PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

to everyone expecting to win the SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the odds of winning the superbowl are even. Lets face it, Oakland, Detroit, San Fransisco, Cleveland, Miami, etc, have no chance in winning the superbowl. I look at it in a few ways. One is the chance in making it to the playoffs. 2/3 of the teams wont even make it to the playoffs, so you know that in tough conferences and divisions, the middle to bottom teams really have no shot. Etc. So really, our odds are fairly good from the start. Obviously its no given, but our odds are definately higher than any other team. And as a gambler, you go with odds. I would put everything on winning the SB, but if the odds are right, I'd put enough on it.

Evey team has a chance to win the Super Bowl.

I don't think even the original poster was claiming anything like even odds for all teams...15% X 32 teams = 480%, after all!

thanks for making this comment, I was going to make this comment myself.

In fact, 15% chance is more like a 1 in 6 chance, which seems reasonable considering you still have the Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos, and (insert this year's surprise team) to contend with.

It's completely justified to be excited about this upcoming season but to act like a Superbowl is automatic is just silly. There are too many factors. Brady pops a knee in camp and everything changes.

Go wash your mouth with soap! :mad: :mad:

Hartwell would be sweet. I'm having a hard time gauging Seau's interest in returning as a backup reserve role. I hope he want's to come back. In this stage of his career it is the perfect opportunity for him to win a ring and to stay relatively healthy and fresh .

Then again he may leave for San Diego via the Donnie Edwards departure. He proved alot of doubters wrong last season and I'm sure the Chargers took notice. If not for the freak injury he may have completed an entire season for the first time in awhile.

I don't think even the original poster was claiming anything like even odds for all teams...15% X 32 teams = 480%, after all!

I'm no math whiz but I knew something didn't quite add up!

I think we are the best team in the NFL, but our odds (or anyones odds) of winning the SB are less than 15%. don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
Of course I'll be disappointed if we don't win the superbowl. I was disapointed last year and the year before, and I was disappointed for almost a half-century at one point.

We control our own odds, but the, "We've won it already," attitude on here needs to stop ASAP. It's horrible karma.
To that I say AMEN!

I don't know about anyone else here but aren't we still a bit lame on ILB depth?

The picks we took late are not really guaranteed LB replacements,I still think if there is a decent ILB still out there in FA we will need one,I don't care how many superstars we will have on offense,If we can't stop the run or pressure the pass we will be watching the SB without NE in it.

IMO we should have taken Harris,Posluzsny (could probably play inside if needed) Siler or any of the top ILBs instead of the SF trade.

IMO we should have taken Harris,Posluzsny (could probably play inside if needed) Siler or any of the top ILBs instead of the SF trade.
Wasn't the SF trade for our first round pick? Not a value spot for Siler as the Chargers took him late in the seventh round (pick #240)

Don't think Pos could play inside for Pats, either. Harris would have been nice.

Where do you get that 15% figure from?

I remember back in the mid-'90s when the 49ers and Cowboys were dominant, a friend of mine would put big preseason bets on the two teams and rake in the dough. With your 15% figure you're saying that the chance that, say, the Patriots OR Colts OR Chargers win is less than 50% I'm not so sure.

if you take the Chargers/Colts/Patriots, and I take the rest of the NFL, it would be about 50/50 I think.

if you just like the Pats, then go to Vegas and bet on them to win the SB. Vegas will give you 4-1. easy money for you, right??

Sorry, I didn't realize Vegas had anything to do with the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye