PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three front page stories about schillings sock at Boston.com

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
You can move this to the sox forum or the sock forum, i don't care. I know it's steroidball season, but come on, how about a draft story?

Last edited:
You can move this to the sox forum or the sock forum, i don't care. I know it's steroidball season, but come on, how about a draft story?

I gotta agree. The problem is the football writers in this town stink and they have no clout at the papers they work at.

thats what happens when the team owns the paper, im sure the draft wont be front page on sunday a april yankees game will be treated likr the 7 th game of a world series

So why compound the problem by posting this nonsense in the Pats forum instead of doing a draft-related post of your own? My guess is the draft story will be tomorrow. Schilling's socks/Sox/crocks/rocks, etc. -- who gives a rat's behind?

So why compound the problem by posting this nonsense in the Pats forum instead of doing a draft-related post of your own? My guess is the draft story will be tomorrow. Schilling's socks/Sox/crocks/rocks, etc. -- who gives a rat's behind?

Why?

To get you in a tizzy apparantly. Mission accomplished.:D

Bloody sock saga on NFL draft weekend. More of the Red Sox PR b******t. How long did it take them to think up this latest saga. I F'n hate the Red Sox. And I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan.

Because I don't own a major metropolitan newspaper. If you hear of any for sale real cheap, y'all let me know.

Bloody sock saga on NFL draft weekend. More of the Red Sox PR b******t. How long did it take them to think up this latest saga. I F'n hate the Red Sox. And I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan.
kinda the way i feel i get so tired of all the talk, media coverage, its overload to the oint you cant stand them i started following them in 67 but ever since this new ownership took over i have a hard time rooting for them i thought it was me, its nice to hear other people to, what really got me was when everyone cheered when the titians scored a few years ago , kraft should of nevevr posted the scores

I am a much bigger Pats fan than Sox fan, but I don't see why this is a problem. The Draft coverage has been beaten to death, how much else are they going to write without regurgitating the same stuff that has been said one thousand times before by Kiper, McShay, Mayock, Reiss and your next door neighbor. If on draft day the Pats get bumped back for a story about a dirty foot adornment, then you can complain.

P.S. What do you expect them to put on the front page, Reiss's "State of the Patriots" article? You know, the one that rings of every other offseason update the man has written?

Last edited:
kinda the way i feel i get so tired of all the talk, media coverage, its overload to the oint you cant stand them i started following them in 67 but ever since this new ownership took over i have a hard time rooting for them i thought it was me, its nice to hear other people to, what really got me was when everyone cheered when the titians scored a few years ago , kraft should of nevevr posted the scores

Yup. It's the new ownership. The whole Dice-K thing is ridiculous! It's way over the top and there's no need for it. I mean, you'd think the Beatles were in town the way they're playin' that guy up. Bring in the clowns! The Red Sox aren't a baseball team, they're clowns. And that's the way they want it.

I am a much bigger Pats fan than Sox fan, but I don't see why this is a problem. The Draft coverage has been beaten to death, how much else are they going to write without regurgitating the same stuff that has been said one thousand times before by Kiper, McShay, Mayock, Reiss and your next door neighbor. If on draft day the Pats get bumped back for a story about a dirty foot adornment, then you can complain.

P.S. What do you expect them to put on the front page, Reiss's "State of the Patriots" article? You know, the one that rings of every other offseason update the man has written?
you leave reiss alone hes all we got!

Yeah, he probably prefers Borges!:rofl:

No, not at all. Just because I don't kneel at the feet of Mr. Reiss does not mean I prefer Borges (who is a sniveling, agenda-driven assclown). You'd think I just insulted your kids.

No, not at all. Just because I don't kneel at the feet of Mr. Reiss does not mean I prefer Borges (who is a sniveling, agenda-driven assclown). You'd think I just insulted your kids.

Sorry man, it was just a joke. I like to think I don't kneel at the feet of Mr Reiss either, but I guess it just speaks to the fact that there's not a lot of great football coverage in this city, compared to the Red Sox. That's my opinion anyway.

I lived in boston for five years, so I figure this PATHETIC excuse for a story will last for a few days if not longer.

Why? Because it's April, it's a sensitive story, and it's the football offseason. The Globe has down draft previews all week, so it would be ignorant to say they're neglecting the draft.

This whole "Red Sox bash" party is getting a bit old. I can't think of any place outside of this board where the Sox are almost the enemy, even during the baseball regular season. Essentially, almost every PatsFan who makes fun of a SoxFan is making fun of himself.

I have to wonder just how many of the Sox haters are just front runners. You know, the people who were huge 'Niners fans in the 80's, colossal Cowboys fans in the 90's, and 'die hard' Patriots fans today.

Well, then, do you think three front page stories adequately cover the saga of the sock?

Was a forensic expert called in?

Were the socks 100% cotton, or were they a synthetic blend, possibly irritating the sensitive ankle area of the phenomenal hurler?

Enquiring minds want to know!

*Meanwhile, somewhere in the NFL, a player picks his arm up off the ground and reattaches it, annoyed that he is required to sit out one play.*

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back