PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To All Our Redskin Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell are you talking about? Who's changing reality? Your the one trying to stereotype an entire nation of Redskins fans based on solely on what you've chosen to acknowledge as 'your reality' over the past 14 years! To be so enthralled with an idea that EVERYONE on planet earth behaves the way your neighbors do is both ignorant and just plain stupid.

You should read your posts again. They really make no sense. You're just basically saying, "I live in Virginia. Therefore, I have the right to pre-judge everyone. Whatever I say is right, and if you don't agree with me, you're in denial."

To the rest of you, enjoy the game. Watch out for Mike Sellers. Dude's a friggin load to bring down. ;)

Yawn...

Same old song and dance.

Everyone on the local radio picking the Redskins to win. Why? Because they are the Redskins, of course. And clearly they are better than they are!

Each week, each season. The Redskins are better than they are.

Correction: TWO good defenses and one great offense.

Other than that, spot on!

If you truly think the Pats Defense is even in the same league as the skins you ( with respect) do not know much about the game. Pats D only ranks high due to the explosive Pats O. Any D looks or would look good stat wise when an O puts up 35 on everyone by halftime. Trust me ... Pats O will struggle this week, but by the 4th Q i would expect them to have much more success because skins vanilla offence only plays the first 2 quarters of a game and will leave the best D(skins) in the NFL on the field for way too long. If pats are unable to run the ball brace yourself for an upset...

If you truly think the Pats Defense is even in the same league as the skins you ( with respect) do not know much about the game. Pats D only ranks high due to the explosive Pats O. Any D looks or would look good stat wise when an O puts up 35 on everyone by halftime. Trust me ... Pats O will struggle this week, but by the 4th Q i would expect them to have much more success because skins vanilla offence only plays the first 2 quarters of a game and will leave the best D(skins) in the NFL on the field for way too long. If pats are unable to run the ball brace yourself for an upset...

Well I disagree with you...Belichick is as good a Defensive coach as there has ever been, and their front 7 is very tough with Seymour, Wilfolk, Warren, Vrabel, Bruschi, Thomas...That is a big, physical defense that will be very difficult to run against.

Well I disagree with you...Belichick is as good a Defensive coach as there has ever been, and their front 7 is very tough with Seymour, Wilfolk, Warren, Vrabel, Bruschi, Thomas...That is a big, physical defense that will be very difficult to run against.

Doubly so given the fact that I bet Campbell is on a REAL short leash with his passes. My gues is what we do with all yound QB's..... Stop the run, make him beat us with his arm. Good luck with that ;)

You Disagree with what exactly? A Defensive stats etc is not dramatically inflated by playing with a huge lead in every game from start to finish is something hopefully you would not disagree with. I dont expect washington to run all that well only due to the injuries to the offensive line. Even in the bad years (other that spurrier) skins ran the ball well in every game. Last 6 or 7 games of the year in 06 They had the best rushing O in the nfl even with a back up running back. Im surly not saying the Pats D is bad, just stating that this year as the first 7 weeks, Washington is much better and doing so aginst better opponents

You Disagree with what exactly? A Defensive stats etc is not dramatically inflated by playing with a huge lead in every game from start to finish is something hopefully you would not disagree with. I dont expect washington to run all that well only due to the injuries to the offensive line. Even in the bad years (other that spurrier) skins ran the ball well in every game. Last 6 or 7 games of the year in 06 They had the best rushing O in the nfl even with a back up running back. Im surly not saying the Pats D is bad, just stating that this year as the first 7 weeks, Washington is much better and doing so aginst better opponents

I disagree with your statement that the Pats D isn't "in the same league" as the Redskins D. I think both are Top 5 defenses.

Out of all the teams' fanbases that have come here, the Redskins fans are the only ones where most of them (except for CoachJoe and some others) survive on stat guides without any context. I've never seen a more Strato-matic driven fanbase.

Actually you are 180 degrees from the truth there.

Let's see if YOU know football:

Q: What does a team with a big lead do in the 2nd half? Do they a) leave all their starters in on defense and blitz alot or b) mix in 2nd stringers to lessen the possibility of injury in a rout while playing nickel and dime?

Are the Redskins a better D unit? Perhaps. But not by much. They have worked under VERY different conditions than the Pats D this year (except for the Detroit "Lions" game). And when the Patriots get Richard Seymour back soon, the debate becomes even easier.

Summary: Two good D's, One GREAT O

Out of all the teams' fanbases that have come here, the Redskins fans are the only ones where most of them (except for CoachJoe and some others) survive on stat guides without any context. I've never seen a more Strato-matic driven fanbase.

Actually you are 180 degrees from the truth there.

Let's see if YOU know football:

Q: What does a team with a big lead do in the 2nd half? Do they a) leave all their starters in on defense and blitz alot or b) mix in 2nd stringers to lessen the possibility of injury in a rout while playing nickel and dime?

Are the Redskins a better D unit? Perhaps. But not by much. They have worked under VERY different conditions than the Pats D this year (except for the Detroit "Lions" game). And when the Patriots get Richard Seymour back soon, the debate becomes even easier.

Summary: Two good D's, One GREAT O

Fantasy football reigns supreme in Redskinsville. Basically what I have been saying. Everything is fantasy football.

FACT: The Redskins defense is not as good as the 2003 and 2004 Patriots. 2003 Pats set a record for fewest points allowed at home, multiple shut outs. 2004 Pats were #2 in the league behind the Squealers, after playing THE MOST DIFFICULT REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE IN NFL HISTORY AND STILL MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.

FACT: The 2007 Patriots defense has a lot of those players still, and also some other great players.

FACT: Both defenses are pretty good. Neither is world class at this point.

Stop trying to inflate how good the Redskins defense is. They are not setting any records like the 2003-2004 Pats or the Ravens of 2000, or any other legendary defense.

The Redskins defense is good within the context of WHO THEY HAVE PLAYED THIS SEASON, a weak season which is dominated by a small handful of teams.

In the grand scheme of things the Redskins defense is just another defense at just another point in time during 88 years of NFL football. NO BIG DEAL. No record breaker. No '85 Bears. JUST ANOTHER PRETTY GOOD D.

Jealousy is a disease, and the entire country is sick. They are all just mad we have some very good sports teams to root for at the moment. I mean honestly , the redskins and the nationals?

Oh please they are just sour.
Well, the Celtics have stunk for years.

Do they have a 2 week waiting period for account activation? If so I'm sure that works great to keep the trolls down, by the time the trolls get in their team's already been beat. :D

Regarding what they're saying....I think they're right, I saw half a dozen or so Redskins fans come in here, knowing that they probably weren't going to win, but still wanting to talk about football, most have been respectful and even praising of the Pats and they've been met pretty rudely with alot of blow hard arrogance on this board. It's not like they're division rivals and spouting off the same BS, we only see them once every few years. That's not how Pats fans used to be, we were for the most part humble like our team. It's changing and I think we are becoming more like Red Sox fans, I know that's what the local media wants since half the articles written about the Pats have baseball references in them. :eek:

Don't feel bad, I am a skins fan and it took me darn 8 months to get my account right. There are over 60k registered users and the mods have their hands ful with literally dozens of threads started everyday and they read every post to ensure they are not breaking the rules. For more receptive talk you can go to

redskins.scout.com

There are a lot of fans from other teams on Extremeskins, but most of the posters are arrogant *******s. They will attack anything from anyone that does not toe the line with Redskins cheerleading. I have found that most of our opponents message boards have been very receptive this year, with the dolphins and this one being the best.

Thanks

Oh I knew what this topic was getting at. It's the fact they don't allow fans of other teams to come in and stir the place up. But I just thought I'd mention that the fans calling us arrogant and classless are hoping for a cheap shot to take Brady out of the game.

We love smacktalk around here...

That's because week after week fans come in posturing (obviously not all do - in fact there's some good Redskins fans here this week) talk smack - and then we watch the Patriots embarrass them

That's good entertainment!

Other team boards aren't so keen on watching other fans talk smack only to watch the bold predictions all come true.

I can understand how troubling that can be - but they will miss out on what can be some constructive football commentary coming from other team fans.

Again MOST of what we get here are jerk fans who will talk tough, never to be seen again when their team loses - but there's some good contributors that come around as well

Hi all. I'm new to the site, stumbled on it via a google search for bob costas on new england patriots. (was just watching inside the NFL & costas was making mention of them)
I must say I really like the forum so far.
I'd like to preface my comments with the notion that I believe the Pats will defeat the Skins. Saying that, I was born in Washington state & not knowing any better as a kid I liked the Redskins (washington...hence washington redskins ) not realizing then, that the Seahawks were my "home" team. I followed the Skins for years , even after realizing my blunder of thinking they were the home team. I loved the team & thought Joe Gibbs was an amazing coach. I moved to N.E. in 1987 & started watching the Pats, while still keeping Washington as "my" team. Well after the Skins whooped Buffalo in the S.B....I found that my interest had finally moved from them & the Pats, to the Pats only & I embraced them (Hugh Millen/**** Mcphearson)(sp) & all) lol as my new favorite team.Well what timing, I was rewarded by the fact that the Pats slowly began to improve & became the amazing team they are today. I hold no animosity towards the Skins at all, as a matter of fact being a skins fan for so many years made the smack down of the Cowboys even more satisfing...once ya hate the boys, you always hate the boys.
I hope the Redskins defense does actually give the Pats a challenge this week, just to show that this is still the same team it has been, a team that just finds a way to win, no matter the type of game.

Welcome, andaar! Enjoy the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back