PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ticket price increase [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: $169

Yeah Mr. Kraft is a real scumbag privately funding a state of the art stadium and not making the taxpayer foot the bill so you can sit in your rent controlled seats that you apparently feel entitled to.

I know...I know....back in the day you could buy a season ticket for a dollar and still have 25 cents to take your best gal to the malt shop.

While you're complaining and harking back to the good old days just remember that before Kraft the Patriots won ONE Conference Championship and under Kraft they've won FIVE.

If anything raising the ticket prices pretty much assures the fans that they WILL continue to strive to be successful because aside from being a fan of the franchise Mr. Kraft is a businessman and he knows how to keep ***es in the seats year after year be it yours or the next fan in line.

I had season tix before you bought the Pats.

You pushed all of us across Route 1 to Park in P10. Thats unacceptable. Enjoy your Mall.

I will never go back to Foxboro. I love the Pats but hate you with a passion.

GFY Bob, GFY.
I suppose the St Louis Patriots would sound better?? you are a fan? PLEASE....totally laughable..

I had season tix before you bought the Pats.

You pushed all of us across Route 1 to Park in P10. Thats unacceptable. Enjoy your Mall.

I will never go back to Foxboro. I love the Pats but hate you with a passion.

GFY Bob, GFY.

50,000+ people on the waiting list just celebrated your moving out of the way.

Perhaps you can now turn your attention to the UMass-Lowell Razorhawks.

I suppose the St Louis Patriots would sound better?? you are a fan? PLEASE....totally laughable..

I'm sure he's a real fan of the team. He's just pissed right now. But I don't buy into tickets as birth right mentality. Business owners can charge whatever they want for their products. I know I try to charge as much as possible. But consumers always have the right to not buy the product. That is a choice, and therein is our power.

Something else to think about is: what has NOT increased in price recently? Do you think Kraft's utility and transport prices haven't increased? It's his job as a business owner to try to pass these increases on to the consumer.

Also, do you tell the owner of Fedex to GFY? And the grocery store owner, because milk and cereal has increased in price - should they GFY? And the oil company? And everyone else???

For my money, there's no better sports entertainment value than the Patriots.

PS - if you're unhappy with the parking lot situation, take that nice, cheap train.

I'm going to guess that you have never received a season ticket invoice in the mail.

BTW: Does Hartford ring a bell?

I know the history of the Pats.

Of course not. The ones that are like "oh its just the free market" and "what's the big deal" are the ones that never go, never pay ****. They are always like "I'd love to go....but I'm on the waiting list...."

Yeah, whatever. Some of us go year after year. For decades. Paying our bills. Supporting this team through the down times. Bob Kraft CLAIMED to be one of us. He used to talk about it all the time. "I remember sitting in section 217....." All the time.

They are one of the most valuable franchises in sports. Worth a billion, according to Forbes. They already make money hand over fist. They are the NFL, trust me, they'd still be turning a major profit if they charged ZERO for the tickets. Bob Kraft is already in the top 300 RICHEST PEOPLE IN AMERICA, according to Forbes.

He said he was one of us. And you tell me he doesn't care who he sells the tickets to? That he has to bleed every last red cent out of the seats and his loyalist fans because of the marketplace? Give me a ******* break. Give me a ******* break.

The poster who started this thread was 100% correct. GFY Bob Kraft and Jonathan too.

J D Sal

Last edited:

50,000+ people on the waiting list just celebrated your moving out of the way.

Perhaps you can now turn your attention to the UMass-Lowell Razorhawks.

No they didn't. I have been hearing about this mythical 50,000 person waiting list since the Parcells days. To get on the list, you put down $100. Once. And then you're on it. For life. The vast majority of those people plopped down that money a decade ago.

If you suddenly receive notice in the mail, hey guess what, you got your Pats season tickets now. Send us $5 grand by March 31st. The VAST MAJORITY of those people, the huge majority are going to turn down the opportunity. Life changes in a decade. Children, sickness, marriage, job changes. Moving out of state. That is why the "waiting list" is such a ******* illusion. When most of those people put down their money, the average ticket was about $35. Think they're still in ten years later when they have to pony up several grand in a few months? I'm thinking most of those people, if they even respond, will say thanks but no thanks.

The true waiting list is probably like 10,000, if you break it down to people actually willing to buy and come up with the cash on short notice.

J D Sal

Re: Ticket price increase

Lower Level Sideline -- $169
Lower Level Corner/End Zone -- $117
Mezzanine Level Corner/End Zone -- $117
Upper Level Sideline -- $89
Upper Level Corner (Rows 1-7) -- $89
Upper Level Corner (Rows 8-26) -- $65
Standing Room -- $49

Did not see it posted, per Reiss.
Nice timing.

To be honest with you I thought my 3 $125 tickets were too expensive. But to go from 3,800 to over 5,000 in one season is just off the charts. I am so glad I had my tickets for so long and enjoyed the Patriots in a stadium. But, as I grow older, this is the first time I have to rethink paying for these tickets.

I am very concerned that going to a game in the future will be only for the rich. Ah, the good ole days were much better. Just an old stadium with die-hard fans -- win or lose.

I feel this is a very bad move by the Kraft family and it may come back to bite them.

Of course not. The ones that are like "oh its just the free market" and "what's the big deal" are the ones that never go, never pay ****. They are always like "I'd love to go....but I'm on the waiting list...."
Oh really, I'm pretty sure that some of the people saying that are paying for season tickets... tickets they don't even use because they live on another continent, although now and then they'll shell out 5 figure dollar amounts and fly 40,000 miles within 3 weeks to watch playoff games and the super bowl in person.

Some of us appreciate having something worth rooting for.

The true waiting list is probably like 10,000, if you break it down to people actually willing to buy and come up with the cash on short notice.

J D Sal

Please let us know where that figure comes from, other than your imagination.

I'm going to guess that you have never received a season ticket invoice in the mail.

BTW: Does Hartford ring a bell?

I know the history of the Pats.

Nope. What does Hartford have to do with anything? He was going to move them an hour away? Oh, cry me a river.

You are unbelievable, and a massive crybaby. Get a better job if it means that much to you.

Please let us know where that figure comes from, other than your imagination.

Its as realistic, probably more so, than the 50,000 one.

Tell you what, make me an offer for my seats. I am in 106, great seats behind the Pats bench. Highest bid gets them, as long as you show up with a certified check by March 31st.

J D Sal

Tell you what, make me an offer for my seats. I am in 106, great seats behind the Pats bench. Highest bid gets them, as long as you show up with a certified check by March 31st.

J D Sal

At least there is some evidence about the 50,000.

I would take you up on that if I didn't already have tickets and/or wasn't so far away, or if you could change the name on the account to mine so I could dump the seats I already have. What I really hope is that enough people leave so I can improve my seats. I'll gladly pay for seats like yours if they're in my name.

Enjoy your self-imposed exile. It's going to affect you a helluvalot more than Kraft, and it's all your choice.

At least there is some evidence about the 50,000.

I would take you up on that if I didn't already have tickets and/or wasn't so far away, or if you could change the name on the account to mine so I could dump the seats I already have. What I really hope is that enough people leave so I can improve my seats. I'll gladly pay for seats like yours if they're in my name.

Enjoy your self-imposed exile. It's going to affect you a helluvalot more than Kraft, and it's all your choice.

Yeah, evidence there are 50,000 names. There is also plenty of evidence not all of them will buy: The time passage, the price increase, life experience in knowing how things change over time, how long we have been hearing about "the list". All that is perfectly acceptable evidence too.

I am happy for you that you can travel from Hong Kong occasionally to see games and have that kind of disposable income. I am sure that is something you have done when you purchased tickets in recent years. The team does not allow a transfer of seats to your name. That wouldn't be fair to people on that great "waiting list" now would it?

You obviously can't relate to what I am saying in your unique situation. I am sure the goodwill you receive when others use your seats is a reward in its own right.

But really, you don't have much to add to this conversation because you live in another world. Good luck.

J D Sal

Yeah, evidence there are 50,000 names. There is also plenty of evidence not all of them will buy: The time passage, the price increase, life experience in knowing how things change over time, how long we have been hearing about "the list". All that is perfectly acceptable evidence too.

I am happy for you that you can travel from Hong Kong occasionally to see games and have that kind of disposable income. I am sure that is something you have done when you purchased tickets in recent years. The team does not allow a transfer of seats to your name. That wouldn't be fair to people on that great "waiting list" now would it?

You obviously can't relate to what I am saying in your unique situation. I am sure the goodwill you receive when others use your seats is a reward in its own right.

But really, you don't have much to add to this conversation because you live in another world. Good luck.

J D Sal
You're making far too many assumptions, and I am coming across like an *****$ here. I want to clarify something.

When I got my tickets, I probably earned about 15% of what I do now and I had a wife and 2 kids to support (Now I have 3. Kids, not wives). I scraped and saved and I attended games that I could barely afford. I easily could have decided not to go to games because they were too expensive, but I didn't. That was a choice.

But even back when things were very tight, I never begrudged anyone at the Pats because of that. I was just happy for the opportunity to have the chance to buy tickets. THAT is what I am trying to get across here. I do not agree with the vitriol shown towards the Krafts for this. If you don't want to go to the games, then don't. But why should anyone GFThemselves just because you've reached your payment threshhold? I'm priced out of many things, but I don't get so pissed about it.

And maybe I do live in another world from you now, and that is too bad for you. But 11 short years ago I had a girlfriend knocked up, lived in a crappy apartment above from speed freaks, and was literally living on welfare. So I think I have the right and perspective to talk about making choices with one's own money. Or should Patjew GFY too :eek: ?

One more thing: I do feel bad for anyone priced out their tix. That sucks. But it's not like being priced out of medication or heat. It's entertainment.

Last edited:

You're making far too many assumptions, and I am coming across like an *****$ here. I want to clarify something.

When I got my tickets, I probably earned about 15% of what I do now and I had a wife and 2 kids to support (Now I have 3. Kids, not wives). I scraped and saved and I attended games that I could barely afford. I easily could have decided not to go to games because they were too expensive, but I didn't. That was a choice.

But even back when things were very tight, I never begrudged anyone at the Pats because of that. I was just happy for the opportunity to have the chance to buy tickets. THAT is what I am trying to get across here. I do not agree with the vitriol shown towards the Krafts for this. If you don't want to go to the games, then don't. But why should anyone GFThemselves just because you've reached your payment threshhold? I'm priced out of many things, but I don't get so pissed about it.

And maybe I do live in another world from you now, and that is too bad for you. But 11 short years ago I had a girlfriend knocked up, lived in a crappy apartment above from speed freaks, and was literally living on welfare. So I think I have the right and perspective to talk about making choices with one's own money. Or should Patjew GFY too :eek: ?

One more thing: I do feel bad for anyone priced out their tix. That sucks. But it's not like being priced out of medication or heat. It's entertainment.

There are plenty of reasons to think the Kraft's ticket increase is out of line. Some of which I cited. And yes, if I reach my payment threshold, I will be gone.

And it may take several years for the wonderful "marketplace" to bear it out, but perhaps the Krafts will come to regret pricing out a lot of long-time ticket holders and their loyalist fans. Or maybe they won't. Maybe they want something else in the stadium. Maybe they want it to be mostly corporate, particularly in the lower bowl. True "fans" may not spend as much money.

In the long run, we'll see how that works.

I know one thing, they were either lucky or good in getting Belichick. I doubt all their decisions will be that good, though they can't see that now.

J D Sal

I know one thing, they were either lucky or good in getting Belichick. I doubt all their decisions will be that good, though they can't see that now.

J D Sal
I'd imagine they see much more than any of us do. There's a reason they're in the position they're in today. They have this calculated to the penny for many years out, I'm sure.

Come on now, JD... I am one of these "free market people" and I've been to plenty of games in the past few years (including 1 Super Bowl)... including several playoff games... and each time I went, I had to pay a significant premium over face value...

Last edited:

J D Sal
Eh... you shouldn't worry about a certified check... it's not like you sending the tickets out the next day, so if the check bounced, you're not really out anything... :D

That aside, are you going to include first right of refusal to all home playoff games as part of your package..?

Come on now, JD... I am one of these "free market people" and I've been to plenty of games in the past few years (including 1 Super Bowl)... including several playoff games... and each time I went, I had to pay a significant premium over face value...
So what? Have you paid for every game since 1996 and most since the mid-80's? And I have been to two Super Bowls and ten road games.

But that isn't the question. Its season tickets. There are ten games a year. How many exhibition games did you pay full price for? Just since 1996 including playoffs, we're talking close to 120 games at least. How many have you been to, ten?

You just have no perspective. Many of the fans they're pricing out are their loyalist fans. Nobody debates they have the "right" to do it. Maybe the market will sustain it, maybe it will for awhile and then won't. Maybe it'll be a mistake.

But all that misses the point. They can make as much friggin' money as they want. They can make their franchise worth 1.1 billion instead of 1 billion and kick out some loyal fans in the process if they want. They can make a mistake if they want or don't see it.

But there is such a thing as goodwill. What goes around comes around. I think they're making a mistake here and the "its just the free market!!!!" people don't care or see it because they're not in that loop. But it'll affect them too when in the long run it affects the franchise negatively.

J D Sal

Eh... you shouldn't worry about a certified check... it's not like you sending the tickets out the next day, so if the check bounced, you're not really out anything... :D

That aside, are you going to include first right of refusal to all home playoff games as part of your package..?

Umm, yeah I am out something. The Pats want the money by March 31st and if they don't have it, in hand, you're no longer a season ticket holder.

And yes, playoff tickets are part of the package as well. I'll need that money a few weeks before Christmas or I lose the right. And yeah, you gotta decide and buy two games at that point before it may even be decided if there will be home playoff games. So I'll need the cash, cetified, then as well.

Fielding offers.

J D Sal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back