2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would you have taken with #42/44?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Crumpler looks like he's done (big if) I'd consider a 2011 3rd for Olsen still, assuming he is still being shopped. Really though I'd only trade a 2nd for a balanced TE who could be a a possible starter. A second is too valuable otherwise.

This is dumb, Hernandez is a much better TE to compare to Olsen than Gronk.

The reason Gronk is a valid comparison is that, more or less, the Patriots took him with the pick Angelo wanted for Olsen.

The reason Gronk is a valid comparison is that, more or less, the Patriots took him with the pick Angelo wanted for Olsen.

Fair enough. I'll still take the rook over a guy who has never broken 700 yards on a team with no legitimate receivers.

The tandem of Olsen and Crumpler would had been nice this season, but I'm hoping that Gronk and Hernandez will put it together by seasons end and give the Pats the blocking/receiving combo that Olsen and Crumpler ever could. Acquiring Olsen would had left Hernandez to be picked by some other team and the Pats to look for a lesser block-first TE to develop.

I liked the way it worked out and I definitely like the gumption that Belichick displayed by playing chicken with the Bears, hoping they would lower the price for Olsen. The burden was on the Bears to make the move. The Pats should had been, by no means, be under the gun to make the trade and weren't (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back