Just my 2¢

But the tone of our responses is extremely arrogant, demeaning, and bullying.

The problem is this really reflect bad on our ENTIRE FAN BASE. The Patriot players are responsible for the great season mates not us. Yet we thump our chest like we have some part in their success. I say we should start acting like the Patriot players do and respect our opponents.

I agree with the above.

Every team's fan thinks/hopes/prays their team has a chance to win every week.

Every week, atleast one fan of the opposition comes here, and posts, in a respectable way, that they think their team has a chance, without throwing any insult at the patriots;

And every week, the response from many on this forum is to insult the original poster & insult the opposition.

This team is going to lose one week; that week may be this year, next year, or the year after. There's no reason to act like the team is invincible; and there's no reason to act hostiley.

Enjoy the fact that we have what appears to be the best Patriots team ever, and respectfully disagree with opposition team's fans, perhaps by pointing out stats, not by namecalling

And please don't call someone a moron, idiot, a-hole, douche bag, etc, just because they disagree with you. True Patriots have more class than that.

Yes but more than once I have seen posters from other teams get jumped on without even uttering a bad word. The child like responses that have infiltrated this site in the last few years have really gotten old and make this site a shadow of its former glory where we would talk football and let other teams fans come in and welcome them if they wanted to talk also.

While there are some posters acting as you guys described, this message board isn't nearly that bad. Check the ESPN message boards and you'll realize just how downright nasty some opposing fans are being toward the Patriots, and you'll witness some pathetic behavior from our fellow Pats fans. There's also been an increased amount of infighting among this very Patriots Nation. That my friends isn't a welcome sight.

I've never been one to jump on someone without reason, and I usually give other posters a hard time for doing so, but these type of name calling, chest thumping, and arrogant post have become far to common throughout the entire web. It's a sad but true realization.

- SP

While there are some posters acting as you guys described, this message board isn't nearly that bad. Check the ESPN message boards and you'll realize just how downright nasty some opposing fans are being toward the Patriots, and you'll witness some pathetic behavior from our fellow Pats fans. There's also been an increased amount of infighting among this very Patriots Nation. That my friends isn't a welcome sight.

I've never been one to jump on someone without reason, and I usually give other posters a hard time for doing so, but these type of name calling, chest thumping, and arrogant post have become far to common throughout the entire web. It's a sad but true realization.

- SP

I agree with what you said...With this added --
And just because people on other forums are idiots doesn't mean it should be tolerated on this forum.

Even if we act humble on OUR site, fans across the country are still going to call us arrogant, etc. Opposing fans tend to look at a dominating team like the Patriots and project their feelings of jealousy & envy upon the team, the players and our fans.

I think I may have done this a few times with the 49ers, Steelers and Cowboy dynasties in the past. I think it's natural because people get sick & tired of watching one team win so much.

But now that WE are experiencing it, we can see how stupid and unfair it is. Just look at the number of opposing fans who claim Tom Brady is arrogant. Please spare me...I've never seen a star consistently show the humility that Brady has since the day he came here. If his permanent grin bothers people, then THEY have issues.

But then again, I hated the hole in Bradshaw's chin for years!:cool:

I must say that this year the anti-Patriot sentiment has been taken to a new level and we've been attacked from every available front. So when/if we get a fan of another team who comes in here and wants to call us arrogant & the like, we naturally go off on him/her...and I think that's fine.

If they don't like our attitude, EFF 'EM!

P.S. Thanks to shmessy for unlocking this thread! ;)

Last edited:
contact ian instead.

There is a big difference in stating an opinion and spamming the board with the same post over and over again.

I'm not a mod on this forum but I can tell you that the mod's here are doing exactly what Ian wants. I think you will find that out when/if you hear back from Ian.

Guess what? We don't regulate attitude on this board.

I'll repeat: No politics, no harsh vulgarity, no personal threats or insults, no spamming and no senseless trolling.

Hurting someone's feelings, while regrettable, is not our police beat. In society, there will be some harsh critics, some unfair ones, some kind ones and some Pollyannas.

It's the risk that exists with an open and free board that welcomes fans of all teams. I think that freedom is a strength of this board and the closed doors of other boards are their weakness.
I'm not saying you have to moderate it, I'm just asking individual posters not to be embarassing by talking needless trash.

I think some of us are kneejerk about it, and others of us are REACTING to the typically baseless nonsense that EVERY OPPOSING FANBASE has been bringing in here for YEARS now. Meanwhile, as soon as I'm about to chastise those of us who just sort of automatically get jerky with the out-of-towners, said out-of-towners start flailing away.

You jump all over posters of rival team when they are nothing but respectful. Pathetic.

There are jerks in every crowd, so there's not much you can do about that.

And yes we are not directly responsible for the team being 7-0 but you can't tell me that the crowd support, sellouts and buying of merchandise does not help the team in some way whether it be emotionally or financially.

Bob Kraft was able to build a new stadium because of the support of the fans. I imagine Gillette is more comfortable for the players than the dump they were in previously. That can partly thank us for that.

People often forget, if we don't show up, it won't be long until there are no more games. The bottom line is that they don't play football for free and somebody needs to ultimately foot the bill and thats us. You can say its Bob Kraft but if he isn't making the money back from us how long do you think he stays in business?

In a way we are all part owners and every hard earned dollar we spend on this team helps in some small way to make it better.

Your not getting a real read on fans via the internet. People discover that on message boards you get more attention if your over the top. So they say stupid things they probably don't even agree with IRL to get attention..

Most fans are pretty fun and low key IRL. In some ways the internet is a bad thing for fans. It connects you to an entire subculture of people that seem to think because their sports team is good there town and area is vastly superior - or at least they act that way.

I look at it the way most fans do. It's really fun to have a team that's great - if it's the one you been rooting for forever.

Pete

The sports team from my area is superior to the sports team from your area.

And I mean that in the most arrogant and classless way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes