PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To all the haters in the media who are calling for 8-16 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it the more I think the league will cover their own butts, give the team a fine and tell Brady to sit for a game just for not giving Wells the phone and that's it.

Less of a chance of appeal on a flawed report and in the league's eye it probably won't open that pandora's box.
They might 'negotiate' with brady about what discipline he is willing to take without dragging them to court.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
The fact that they invested so much resources into this investigation, to come out and say he is "probably" guilty then they HAVE to levy a stiff fine or else they have no credibility with regard to investigation.
They HAVE to suspend him because they can't just put all this energy into the investigation only to say yeah he's guilty (probably) but we only gonna fine him 25,000 dollars...so what was the point of all this again?

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
at this point, I don't think it matters..........there's no version of this where goodell doesn't get pooped on in a major way

at this point, I don't think it matters..........there's no version of this where goodell doesn't get pooped on in a major way
Sadly the perception on brady also wont change unless somehow they go all out in the open to prove they are innocent which as yee said is a sh**ty way of defending oneself.

Sadly the perception on brady also wont change unless somehow they go all out in the open to prove they are innocent which as yee said is a sh**ty way of defending oneself.

Tom Brady is awesome.......I don't care what anyone has to say about Tom Brady......it's all envy and jealousy anyway

Because the only thing Good*ll cares about is appeasing the media, I think he's (through Vincent?) going to hand out a punishment that is far, far too stiff. (Keep in mind that IMO anything more than a $5000 fine would be too stiff)

Brady will have to sue and will. And he'll win. Hopefully Goodell gets taken down in the process and never works in sports again. I wouldn't even be upset if it took the NFL down too. Brady doesn't deserve this; the NFL does.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
I think that if those who want to nail Brady are smart they'd dole out a fine instead of suspension. They would be ripped for "letting him off easy" but if they went for the suspension there would be vigorous backlash and the suspension would almost certainly be tossed out anyhow.

But the league office isn't smart. They are spiteful ****s and I won't be surprised if they try to go for a suspension. I'll have my popcorn ready if that's the case.
If I am Tom I would fight a fine just as hard and simultaneously be happy I don't have to worry about missing a game. I definitely would not just give in and by public opinion admit guilt just because no suspension was levied.

This is an equipment violation. It doesn't carry with it, according to the NFLs rules, a suspension. But I doubt the NFL has the guts to follow their own rules. They're afraid people will say Brady got off too easy. The league has put itself in this position, now Brady has to pay for their mistakes. That's what's going on here.

Last edited:
Folks speculating that Brady might retire as a response forget that he sincerely loves playing and intends to pay at age 40 and beyond if possible. NFW he "retires" in a fit of pique.

This is an equipment violation. It doesn't carry with it, according to the NFLs rules, a suspension. But, I doubt the NFL has the guts to follow their own rules. Their afraid people will say Brady got off too easy. The league has put itself in this position, now Brady has to pay for their mistakes. That's what's going on here.
If he is suspended, it will be for his subversion of rules and "failure to cooperate".

If he is suspended, it will be for his subversion of rules and "failure to cooperate".

No, it will be because the league office is too chicken **** to point out that this is a very minor infraction.

I hope to God they suspend him. This will go right to court and the report will get tossed. In the process, the league office will be made to look like the dumb asses they really are. But I've actually backtracked on this. Goodell, while an idiot, isn't stupid enough to suspend him and have that happen. Even he knows it's probably better to simply fine Brady.

Which is why that coward goodell handed over the punishment decision to troy vincent. so he wont have to appear in court to answer how he came up with the punishment based on weak circumstantial evidence at best that was investigated by a law firm that fought on behalf of the NFL against players with concussion problems. Not to mention them hiring a gun for hire firm to do the PSI test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back